What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

SOM engine is ahead of schedule 8-)

SOM’un Motoru Takvimin Önüne Geçti

SOM engine is ahead of schedule

Turkish Stand Off Missile (SOM) engine is indigenously developed at Kale Arge. The group has recently demonstrated to a delegation that engine may work for 10 minutes. Delegation was consisted of members of Turkish Air Forces, Undersecretariat for Defence Industries, TUBITAK SAGE and Roketsan. This development has put Kale Arge 7 months ahead of schedule. SOM engine is expected to be in qualification tests in 7 months. The company will expect to get an opportunity to develop SOM-J engine.

kalearge motor-530x460.jpg

Doing a patent search I came across that recent patent of the Turkish inventor Hasan Basri Özdamar. He developed an improved Otto cycle engine wich is a piston engine. And now he is getting additiomal patents which I take as an indicator that he has hopes of utilising the patents.

Mate that primitive one cylinder engine has no applications in the defence industry.

3.jpg

Its says that an indigenous diesel engine for trucks and buses will be ready in 2015 for serial production. Has anyone heard anything about this lately?

Old news from 2013

Yerli kamyon motoru için geri sayım başladı - Haberler - Güncel|Teknokulis | Teknolojinin Kısayolu
Konya-TÜMOSAN Traktör Fabrikası
Yerli araca ilk adım - yenisafak.com.tr
Yerli araca ilk adım - Memurlar.Net

I mailed Tümosan on this issue though these kind of firms seldom replies....

Nope, mate.

You posted a pdf. 7 Universities were combining their resources... I said "Kul, are you aware that this is a very important development" ... remember ?

hmm... I don't remember... :D

Let me search it...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom