What's new

Turkish Forces Intercepted 18 tonnes of Bootleg Alcohol In Istanbul

whats that iraqi culture? in turkey we dont have that feeling..

Not so much Iraq, its the Arab community that does this actively. Although it seems to be on the decrease, compared to the early 2010's.

Not so much Iraq, its the Arab community that does this actively. Although it seems to be on the decrease, compared to the early 2010's.

than I only can imagine or I just assume now it appeared to be like this because of war, tensions, hardship on the people in iraq.. normaly this has no ground..

when you put high punishment, it will disappear

for the illigal destillers it should be so because they really poisen the people..

than I only can imagine or I just assume now it appeared to be like this because of war, tensions, hardship on the people in iraq.. normaly this has no ground..

for the illigal destillers it should be so because they really poisen the people..
in US, they are way higher alcohol consumption but nobody risk to do i at home as there is very high punishment for that as you kinda risk to kill people intentionally+

You can't forbid any drug, including alcohol. People will always find a way. Heavily taxing it -> people will resort to cheap booze with methanol and die.

That is incorrect. Heavy state measures curb consumption of alcohol in a population. So technically if Turkey banned alcohol---the consumption of alcohol will fall significantly. Some people will make it illegally for some time, but in the long term---the consumption will collapse.

Its a proven fact. Alcohol bans always decrease alcohol consumption in society. But are they worth it? That's up to people/countries to decide. According to surveys, 80-90% Turks are teetotalers anyways. People in Turkey find it shocking bc apparently everyone around em drinks---but time after time, all the surveys show this 80%-90% range

EDIT: Btw my Turkish friends, I need your help in understanding something..

What is the difference between the words inançsız and dinsiz?

How are these two terms understood in today's Turkish culture? I know both terms are related and have similar-ish meaning....so that's why wanted to know the meaning/Turkish contex

disbeliever

a person without religion, better translation: atheist

So how would you write irreligious in Turkish? Both disbelieve and Atheist means someone who has left the religion. A non-Muslim/non-Christian person.

What is the word for people are Muslims/Christians etc but not fully practicing? In English, you call such folks irreligious. What the word in Turkish would be to describe such folks?

So how would you write irreligious in Turkish? Both disbelieve and Atheist means someone who has left the religion. A non-Muslim/non-Christian person.

What is the word for people are Muslims/Christians etc but not fully practicing? In English, you call such folks irreligious. What the word in Turkish would be to describe such folks?
i don't know about istanbulic dialect but in azari we really do not have that specific words. we just describe that he/she does not believe in any/specific religion. dinsiz, imansiz and massabsiz are just mild curses.:D:D

Salaam

Alcohol doesn't do you harm, ignore the religious kuffar

The cost of excessive alcohol use in the United States reached $249 billion in 2010,

https://www.cdc.gov/features/costsofdrinking/index.html

That is in the US alone.

If it was such a simple problem easily solved, it would have been solved by now given all the laws surrounding alcohol related crimes and offences that exist.

Alcohol costs the NHS (UK) nearly £3.5 billion (nearly $4.5 billion USD) in treatment costs alone. That doesn't include all the costs that are related to it but not treated in a hospital.

----

In addition to the monetary costs, it has great social costs as well.

A consumption increase of 1 liter of alcohol per capita brings about an increase in the divorce rate of about 20%.

Research:
Alcohol Consumption and Divorce Rates in the United States
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10487734/

----

So alcohol is plenty harmful and it's not just the 'religious kuffar' who oppose it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom