What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Tubitak SAGE WVR Missile Program-(Short Range Air to Air): (USA SideWinter Equivalent)

-Missile body is ready.
-Warhead, Propulsion is ready.
-IIR seeker head is in final stage.

Tubitak SAGE WVR missile is proceeding ahead of Hisar-A and It is expected to join into inventory before Hisar-A.

Tubitak SAGE WVR Missile Program-(Short Range Air to Air): (USA SideWinter Equivalent)

-Missile body is ready.
-Warhead, Propulsion is ready.
-IIR seeker head is in final stage.

Tubitak SAGE WVR missile is proceeding ahead of Hisar-A and It is expected to join into inventory before Hisar-A.

Can you explain what Hisar-A is?

And I wonder what your sources are bro? Do you work in the industry?

SAGE BVR (Long range Radar guided Air to Air Missile) missile dummy firing trials performed (without warhead, guidance).

Hisar-A: Low Altitude Surface to Air Missile

If you don't work in the Industry, how can you come to know these programs. (You didn't post any source for BVR and WVR missile infos)

If you don't work in the Industry, how can you come to know these programs. (You didn't post any source for BVR and WVR missile infos)

I am not active only in this forum. I know/read/hear lots of things/serious members who have either connections with industry or working inside or writing defence industry articles that some of you read in nets/magazines.

SAGE BVR (Long range Radar guided Air to Air Missile) missile dummy firing trials performed (without warhead, guidance).

Hisar-A: Low Altitude Surface to Air Missile

Brother, without bothering you too much, can you please list all our air-to-air, ground-to-air and air-to-ground munition projects with their respective name?
I didn't even know about SAGE nor Hisar-A until now - even though I'm addicted to this forum and regularly follow up defence industry related subjects in media. :what:

We shouldn't push our luck bro, after all he's the hand that feeds us :raise:

Baykuş;4858516 said:
Brother, without bothering you too much, can you please list all our air-to-air, ground-to-air and air-to-ground munition projects with their respective name?
I didn't even know about SAGE nor Hisar-A until now - even though I'm addicted to this forum and regularly follow up defence industry related subjects in media. :what:

You know both know them bro.

Hisar-a is Turkish name of LALADMIS

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/281237-roketsan-first-test-laladmis-tomorrow-04-10-2013-a.html

SAGE is Tubitak Sage maker of SOM, HGK, KGK, NEB....
TÜB

Baykuş;4858516 said:
We shouldn't push our luck bro, after all he's the hand that feeds us :raise:

You are right i think cabatli is the MVP of Turkish section but we often bash on Iranians when they came out of no where with weapon systems. (No source, no brochures, no video, etc...)

So when Cabatli mentions this projects (referring to Air to Air missiles) without a source, i'm a bit skeptical.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/281237-roketsan-first-test-laladmis-tomorrow-04-10-2013-a.html

TÜB

So, with the help of this Janes article I found;
Hisar-A = T-LALADMIS
Hisar-B = T-MALADMIS,
??? = T-LORAMIDS

Why did they choose 2 names for each variant? Int' marketing? Either way, it's a little bit confusing isn't it? :/

And with SAGE I was referring to the BVR Air-to-Air missile he also mentioned - didn't know that we even had such a project :what:
You are right i think cabatli is the MVP of Turkish section but we often bash on Iranians when they came out of no where with weapon systems. (No source, no brochures, no video, etc...)

So when Cabatli mentions this projects (referring to Air to Air missiles) without a source, i'm a bit skeptical.

Of course, it's always good to be skeptical and even more so when on the internet, but I can't recall any time Cabatli has been wrong about the news he share with us bro, that's why I even thought he was in the industry :cool:

TÜB

Mate when Cabatli posts something,you can be sure its true.
On many important military forums he is a valuable information source.

Turkish industry has a strange behavior. The actual name of programs are mostly called When the system got matured a bit. Until this time, They mostly use system short names of classes such as AIHSF = Alcak Irtifa Hava Savunma Füzesi = later, Hisar-A.

Simple Note: You know Aselsan and Tubitak SAGE develop the seeker heads of missile programs seperately. The main guidance systems Turkish industry developed until now, is Lazer and IIR for almost all misile programs.

-Tubitak SAGE's Cirit Lazer seeker head technology applied to LGK Air to ground bomb program by Roketsan.
ciritseekerhead.jpg

LGK head
ScreenShot001-4.jpg

-Beside of those, ATMACA's radar seeker head(Most probably based on Aselsan SAR antenne) is developed by Aselsan, giving impressive results.
aselAntishipradar.jpg

-Short Range Air to Air Missile IIR seeker head (much more complicated than UMTAS IIR seeker) is being developed by Tubitak SAGE. It is in final phase.

-Hisar-A and Hisar-O SAM IIR seeker heads are developed by Aselsan.

but, Aselsan engineers poured bloody tears to develop a high capable IIR seeker for missile programs such as UMTAS. It is because They play really big When their seekers are compared with equivalents so The IIR-UMTAS delayed a littile bit, While Cheaper Lazer-UMTAS is ready for battle.
IIR seeker of UMTAS Aselsan developed is the first "low cost" but high resolution IIR seeker of the World. UMTAS IIR seeker has a resolution of 320x240, While Javelin has 64x64. Think the differences.

umtasseekerhead-1.jpg

Remember I posted it before as well. I suppose the blue body seen at background, belongs to 533mm AKYA heavy torpedo. Most probably, The position of engineer at reportage is conspiciously stationed to implement known but hidden project.

mw9x2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom