What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Many forgotting INF Treaty

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/INFtreaty

According to that members which include Turkey can't own land based missiles (balistic, cruise whatever) within the range of 500 to 5500 km. But you can have sea or air based whatever range they have.

I doubt that Turkey is a partner of this Treaty, it was between the USA and SovietUnion.
Can you link a source please ?

Thank you for your effort, but Turkey is not mentioned. Do you possibly mean, missiles from US-bases in Turkey were removed, as they were removed from other NATO countries ?

The old Treaty expired already. It was between the USA and the Soviet Union.

Here is the new one and it is definitely agreed only between the USA and the Russian Federation

https://www.state.gov/t/avc/newstart/

Do you want to point on ?

http://www.hcoc.at/

By subscribing to the HCoC, members voluntarily commit themselves politically to provide pre-launch notifications (PLNs) on ballistic missile and space-launch vehicle launches (SLVs) and test flights. Subscribing States also commit themselves to submit an annual declaration (AD) of their country’s policies on ballistic missiles and space-launch vehicles.

Last edited:
@Quwa

Brother. I must ask you. How serious is the source ?
Did we found the holy grail or ist it fake ?
If we can trust J- Series IV is already in service and V will be ready 2020.
But, I found a plausibility mistake , GNSS is not mentioned.

Guidance : INS (Gyro) and optical ( I believe that he means atronavigation)
Don't take it seriously, it's fictional. It's a text role playing forum.

Don't take it seriously, it's fictional. It's a text role playing forum.

Thank's I had my doubts. But I am not sure;
I listened to Prof. Mesut Hakki Casin ex- TurAF member and now Prof. for International relation at Özyegin. Edu,
he is trustable and he claimed that Turkey can hit targets at almost 1000 km with own BM's. That's the range always mentioned for Yildirim III. SSM Director Ismail Demir said in TV that Turkey is working on BM's "for deterrence" . 2011 Prime Minister Erdogan advised Roketsan to develop a BM with at least 2500 km range.
It's a never ending story and still mystic.

Thank's I had my doubts. But I am not sure;
I listened to Prof. Mesut Hakki Casin ex- TurAF member and now Prof. for International relation at Özyegin. Edu,
he is trustable and he claimed that Turkey can hit targets at almost 1000 km with own BM's. That's the range always mentioned for Yildirim III. SSM Director Ismail Demir said in TV that Turkey is working on BM's "for deterrence" . 2011 Prime Minister Erdogan advised Roketsan to develop a BM with at least 2500 km range.
It's a never ending story and still mystic.
Whoever wrote that probably just made it up based on rumors.

@Quwa

Brother. I must ask you. How serious is the source ?
Did we found the holy grail or ist it fake ?
If we can trust J- Series IV is already in service and V will be ready 2020.
But, I found a plausibility mistake , GNSS is not mentioned.

Guidance : INS (Gyro) and optical ( I believe that he means atronavigation)

Did you mean astronavigation?

Did you mean astronavigation?
The guy wrote iinteresting things about J series but mentioned only INS ( Laser Gyro) and not GNSS. But he mentioned "optical navigation", which I guess is astronavigation used from Soviets in the 60's for BM guidance. But a very precise system if automated with present technologies , also today.

I wanted to know Quwas and all our members opinion about the author.
If there could be a secrete message ? The facts the author writes are not BS, he has background. If so, our newest BM"s could have 3 guidance systems. What do you think? Is it too much conspiracy?

If it is role play it has nothing common with the authors other posts.
I checked them in his profile, only German history related posts.
Thx for reading.

Back
Top Bottom