What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

What is that you see on it?

A RCWS, maybe 7mm caliber.
The vehicles are great, my only concern are the large driver windshield glasses.
US presidents armored cars glass is known to resist cal.50 sniper bullets. A special syntetic made saphire with some layers.
If we remember some Cobra's abandoned in ES we can guess what happened.

@Bismarck
Some time ago you asked for truck mounted 155 mm gun, in IDEX 2017 was a Turkish mockup shown with 52 .cal gun on a, for me on a MAN truck.

Do you have any picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
if they took the Ejder, then the CObra II will not be purchased, at least for now... . Maybe cobra I for light armored vehicule, to replace some Humvees.

Cobra I is a great vehicle, it's only in the past year or so with the very heavy ieds that they have felt outdated. Could be cheaper to go for a number of Cobra Is and Ejder 2 as the heavy guys.

And for Ejder 2 feedback from police was good and military also bought them. Didn't really expect this much success in a market which already felt dominated by Kobra&Kirpi so def a good vehicle.

Cobra I is a great vehicle, it's only in the past year or so with the very heavy ieds that they have felt outdated. Could be cheaper to go for a number of Cobra Is and Ejder 2 as the heavy guys.

And for Ejder 2 feedback from police was good and military also bought them. Didn't really expect this much success in a market which already felt dominated by Kobra&Kirpi so def a good vehicle.

cobra I will (if purchased) be used for light things around the city, light patrol and such, not in the battlefield.
Tunisia , if i remember well, wanted few more kirpi and other Mrap type vehicules.

Do you have any picture?

Yes but cabatli posted ago

2s9yqfp.jpg

Kaplan looking good with BMP-3 Turret in desert camo
C42ZS3QUMAAzJ3I.jpg:large

This thing screams UAE order me lol :).

Bro, you have any idea why our firms are persisting on 25mm without ATGM? Why not test 30/40mm? If necessary on heavier platforms like Tulpar.

This thing screams UAE order me lol :).

Bro, you have any idea why our firms are persisting on 25mm without ATGM? Why not test 30/40mm? If necessary on heavier platforms like Tulpar.

No clue bro, maybe it's because we have heaps of 25mm in storage - switching to a calibre that's not in inventory or produced by MKEK might not make much sense sustainability wise.. 35mm might be an option in the future..

The show is near...
End of February = end of trial...finally

Altay’ın testleri son aşamada

IDEX 2017 savunma sanayi fuar’ında Ali Koç,” Altay tankının ‘Kabul Testleri’nde son aşamaya gelindi. Şubat ayı sonuna kadar kabul testlerinin tamamlanması hedefleniyor” dedi.

Milli ana muharebe tankı Altay’ın seri üretimi sürecine ilişkin açıklamalarda bulunan Ali Koç, “Otokar’ın ana yükleniciliğinde tasarlanan ve geliştirilen Altay, iki yıldır zorlu testlere tabi tutuldu. Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı ve Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı tarafından gerçekleştirilen ‘Kabul Testleri’nde son aşamaya gelindi. Şubat ayı sonuna kadar kabul testlerinin tamamlanması hedefleniyor.

Otokar, ülkemiz için stratejik öneme sahip Altay tankının seri üretimini de başarıyla gerçekleştirecek yetkinliklere sahiptir. Seri üretim için görevlendirilmeye hazırız. Altay’ın üretimi için görevlendirildiğimiz takdirde ülkemiz savunma sanayisinin ihtiyaçlarını karşılamanın da ötesinde Altay ile de yurt dışına ihracatta önemli bir sayfa açacağımıza ve yeni pazarlara ulaşacağımıza inanıyorum” dedi.

Kaynak: www.savunmaveteknoloji.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom