What's new

Turkish Forces Intercepted 18 tonnes of Bootleg Alcohol In Istanbul

I hate alcohol. But I hate it even more if political powers take shelter behind the law and impose their own worldview.

Islamic world did profit from alcohol production look it up.

Various Islamic empires had vineyards. Despite alcohol being banned the trade was allowed.

I mean alcohol isn't like cigarettes.

There are some people who drink everyday but the vast majority only have it on special occasions or on the weekend. In which case it hasn't got any negative long term effects. Smoking however is bad whether you smoke a packet a day or even once a week.

I think the tax on tobacco is good. But alcohol shouldn't be so expensive.

But I guess I'm biased. I love to drink.
All of my uncles are heavy drinkers. Alcohol is a disease that should be fought.

Weed on the other hand is much less harmful.

All of my uncles are heavy drinkers. Alcohol is a disease that should be fought.

It's a problem of management.

I drink little and enjoy it, last time was 6 months ago. The problem is some people overdo it. Weed makes people too relaxed it's also an issue.

It's a problem of management.

I drink little and enjoy it, last time was 6 months ago. The problem is some people overdo it. Weed makes people too relaxed it's also an issue.

Woah. I always thought you were a strict Muslim.

When people use alcohol to "forget" their life issues then it becomes a problem. Drinking heavily and often is a sign that someone has issues that need to be resolved. Not always but usually it's true.

If someone is drinking in order to get into a better mood then what they are doing is wrong. You should only drink if you are already in a good mood in order to further enhance your mood. And only during special events or celebrations.

No I don't practice, it does nothing to me to go to the mosque and I don't believe it makes someone a 'better' person to attend Friday sermon. There are many problems within the Muslim culture and communities, a lot of it is based around shaming one another, although that has some benefits. I see Islam is useful to prevent the westernization trend that is affecting the middle east. Though it also brings its own problems with it. Let us be fair, the majority of Muslims disregard large parts of Islam or they would not be compatible with today's societies in the world.

Arabism and Islam are harder to separate than Turkish identity and Islam. You're against the westernization in Turkey, you resort to nationalist right-wing ideologies influenced by figures such as Alparslan Turkes from what I understand. Within the Arab world we have such figures, however they are very irrelevant today, no one cares about them anymore apart from a few dying boomers. We now have religious extremists and westernized liberals, both don't appeal to me.

When people use alcohol to "forget" their life issues then it becomes a problem. Drinking heavily and often is a sign that someone has issues that need to be resolved. Not always but usually it's true.

If someone is drinking in order to get into a better mood then what they are doing is wrong. You should only drink if you are already in a good mood in order to further enhance your mood. And only during special events or celebrations.
This can be said about cocaine too. Some people simply don't get addicted to it even though they use it on a regular basis. This doesn't mean that we should legalize cocaine. And what you've said is correct for individuals but you have to take into account the general result for the society if we would have banned alcohol.

You are absolutely right for alcohol- it’s one of the worst poisons humanity ever created. Combine all drugs on the planet and you still won’t achieve the death and societal decay alcohol ever created and continues to create around the world. Of course that heroine, cocaine, meth etc are much worse but it’s the availability of alcohol and the image that is created around it (James Bond drinking a martini, a classy gentleman drinking whiskey, a tough guy having a beer with friends. Billions spent on advertising it and it’s marketing etc) that makes it much worse. Alcohol in many places is seen as something safe, not harmful in any way and even as part of culture. In the beginning it’s just for the party. Then you start drinking it on a dinner too or when you go to a restaurant. In the end many don’t even realize how they start their day with a beer etc.

ps Weed is much safer but still if used in huge quantities and by people with two working brain cells and no ambitions in life it leads to bad results. I know some absolutely pot heads who speak slow, laugh slow and just all the time think how and where to smoke a joint. All substances that bend your thinkiny process are better not to be abused.

Quantity and discipline is what makes the difference between a cure and a poison though. I see nothing bad to smoke a bit with friends or drink a glass of wine once in a while for relaxation.

No I don't practice, it does nothing to me to go to the mosque and I don't believe it makes someone a 'better' person to attend Friday sermon. There are many problems within the Muslim culture and communities, a lot of it is based around shaming one another, although that has some benefits. I see Islam is useful to prevent the westernization trend that is affecting the middle east. Though it also brings its own problems with it. Let us be fair, the majority of Muslims disregard large parts of Islam or they would not be compatible with today's societies in the world.

Arabism and Islam are harder to separate than Turkish identity and Islam. You're against the westernization in Turkey, you resort to nationalist right-wing ideologies influenced by figures such as Alparslan Turkes from what I understand. Within the Arab world we have such figures, however they are very irrelevant today, no one cares about them anymore apart from a few dying boomers. We now have religious extremists and westernized liberals, both don't appeal to me.

Very interesting.

If you get sick of religious extremists and westernized liberals then you could always join the dark side... By becoming an honorary Turk.

I have a funny story actually. One of my Friend's is half Macedonian and Half British. He is one of those "white nationalists". But he has lost hope in the western world because of liberalism. He found a photo of his grandpa and discovered that he looked like a Tatar Turk. So now he has pledged allegiance to the Turks. I'm not even making this up hahahaha.

I think if Iraq is to succeed it needs to get rid of both Iran and KRG. Remember those joint drills between Iraq and Turkey in 2017? That was awesome. I know the Arab League would hate it but the best thing for both Iraqi and Turkish security would be full cooperation between the two. Including training.

Very interesting.

If you get sick of religious extremists and westernized liberals then you could always join the dark side... By becoming an honorary Turk.

I have a funny story actually. One of my Friend's is half Macedonian and Half British. He is one of those "white nationalists". But he has lost hope in the western world because of liberalism. He found a photo of his grandpa and discovered that he looked like a Tatar Turk. So now he has pledged allegiance to the Turks. I'm not even making this up hahahaha.

I think if Iraq is to succeed it needs to get rid of both Iran and KRG. Remember those joint drills between Iraq and Turkey in 2017? That was awesome. I know the Arab League would hate it but the best thing for both Iraqi and Turkish security would be full cooperation between the two. Including training.

As you know I don't represent the views and ideologies of the majority in Iraq. Iraq's majority is now focused on religion, especially the Shi'a faith. There i'll be either labeled a western kaffir or a Saddamist Ba'athist. I feel more aligned with (pre-)Saddam era Iraq as nationalism was actually relevant back then, despite knowing that he ruined the country with his reckless ways. But I also am not stuck to the identity of Iraq, the region will eventually change again with new and different borders.

My views and personal identity being tied to Iraq, are largely non-existent in reality, they're just an ideal I have in my mind. The reality of Iraq is very different and i'm aware of that. The ideal I have of an Arab world that cooperates together is non existent. Yemenis are being massacred by fellow Arabs, and Iraq previously experienced the same by other Arabs which is the reason I ended up being born in the west.

As for Turkish identity, my maternal side is Turkmen from Kirkuk. But I have been Arabized, I don't speak the language. Having interacted with Turkmen in Iraq I see that the Sunni ones feel closer to Turkey, whilst the Shi'a Turkmen whom are the majority of Turkmen in Iraq take religon closer to heart and focus much more on Iraqi affairs.

I realize few fellow Iraqis share my views, other then Ba'athists whom have turned into Islamists and joined ISIS. My Arabization efforts have failed. The 2017 Kirkuk takeover was the last great celebration, the hostility against Kurdish nationalism is the only thing left that unifies Iraq without religion in the midst.

In the past pan turkism and islam went together so called islamist turks are even scared to utter words that praise turkish history and our race. While in the past it was different.

Pan islamist arabs promoted pan arabism because they believed in a united country with one religion, one culture and one ethbic group.

While todays islamist turks are scared to even say such things not to offend the kurds and minorities.

Pathetic if you ask me.

