What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

39s62_1476258115_1386.jpg

Any idea about this missile?

Chinese HQ (Red) -12 (KS-1A) air defense missile:

http://mil.eastday.com/m/20110426/u1a5859370.html

HQ+12+Myanamr.jpg

HongQi+12+%2528HQ-12%252C+KaiShan+1%252C+KS-1%2529+Surface-to-Air+Missile+System+%25284%2529.jpg

pu-2.jpg

hongqi12_hq12_missile_rampe_profil_droit.jpg

Same launcher. Same missile. Same camo pattern. It's a Chinese HQ-12 Air Defense Missile:

http://ausairpower.net/APA-HQ-9-12-Battery-Radars.html

I can't tell how they look like but the gear, area and the MANPADS. I've used that link waifu2x long ago, the link @Combat-Master once offered for changing the size of pictures. Thank you, bro :enjoy:

Google image search doesn't show me anything but news related to Turkish MANPADS. It looks like "Stinger" but not exactly, I still have my doubts...

Last edited:

What do you think if Roketsan produced missiles shorter than CIRIT and lighter than OMTAS? Would it be cheaper ammo for Cobra vehicles?
CIRIT has more range and speed. OMTAS has warhead for tanks.

What do you think if Roketsan produced missiles shorter than CIRIT and lighter than OMTAS? Would it be cheaper ammo for Cobra vehicles?
CIRIT has more range and speed. OMTAS has warhead for tanks.

even for 500m range that can change the game for us. something like darpa s guided sniper ammo.

actually they wont sell us this 1 it looks great 40mm and 2 km range is awesome.

Temren power to SeaHawks

mh60armed.jpg

Turkish Defence Executive Commitee decided to equip SeaHawk S-70B helicopters with ROKETSAN's recent missile Temren. Temren is a derivative of ATGM UMTAS for surface targets. The trials were held at Blacksea last year. UMTAS ATGM has a range of eigth km.Turkish Navy has 26 S-70B in inventory.

http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/temren-power-to-seahawks/2817/1

^
That picture above from C4D is a Hellfire, not UMTAS.

What I want to know and can't seem to find any reliable info on is this: Is TEMREN any different in terms of specs/range than the regular IR-UMTAS/L-UMTAS?

roket3.jpg

L-UMTAS.jpg

This is an older picture (from 2014) showing a TN S-70 B2 firing a L-UMTAS as part of the UMTAS qualification tests on the Seahawks. In this case the heli itself had the laser designator (notice the nose). According to TurkishNavy.net the test was conducted 200m above sea level and the target (an old TN tugboat named "TCG Odev") was blown up from 4 km away.. Roketsan says the maximum range of L-UMTAS is 8 km so the test was conducted at about half the max distance.

Last edited:
Precision strike Anti-Tank Family:
(Navy)Temren Block-2: 30km (Mizrak based Penguin equivalent strike missile)
(Navy)Temren Block-1: 17km (Mizrak based longer range strike missile)
Mizrak-UL : 8km
Mizrak-UIIR : 8km
Cirit SAL missile: 8km
Mizrak-O: 4km
Mizrak-K: 2-3 km

Precision strike Anti-Tank Family:
(Navy)Temren Block-2: 30km (Mizrak based Penguin equivalent strike missile)
(Navy)Temren Block-1: 17km (Mizrak based longer range strike missile)
Mizrak-UL : 8km
Mizrak-UIIR : 8km
Cirit SAL missile: 8km
Mizrak-O: 4km
Mizrak-K: 2-3 km

@cabatli_53 Thanks for the info on Temren. Do you happen to know if it will be supersonic and if it can do top-attack like Atmaca ASM? Reason I'm asking is it'd be great to have a Penguin-like missile that can defeat CIWS.

Back
Top Bottom