What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

TTS FCS is good enough . And we have many thousands of 105 mm tank ammunition. so no need to a new 120 mm barrel and new FCS. Dont remember new upper fcs or gadgets needs more electiric and may be new engine.

Even Volkan-1(for 105 mm) modification would cost almost 0,75 to 1 m$ for each tank. I guess it is too much money these days. (multiply it 600 tanks)..

Althought We need kinetic power of 120mm smoothguns in case of Tank battles, today in war against terrorism there is no urgency of larger caliber. 105mmL7 rifled guns are enought to waste terrorists, i would prefer also smarter 90mm guns for UW.
Upgrading old Turkish V150s

to Fire Support Vehicle with CSİ LP turret could be more viable and cheaper.
Cadillac_Gage_V150_USA_10.jpg

MECAR 90mm tank.jpg

images.jpeg

Без названия.jpeg

Look at all those beatiues.
Lav-300 with 90mm turret even amphibious thats Turkish Marine force couldnt neglect.
Cadillac_Gage_V-300_USA_10.jpg

Althought We need kinetic power of 120mm smoothguns in case of Tank battles, today in war against terrorism there is no urgency of larger caliber. 105mmL7 rifled guns are enought to waste terrorists, i would prefer also smarter 90mm guns for UW.
Upgrading old Turkish V150s

to Fire Support Vehicle with CSİ LP turret could be more viable and cheaper.
View attachment 461473
View attachment 461474
View attachment 461475
View attachment 461477
Look at all those beatiues.
Lav-300 with 90mm turret even amphibious thats Turkish Marine force couldnt neglect.
View attachment 461478
You're right. We don't need 120mm on every tank. 105mm is enough. We can easily destroy their vehicles with 105mm rounds. Plus 105mm rounds are cheaper and we can fit more of them in each tank, so they're prefect for targeting terrorists.

At the end of the day our main tank will be the Altay. Upgraded M60s will be used for asymmetrical warfare. Whereas the Altay will be reserved for Tank on Tank warfare. We should upgrade these M60s and produce the first batch of Altays simultaneously as they both serve different roles.

The M60A3 had them installed
For their time they were even better than the fcs of the M1 Abrams(the one with the 105 mm gun, not M1A1)
But still very capable

Gonna fling my opinion into the couldron... I think they could have done a much better job, don't like the M60A3 up-armor modernization... I see why they want German BDS armor for Leopard 2A4 modernization, they clearly aren't very good at it.

Gonna fling my opinion into the couldron... I think they could have done a much better job, don't like the M60A3 up-armor modernization... I see why they want German BDS armor for Leopard 2A4 modernization, they clearly aren't very good at it.

Well, can you elaborate?
Why dont you like it?

Roketsan’s brain child deficiency becoming a hurdle as the time passing through. They don’t like it but, they will need some Sage help in their future as they don’t solve this problem.

I don’t know why the upgrade looks so sloppy now. But the one that Roketsan upgraded earlier was much better. I don't know why the quality decreased so much.

Attachments

• M60A3 with Roketsan ERA upgrade.jpg
    M60A3 with Roketsan ERA upgrade.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 115
its the ugly painting! paint it green and it will look better :D /s

The pictures are different then the video. I think the tank looks in the video quite badass. but the pics are "weird"

Look at the tank at from 0:05 till 0:23 and u will see the difference.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom