What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

On the other hand, the equipping of the Marines continues with Otokar. Maybe in the future they can acquire Tulpar variant for their tracked APC selection.

Cobra 2
69601450_2645510812139370_6249089536354156544_n.jpg

The major competition in the ground forces will be in tracked APC tender. Following the Altay project, it will be the second critical step in the modernization of mechanized elements of the ground forces. There is a potential for a total of 2000 vehicles.

Weapon-carrier platforms largely appeared. The biggest share seems to have taken by FNSS with Pars and Kaplan platforms. For me, only the large caliber howitzer carrier platform is not clear but most likely it will go to the BMC. Apart from these, the biggest job is the change of Otokar / Land Rover 4x4 general purpose off-road vehicles, it is possible to relate the above "BMC pick-up and SUV" work to this issue.

trivia: When this visual first appeared on social media last year, there was no clear information about any of the projects. As of now, three have been presented, one is waiting.
Dy7eoM9WwAE9_Wk

trivia: When this visual first appeared on social media last year, there was no clear information about any of the projects. As of now, three have been presented, one is waiting.
Dy7eoM9WwAE9_Wk

And probably thousands of orders.. Other companies will lose all their motivation. Because all efforts are in vain. No matter what they do, no matter what they develop, only one company will win the tenders. Some people think this is an advantage, but this will prevent the development of the Turkish defense industry. I hope I'm wrong.

When will the likes of arma and pars be integrated into the land forces ?

Turkey should sell its the leopards in the next years since they are vulnerable to sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom