What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Yeah, but in the end it's only a better armoured M60A3, while the M60T is nearly a new Tank.

There is : 360 degree awarness system, driver thermal camera system, a rcws system...

The number of 40 can be considered as a pre-order. i can see this suit comes for all m-60s which are in mechanized units..

This is not ERA, sections are huge to be ERA. It is probably additional composite armor plates.
It most likely is ERA the blocks are not really that big. If you look in the second picture you can see that the "sections" your claiming are to large are actually pretty thin.

Attachments

• M60A3 Firat Modernization .jpg
    M60A3 Firat Modernization .jpg
    85 KB · Views: 126

This upgrade looks like poor man's sabra tank, of course modernization is not just how it looks. Fire control systems and electro-optics are the most important one (competence). (I am not an expert but) I feel that they try to add-on atgm protection with sloped composite armor with lowest possible weight trade-off! (at lowest possible cost) No engine or gun upgrade, and we don't know about fire control systems and electro-optics. BUT this new armor looks very weak between hull and turret, there is a huge gap and reverse slope directed to the hull, in M60T they made it as small as possible. Israelis definitely have experience with that and know something that matters ( Take a look at Merkava Mark IV & Sabra) It could be better if Aselsan and 1st Army Maintenance Center produce an unmanned new turret that could fit on M60s like T-14 Armata :)) It could be a huge success and best stop-gap

This is just a stop gap, in the case of a larger military conflict, in which we would need a shitload of tanks

Therefore...Better start giving the Altay job ASAP...
I would really want to see the Leopard 2A4s upgraded. There is a lot of life in these tanks. With the Sabras + the FIRAT with integrated active protection systems if we see the Leo's upgraded our tank fleet will be good. Put ALTAY on the top and its perfect.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom