What's new

Turkish Meko Class enters Greek Waters.

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
It has been reported that TCG Yildirim a Meko 200 Track I frigate entered Greek Territorial waters between the hours of 02:13 to 03:01am.

A frigate of the Turkish navy reached

Evia, early on Thursday morning.

“Yildirim” came from Dardanelia and moved westward, north of Limnos on international waters. Then, following southern route it entered Greek territorial waters from 02:13 to 03:01am, between Skyros and Evia and moved to the southeast on international waters towards a region in south Aegean.
It is estimated that once more the Turks want to send the message that the Aegean is not owned by Greece alone, and according to military sources they did not take a step further in their provocations and did not «harass» the ships of the Greek fleet that were in the Aegean for the Thunder exercise…

Short URL: Turkish frigate in Evia, entering Greek territorial waters | TRDEFENCE

evia.gif

Exact ship involved

DSC_0050x.jpg

Yeap it is true

another one in what .. 20 days ?

I don't know exactly what these moves mean...... are they a message to Greece or a message to Erdogan, or both ?

Yeap it is true

another one in what .. 20 days ?

I don't know exactly what these moves mean...... are they a message to Greece or a message to Erdogan, or both ?

the message is,

this is sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hitwall:

Last edited:
these incidents don't speak well of the professionalism and discipline of the Turkish Navy.

They are very professional and disciplined, they follow orders to the letter ..

;)

right. I don't know if this news true or not but if it is true, that ship was clearly following the given orders.

I have no idea what was the reason.

right. I don't know if this news true or not but if it is true, that ship was clearly following the given orders.

I have no idea what was the reason.

I know they were following orders.
News is true.. as was the submarine about a week or so ago.
as is the 20 or so planes doing the same every day ..

This is an escalation though, because .. planes are planes.. ships are rather different.. they carry more political weight. No matter who is really trying to project that weight.

I know they were following orders.
News is true.. as was the submarine about a week or so ago.
as is the 20 or so planes doing the same every day ..

This is an escalation though, because .. planes are planes.. ships are rather different.. they carry more political weight. No matter who is really trying to project that weight.

I have not heard about the submarine ? Any info ?

Maybe Greeks can explain why they keep allowing Turkish war ships to cruise their waters as they please and Turkish jets flying mock bombing runs scaring your population.
Now imagine what Turkey would do if you did the same. I don't get it.

The turkish submarine was reported by the defencenet.gr site, they also produce a magazine.

they are very respected, don't listen to nonsense about their credibility, they are amongst the best in the world with 250.000 individual hits on their site.

refer there for more info on the submarine incident. there is an english version as well..

Maybe Greeks can explain why they keep allowing Turkish war ships to cruise their waters as they please and Turkish jets flying mock bombing runs scaring your population.
Now imagine what Turkey would do if you did the same. I don't get it.

We allow this, because the situation is different, we (i.e. Greece)are not sure who is actually behind this actions since the Ergenekon plans was revealed.

Our forces are keeping a safe distance, i.e. a minimum necessary distance so tat an incident can not take place for provocation.

What do you expect the Turkish navy to do? Given the fact that Greece has always been the aggressor?

1922 - Invasion of Turkish home land.

1974 - Attempted ethnic cleansing of Turkish Cypriots and opposition Greek Cypriot by EOKA B terror group on Cyprus.

1996 - New island pops up due to quake a few km's away from Turkish mainland and Greece attempts to claim it as their own?

With Greece in significant financial turmoil and currently undertaking a force reduction of 33 percent the very least we can do is send a warship to visit Athens to tell them "look we have our own defense industry and we are much more powerful then you can ever hope to be now and these waters are not yours alone anymore so dont ever provoke us ever again with your illegal airspace violations and harassment of CG units".

After all the U.S sent their great white fleet in the beginning of the 20th century, might as well tell our neighbors that we are a regional hegemony in the same way. :yahoo:

What do you expect the Turkish navy to do? Given the fact that Greece has always been the aggressor?

1922 - Invasion of Turkish home land.

1974 - Attempted ethnic cleansing of Turkish Cypriots and opposition Greek Cypriot by EOKA B terror group on Cyprus.

1996 - New island pops up due to quake a few km's away from Turkish mainland and Greece attempts to claim it as their own?

With Greece in significant financial turmoil and currently undertaking a force reduction of 33 percent the very least we can do is send a warship to visit Athens to tell them "look we have our own defense industry and we are much more powerful then you can ever hope to be now and these waters are not yours alone anymore so dont ever provoke us ever again with your illegal airspace violations and harassment of CG units".

After all the U.S sent their great white fleet in the beginning of the 20th century, might as well tell our neighbors that we are a regional hegemony in the same way. :yahoo:

i expect the turkish navy to do nothing else, but i expect from you to be more than a simpleton .. too much to ask huh ?

oh and by the way, the waters are not up for taking, they are Greece's by international law and established treaties.. it is not the middle ages anymore, where if you could take something you would and keep it.. ottoman aspirations over there , have we ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom