What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Looks Like Turkey Going For HQ9

Defence minister revealed that air defence missile system is not going to be part of NATO system.

Bakan Yılmaz’dan Çin füzesi yanıtı: NATO sistemine entegre edilmeyecek - Hürriyet GÜNDEM

Turkey to go ahead with non-NATO-integrated Chinese missile defense

browse.php

Turkey will go ahead with plans to order a $3.4-billion missile defense system from China, Defense Minister İsmet Yılmaz said, despite U.S. and NATO concerns over security and compatibility of weaponry.

Yılmaz said in a written response to a parliamentary question published on Feb. 19 that Ankara will use the long-range system without integrating it with NATO's system.

Turkey originally awarded the tender to China Precision Machinery Import and Export Corp in 2013, prompting U.S. and NATO officials to say the deal could raise questions over security.

Turkey later said it was in talks with France on the issue, but Yılmaz said no new bids had been received.

"The project will be financed with foreign financing. Work on assessing the bids has been completed and no new official bid was received," the minister said.

"The system in question will be integrated with the national system for Turkey's defense and will be used without integrating with NATO," he added.

Eurosam, which is owned by Franco-Italian missile maker MBDA and France's Thales, came second in the tender.

Last edited:
Any news on any Turkish Medium Range Missile Development?

Any Turkish missile project with 1500km to 2500km range?

Turkey should develop sophisticated missiles and mass manufacture them and deploy them across forces.

This will make Turkish Military a real force in Europe.

Any news on any Turkish Medium Range Missile Development?

Any Turkish missile project with 1500km to 2500km range?

Turkey should develop sophisticated missiles and mass manufacture them and deploy them across forces.

This will make Turkish Military a real force in Europe.
AFAIK, we have a set of tiers of rockets under a family name 'Yıldırım'.

And AFAIK, Yıldırım Block 4 has 1500km range and is stockpiled by the army.

I didn't hear about the tests of 2500km yet. AFAIK those should have been done last year.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

AFAIK, we have a set of tiers of rockets under a family name 'Yıldırım'.

And AFAIK, Yıldırım Block 4 has 1500km range and is stockpiled by the army.

I didn't hear about the tests of 2500km yet. AFAIK those should have been done last year.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Any picture of Yildirim Block IV?

@cabatli_53 Do Turkish Land Forces really have ability to strike targets 1500km away?

@Hakan @Neptune

Any picture of Yildirim Block IV?

@cabatli_53 Do Turkish Land Forces really have ability to strike targets 1500km away?

@Hakan @Neptune

Here you can find some info regarding the rocket family: J-600T Yıldırım - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1500km one (the block 4) doesn't seem to be there...

Edit: I just checked the edit history of that page, and it doesn't seem to have been touched since December 2013.. I'll try to find a more updated source...

Here is pictures of the rocket:

http://www.***************/pictures/data/4934/dscn0260bq4.jpg http://www.***************/pictures/data/4934/dscn0147zq6.jpg http://www.***************/pictures/data/4934/dscn0228tg3.jpg

Laser rocket is on target [IDX15D2] - IHS Jane's 360

Laser-rocket-is-on-target.jpg

Turkey’s Roketsan (Stand 10-B05, Turkish Pavilion) is showing off an impressive range of weapons at IDEX. Most interesting to Emirati visitors will be the Roketsan CİRİT – a laser-guided 2.75in rocket that has been combat-proven on the Bell AH-1W helicopters of the Turkish Army (4,500 having been delivered since it entered service in 2011), and which has been ordered for service with the UAE Armed Forces.

Though CİRİT has a theoretical maximum range of 8km, the UAE requested a range of 10km, and this has now been demonstrated, including a terminal manoeuvre, according to Cem Taşdeler, Roketsan’s head of market development for Europe and the Americas.

The weapon has been integrated on the UAE’s Air Tractor AT-802i, and is being integrated on Emirati Blackhawk helicopters. Taşdeler said it would also be installed on the UAE’s new Bell 407s and two further fixed-wing platforms. The weapon is being acquired together with an autonomous trailer-mounted platform with its own EO-based sighting system, capable of being towed behind land vehicles.

CİRİT has also been integrated on the Turkish Army’s T-129 ATAK helicopter, and the T-129s ordered by the type’s first, as yet undisclosed, export customer. CİRİT will also be supplied to Bahrain to arm its upgraded Bell AH-1s, and Roketsan has signed an agreement with MBDA to integrate the weapon on German Eurocopter UH Tigers.

Roketsan..

money-gif2.gif

Laser rocket is on target [IDX15D2] - IHS Jane's 360

Laser-rocket-is-on-target.jpg

Turkey’s Roketsan (Stand 10-B05, Turkish Pavilion) is showing off an impressive range of weapons at IDEX. Most interesting to Emirati visitors will be the Roketsan CİRİT – a laser-guided 2.75in rocket that has been combat-proven on the Bell AH-1W helicopters of the Turkish Army (4,500 having been delivered since it entered service in 2011), and which has been ordered for service with the UAE Armed Forces.

Though CİRİT has a theoretical maximum range of 8km, the UAE requested a range of 10km, and this has now been demonstrated, including a terminal manoeuvre, according to Cem Taşdeler, Roketsan’s head of market development for Europe and the Americas.

The weapon has been integrated on the UAE’s Air Tractor AT-802i, and is being integrated on Emirati Blackhawk helicopters. Taşdeler said it would also be installed on the UAE’s new Bell 407s and two further fixed-wing platforms. The weapon is being acquired together with an autonomous trailer-mounted platform with its own EO-based sighting system, capable of being towed behind land vehicles.

CİRİT has also been integrated on the Turkish Army’s T-129 ATAK helicopter, and the T-129s ordered by the type’s first, as yet undisclosed, export customer. CİRİT will also be supplied to Bahrain to arm its upgraded Bell AH-1s, and Roketsan has signed an agreement with MBDA to integrate the weapon on German Eurocopter UH Tigers.

Roketsan..

money-gif2.gif

hahaha...

Perfect news dude... :D

I will add this news to export thread too...

Back
Top Bottom