What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

What is the use of having carriers for a country such as Turkey? Do we need them? Against who?

What is the use of having carriers for a country such as Turkey? Do we need them? Against who?

Not against Who ,against any Problems !

Like the War in Libya ,there was many Turkish citizens that are working there and then comes a War ,how will Turkey pick them up Safely ? a LHD is mobile Base ,with anything do you need for a Landing on a different Country to give your People the Safety !

I mean is a Big Landingship and a Base ,for a Modern Armed Forces you need this !

Frigate<Destroyer<Cruiser<LPD<LHD (light carrier)<Aircraft Carrier<Super Carrier

my suggestion is to get LPDs not LHDs. Cauz lpds are better. But if u really wanna get involved in flight ops, i suggest you to buy a carrier, btw USS Enterprise (CVN-65) is goin to get retired. What about this lady ?

Frigate<Destroyer<Cruiser<LPD<LHD (light carrier)<Aircraft Carrier<Super Carrier

my suggestion is to get LPDs not LHDs. Cauz lpds are better. But if u really wanna get involved in flight ops, i suggest you to buy a carrier, btw USS Enterprise (CVN-65) is goin to get retired. What about this lady ?

We could only dream of an Super Aircraft carrier like nimitz-class, Atleast for a couple decades that is. Currently what Turkey needs is an Multi-purpose platfrom like LHD which can be used for many roles like power projectile, Sending aid and Help Poor Countries and Etc.

We could only dream of an Super Aircraft carrier like nimitz-class, Atleast for a couple decades that is. Currently what Turkey needs is an Multi-purpose platfrom like LHD which can be used for many roles like power projectile, Sending aid and Help Poor Countries and Etc.

So well how will it look like? I mean is it your own design or something els? Thx. :)

So well how will it look like? I mean is it your own design or something els? Thx. :)

Still have to be chosen, The Tender consist of 3 different LHD. The Korean dokdo-class, The Spanish Juan Carlos and the local design of RMK Marine Shipyard. Today there is a SSM meeting where the winner will be decided with other tenders and programs.

Nnah. Who gives a damn about Dokto. I know it's a good vessel but no chance of winning against L-61. I just checked RMK's design. It looks more pretty for me. But if I were you, I'd go with your own design. cauz it's been always better to start with your owns. Good luck for ya

Nnah. Who gives a damn about Dokto. I know it's a good vessel but no chance of winning against L-61. I just checked RMK's design. It looks more pretty for me. But if I were you, I'd go with your own design. cauz it's been always better to start with your owns. Good luck for ya

RMK is national private company so I think we should choose that. Plus it has a history of ship building and a subsidiary of a big company.

Agreed. Also you can export it if your allies like it

Btw, can RMK's LHD carry f35bs

I'm not sure tbh but don't the front have to be sloping upwards so a fighter can take off? Neither dokdo or RMK have that slope from what I see only Juan Carlos have it, but it its battlefield style where the F-35 goes like a helicopter then all will work.

Back
Top Bottom