As you know I don't represent the views and ideologies of the majority in Iraq. Iraq's majority is now focused on religion, especially the Shi'a faith. There i'll be either labeled a western kaffir or a Saddamist Ba'athist. I feel more aligned with (pre-)Saddam era Iraq as nationalism was actually relevant back then, despite knowing that he ruined the country with his reckless ways. But I also am not stuck to the identity of Iraq, the region will eventually change again with new and different borders.

My views and personal identity being tied to Iraq, are largely non-existent in reality, they're just an ideal I have in my mind. The reality of Iraq is very different and i'm aware of that. The ideal I have of an Arab world that cooperates together is non existent. Yemenis are being massacred by fellow Arabs, and Iraq previously experienced the same by other Arabs which is the reason I ended up being born in the west.

As for Turkish identity, my maternal side is Turkmen from Kirkuk. But I have been Arabized, I don't speak the language. Having interacted with Turkmen in Iraq I see that the Sunni ones feel closer to Turkey, whilst the Shi'a Turkmen whom are the majority of Turkmen in Iraq take religon closer to heart and focus much more on Iraqi affairs.

I realize few fellow Iraqis share my views, other then Ba'athists whom have turned into Islamists and joined ISIS. My Arabization efforts have failed. The 2017 Kirkuk takeover was the last great celebration, the hostility against Kurdish nationalism is the only thing left that unifies Iraq without religion in the midst.

Holy cow man. You're part Turk. I never would've known.

Welcome to the family.

You may not understand Turkish, but your blood stretches all the way to Siberia!

In the past pan turkism and islam went together so called islamist turks are even scared to utter words that praise turkish history and our race. While in the past it was different.

Pan islamist arabs promoted pan arabism because they believed in a united country with one religion, one culture and one ethbic group.

While todays islamist turks are scared to even say such things not to offend the kurds and minorities.

Pathetic if you ask me.

It has become impossible to identify with Islam without claiming it your own and excluding other conflicting Islamic groups. Just take a look at PDF, the amount of Muslims who have their view of the religion and how it should form politics, they'll be hostile to you. From my experience, as an Iraqi Sunni originally. To be a Sunni I have to hate the Shias and wish to massacre them, or I won't be accepted by 'fellow Muslims'.

The whole point here is the importance of something that unifies the people, in this case it being Islam is not working so well at all. The western man hearing this often takes it as an opportunity to bash Islam and promote either Christianity or their liberal way. This is when I resorted to the Islamic side, however it only works in certain situations. Such as when opposing the west, it can serve as a unifying tool, within our communities it causes major issues and civil wars.

The political pan-Arabist era is over for now. The only relevant Arab states today are in the GCC and Egypt whom have all switched to a capitalistic view disregarding pan-Arabism as they are not aiding Iraq/Syria/Libya in any meaningful way, which they helped destroy to start with.

When a few years ago Erdogan called for 'updating Islam' it was seen as a major insult by many conservative Muslims as the basis of Islam is that it's initial rules will be applicable for eternity. Islam is causing us damage nowadays, that statement is also taboo to say as it is seen as an insult to Allah. Unfortunately few seem to realize this and see the importance of greater unity. The average person from the middle east that disagrees with Islam usually turns into a western monkey, starts bashing Islam and praises the west.

It's hard to word the problems. However I understand very well why many in this sub-forum don't strongly identify with Islam, neither do I.

I mean alcohol isn't like cigarettes

Alcohol is a really bad hardcore drug..

My opinion about other drugs like cannabis, extasy or lsd is that they are far less dangerous than alcohol in turkey they unfairly deal very hard with ppl who use or sell cannabis or the drugs I mentioned

Alcohol is a really really worse drug and I hate ppl acting like it is nothing and other drugs are dirty.. Or even combining it with characteristics for sex eating drinking or other just good consume for educated good mannered ppl wich they not are..

I would rather meet 50 cannabis bud heads in the dark than 20 alcohol drunk yards..

If you allow alcohol it's idiotic not to allow the other drugs I mentioned

To be a Sunni I have to hate the Shias and wish to massacre them, or I won't be accepted by 'fellow Muslims

whats that iraqi culture? in turkey we dont have that feeling..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom