What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Deino, the folks here dont take u serious and are fed up and annoyed by ur every now and then rampages, no one will engage u because of ur behaviour.

Cirit missile, Anka UAV, Milgem, Milden, Atak, Altay, TF-X...all have foreign engines. Blame Burak Bekdil as much as you can, it doesn’t change the facts.

You need synergy of Universities, R&D institutes, free Economy and Politics and maybe a huge sponsor to solve the problems.
For naval platforms, most of incoming vessels(İ-Class, TF-2000, FAC, Auxillary classes, TCG Ufuk, FAC) will have foreigner engines / propulsion systems and this does not affect these projects as bekdil claims. The only project got delayed because of the engine is Altay MBT.
The point is, bekdil is one of the worst references for criticism on Turkish defence industry. He is nothing further than a news reporter with limited knowledge on defence industry, he is someone who goes through some websites and spills something out without filtering.
And he publishes it as if something new, as if Turkey has no issues regarding to engine technology and as if this hasn't been talked before in last 5 years.

It's really almost funny how much fear and hate a simple question can cause, so that attacking the one who asked is the easier option than to reasonable explain!

But You are correct ... I'll promise to stop posting any comments here in the section
May you have the fun on your own.

Neither do I fear nor hate - you've just become annoying, there was a time when we took you seriously - the fact that you didn't critically analyse a shitty article, is your fault.

Now don't be like that, you're welcome to post whatever you want.

images-5-4-1280x720.jpg

For naval platforms, most of incoming vessels(İ-Class, TF-2000, FAC, Auxillary classes, TCG Ufuk, FAC) will have foreigner engines / propulsion systems and this does not affect these projects as bekdil claims. The only project got delayed because of the engine is Altay MBT.
The point is, bekdil is one of the worst references for criticism on Turkish defence industry. He is nothing further than a news reporter with limited knowledge on defence industry, he is someone who goes through some websites and spills something out without filtering.
And he publishes it as if something new, as if Turkey has no issues regarding to engine technology and as if this hasn't been talked before in last 5 years.

Edit.

Last edited:
You are asking questions nobody can answer we don't know more than the news our members share here.
Always a big blabla but every of your blabla's end with "anyway, let's wait". How about just waiting until we share informations?

And you really need guts to post an article of Burak Ege Bokdil.

You are being overly critical and digging hard to find negative things about the Turkish defence industry. Turkey has made undertaken great efforts in engine development and the next half a decade will show the fruits of it.

The lastest produced Anka UAVs utilises the domestic PD 170 engines, for your information.

Maybe you should apply this critical methodology to your country's own armed forces. Your Navy, Air Force and Land Forces are in a catastrophic state.

Because China is a rogue state, and they can't export those products to the west or allies of the west. Turkey is an integrated part of the free world, and thus, follows the conventions and play rules of the free world. In addition, Turkey has a clear interest in exporting to the west and allies of the west, as such, the product has to be original.

Also, copying doesn't solve everything. China has tried to copy Russian jet engines for decades, but still fails to produce reliable copies.

Maybe you should know one or two things about us. You should read carefully.
We are maybe the most critical people on this planet. And nobody is more critical to us, then we selves. The reason behind that is, that we are thinking that contentment means stoppage, in a world which is permanently in a move. And our competitors doesnt sleep, of course. In this conext, criticism means a drive (matching with the thread).

We are maybe the most critical people on this planet. And nobody is more critical to us, then we selves. The reason behind that is, that we are thinking that contentment means stoppage, in a world which is permanently in a move. And our competitors doesnt sleep, of course. In this conext, criticism means a drive (matching with the thread).
There is constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

I have never seen you post anything critical of Germany in the forum despite the bundeswehr being in a shitty state.

Up to present, It was a state of art but When Turkey matured in this field, Turboshaft tech suddenly became a simple one ? That must be the same"Simple" turboshaft that China is struggling to develop ? or forming a cooperation with French Safran to develop a competitive one ? This "simple" turboshaft is the reason you lost the Pakistani tender against T-129 Atak. You should better stop drailling thread with your biassed logic while behaving like a curious foreigner who is chasing for some "facts" which suits to your agenda.
still you guys use wrong terminology, your turbo shaft engine without it's free running turbine stage would weight less than 150 kg. it's hard to believe a 150 kg engine can produce 85 kn thrust. the best way to say is "with the material and knowledge gained from turbo shaft project"...

I have never seen you post anything critical of Germany in the forum despite the bundeswehr being in a shitty state.

Have you seens ANYTHING about Germany. Guys, the problem is, you do not ask the right question. Example, you want to know my point of view about turkish industry, pros and conts, ask me.

There is constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

Absolutely right. And now, try to find out which one he means.

still you guys use wrong terminology, your turbo shaft engine without it's free running turbine stage would weight less than 150 kg. it's hard to believe a 150 kg engine can produce 85 kn thrust. the best way to say is "with the material and knowledge gained from turbo shaft project"...

I couldn’t understand. Where did you find 150kg weight figure? Who said TS-1400 core will produce 85kN thrust?

I couldn’t understand. Where did you find 150kg weight figure? Who said TS-1400 core will produce 85kN thrust?
the similar engine in the atak helicopter produces similar output horsepower, also more heavy engines are there that weight less than 300 kg...
in the ME section you wrote that with the engine core of new turboshaft, Turkey will develop a Turbofan with 85 kn output thrust.

Back
Top Bottom