What's new

Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs

Opening of Turkish-Armenian border is out of question - ruling party
17 NOVEMBER 2014
Border_kontrol_040612.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov.17
By Rufiz Hafizoglu - Trend:

The opening of Turkish-Armenian border is out of the question, a board member of the ruling Justice and Development Party in Turkey Mazhar Bagli told Trend Nov.17.

He said that Turkey will never take steps aimed against the interests of Azerbaijan.

"Turkey is willing to have good relations with all neighboring countries, and Turkey has always supported the interests of Azerbaijan and never took any steps against the brotherly country," said Bagli.

He said that in Turkey, everyone has the right to express views on various issues.

Earlier, former Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Unal Cevikoz urged the Turkish government to open the border with Armenia. Cevikoz also said that the opening of Turkish-Armenian border may contribute to the normalization of relations with Yerevan.

Turkey and Armenia have no diplomatic relations, the border between them was closed in 1993. The reason for this became Armenian claims on the international recognition of the so-called "Armenian genocide" and Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands.

Turkey signs increased gas deal with Algeria
Turkey will increase gas imports from Algerian under the terms of renewed gas trade agreement signed in Algiers on Wednesday.Under the terms of the new contract, which will run for ten years, Turkey will import 4.4 billion cubic meters of liquefied natural gas per year from Algeria, up from 4 billion per year under the previous contract.

The increase will slightly raise Algerian imports' share in Turkey's total energy mix, which has been nine percent previously.

Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz signed a joint declaration on cooperation inenergy with Algeria’s Minister of Energy, Youcef Yousfi. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also attended the ceremony.

Turkey has imported 4 billion cubic meters of liquefied natural gas, or LNG, every year from Algeria since 1988. The contract was set to expire by the end of this year.

The declaration also plans cooperation in different fields of the energy sector between two countries, according to Energy Ministry officials.

Turkey and Algeria will develop new projects on natural gas exploration and production, collaborate on renewables, with a priority for solar energy, and cooperate in electricity transmission and system operations, the agreement says.

Turkey signs increased gas deal with Algeria Anadolu Agency

President Erdogan makes official visit to Algeria Anadolu Agency

Turkey signs increased gas deal with Algeria
Turkey will increase gas imports from Algerian under the terms of renewed gas trade agreement signed in Algiers on Wednesday.Under the terms of the new contract, which will run for ten years, Turkey will import 4.4 billion cubic meters of liquefied natural gas per year from Algeria, up from 4 billion per year under the previous contract.

The increase will slightly raise Algerian imports' share in Turkey's total energy mix, which has been nine percent previously.

Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz signed a joint declaration on cooperation inenergy with Algeria’s Minister of Energy, Youcef Yousfi. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also attended the ceremony.

Turkey has imported 4 billion cubic meters of liquefied natural gas, or LNG, every year from Algeria since 1988. The contract was set to expire by the end of this year.

The declaration also plans cooperation in different fields of the energy sector between two countries, according to Energy Ministry officials.

Turkey and Algeria will develop new projects on natural gas exploration and production, collaborate on renewables, with a priority for solar energy, and cooperate in electricity transmission and system operations, the agreement says.

Turkey signs increased gas deal with Algeria Anadolu Agency

President Erdogan makes official visit to Algeria Anadolu Agency

These news make mad......

Only if we had enough oil and natural gas for internal consumption..... i mean no exports.... just just internal consumption...Things would be very different today.

These news make mad......

Only if we had enough oil and natural gas for internal consumption..... i mean no exports.... just just internal consumption...Things would be very different today.
Turkey would have been a more powerful country.

Who knows maybe it is good that there is a lack of oil and gas for now. The country can develop non oil and gas sectors. Maybe in the future gas and oil will be discovered in Turkey then turkey will have a good diverse economy and then all of a sudden have alot of oil and gas. :enjoy:

Hayirlisi olsun insallah.

Turkey would have been a more powerful country.

Who knows maybe it is good that there is a lack of oil and gas for now. The country can develop non oil and gas sectors. Maybe in the future gas and oil will be discovered in Turkey then turkey will have a good diverse economy and then all of a sudden have alot of oil and gas. :enjoy:

Hayirlisi olsun insallah.
If i may add a little conspiracy theory, if we had big amount of oil and/or gas in the beginning, Turkish people would have needed democracy and freedom and regime changes, unless you're an obedient puppet like some Arab monarchs ;)

This is also the reason that I sometimes wonder if its a good thing that Inönü failed at laussane with Mosul, because both the french and the british were ready to give mosul to turkey but wanted to negotiate on the petrol exports, but well Inönü failed to read the situation and we got what we got now. On the other hand I wonder if we did had Mosul would we have been involved in ww2 because of the oil.

This is also the reason that I sometimes wonder if its a good thing that Inönü failed at laussane with Mosul, because both the french and the british were ready to give mosul to turkey but wanted to negotiate on the petrol exports, but well Inönü failed to read the situation and we got what we got now. On the other hand I wonder if we did had Mosul would we have been involved in ww2 because of the oil.
Look at Mosul still want it? Our country is good as it is, we have already problems with sepratists no need for Jihadists too.

Look at Mosul still want it? Our country is good as it is, we have already problems with sepratists no need for Jihadists too.

You are weak with historical context I asume, you are aware that at that time, we had a large turkmen population in those areas and the only reason they are low in numbers is because they have been ehum, relocated

You are weak with historical context I asume, you are aware that at that time, we had a large turkmen population in those areas and the only reason they are low in numbers is because they have been ehum, relocated
You are the last one i need a history lesson from with your biased view.

What was the Turkmen population there even if it was 70% the rest 30% would be enough to be a bourden to us, the only thing i can blame Atatürk and Inönü is that they didnt the same population exchange with Iraqi Türkmens as they did with Thracians Türkmens.

You are the last one i need a history lesson from with your biased view.

What was the Turkmen population there even if it was 70% the rest 30% would be enough to be a bourden to us, the only thing i can blame Atatürk and Inönü is that they didnt the same population exchange with Iraqi Türkmens as they did with Thracians Türkmens.

Tell me my bias

Tell me my bias
Our first discussion last month, how bad our founding fathers was and how we are suffering today because of their wrong policys, bla bla...

You are doing the same again, blaming people you should be thankful that they were able to gift us at least the last a piece of land from Ottomans, and you are asking where your bias is, at gözlügü dedikleri bu olmali iste.

Our first discussion last month, how bad our founding fathers was and how we are suffering today because of their wrong policys, bla bla...

You are doing the same again, blaming people you should be thankful that they were able to gift us at least the last a piece of land from Ottomans, and you are asking where your bias is, at gözlügü dedikleri bu olmali iste.

Or might I suggest I hold onto more information from different sources which support give me different perspectives. You may deny or accept it, but everyone has a bias since we are human and have the attitude to believe on emotions than on factual information. Specially we turks, in contrary to the British they see emotion as a nuisance in politics and act according to their data for highest percentage of revenue and control, we Turks however act on emotion and values, which on political level has quite a level of cons unless our current political party wants to extract resources in a more human manner, which decreases our profit margins, but also makes enemies with our counterparts.

Did you know to control the history you need to control the current time.
Goldstein - Ignorance is strength

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom