What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

6XvZn0.jpg

BMC is starting to design the power group (transmission + engine + cooling group) development project for 40-ton, 600 kW new generation light armored vehicles (YNHZA).

6XvZn0.jpg

BMC is starting to design the power group (transmission + engine + cooling group) development project for 40-ton, 600 kW new generation light armored vehicles (YNHZA).

Light armoured vehicle with 40 tons? I wonder what is a heavy one in his mind?

6XvZn0.jpg

Why does it say for Altay?

• KRISTAL Project - Development of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies For Nickel-Based Superalloy Turbine Blades
  • ORS Project - Development of Titantnium And Nickel Based Superalloy Forging Technologies
  • YAKUT Project - Modeling And Process Development Of Direct Metal Laser Sinterinng Process For Aero-Engine Apllications
Video also notes the new test facility would be able to handle Turboshaft engines rated to 2000SHP.

Last edited:
TÜMOSAN Xena Project x6.1 Model Montage Animation

turkish does not have X I dont know why they use greek names in some turkish projects..? maybe 100% turkish is too much so they give it a non turkish name?

but if you ask me we culd introduce the X in turkish like box = bok or yox = yok, or yaxalamax = yakalamak.. itwould suit to inner anatolia language..

ps dont ask me why I choosed the above words as an excampl for tümosans naming

maybe they watched to much this series in the 90ties https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Returnofcallisto_02.jpg

Gani Can Öz
Powerpack Engine Systems Group Leader

We had a tour in new building of BMC POWER in Kurtköy (Teknopark Istanbul) with our board member Osman Dur, director Mehmet Demiroglu and rest of the team.

lWGLpJ.jpg

@Combat-Master

Bro, Domestic projects of TEI side by side and Take a look at turbofan engine mock-up whose core section design is shared a while ago...

View attachment 420414
What are they going to use the engine in this mockup for (not sure if the mock-up is on scale or not)? Akinci uav? SOM missile?

The turboprop engine next to it is TP-38 for target drone's I think.
They are also developing PD-170 for Anka, but that leaves Bayraktar. Isn't there a local engine development for Bayraktar? Or is the TP-38 powerfull enough for Bayraktar as well?

Last edited:
Looks very amateurish and cheaply done. Like all technology Turks "invent" themselfs. Science will always be the achille's heal of the turks.

Looks very amateurish and cheaply done. Like all technology Turks "invent" themselfs. Science will always be the achille's heal of the turks.
Hi, I ll be honest with you, I just break in my 2 gen new 426 Hemi at very famous hot rod Dyno shop, they run the engine and get specks same way, cables you see temperarly, just for alternator, distributor, etc. when you running a Dyno for any engine, it's done just like that, no other way. Temporary gauge, temperary headers, etc. if you know any other way to break in an engine and get specs please link it. So you can educate us.

Dude can't even tell what is engine dyno stand,lol.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom