What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
i came up with the figures (Facts actually) between 2007-2013, you come up with 'lies,flaws, global crisis'' etc. arguments instead of refuting me with some figures.

This just draws the line between you and me; unlike you, i consider the Country first and then think the government or other things; i am idealistic, so you do not expect me to praise the government; i am not an AKP follower, so i let people like you praise the government.

it is really sad that some people try to praise the government instead of trying to seek for the best for the country.

here is the link for the last part that you call lie:

http://www.umutoran.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/10NCU-KALKINMA-PLANI_UMUT-ORAN.pdf

... please read and then talk honestly.

i came up with the figures (Facts actually) between 2007-2013, you come up with 'lies,flaws, global crisis'' etc. arguments instead of refuting me with some figures.

This just draws the line between you and me; unlike you, i consider the Country first and then think the government or other things; i am idealistic, so you do not expect me to praise the government; i am not an AKP follower, so i let people like you praise the government.

it is really sad that some people try to praise the government instead of trying to seek for the best for the country.

Trololol you made my day :)

İ actually tried to explain to you how it comes that the 5 years plan was not achieved fully. İ gave you two reasons for this.
The first one being, government plans for the future never gets achieved fully.
Second being, the global crisis made every countries 5 years plan basically go to the garbage can.

Now you come up with the excuse that İ did not "refute" you( your favourite word known from my other experiences with you).
Apart from that İ'm not just looking for failurs but also achievements of the government. Smething you should also start trying to get rid of this biased attitude of you.

Mate just don't response to me. You're delivering the same smucked attitude on each response without any respect.

Let's get back to this, your source states this : •Türkiye, 2000 yılında kişi başına milli gelirde 62’ci ülkeydi, 2012’de 63’üncülüğe düştü. which is a lie.
Why are you putting sources which has lies in it? İ feel like you should apologize to every other forum member for posting lies here.. Disgracefull!!! A true country comes first mentality:) (based on lies). Shame on you!!!

Trololol you made my day :)

İ actually tried to explain to you how it comes that the 5 years plan was not achieved fully. İ gave you two reasons for this.
The first one being, government plans for the future never gets achieved fully.
Second being, the global crisis made every countries 5 years plan basically go to the garbage can.

Now you come up with the excuse that İ did not "refute" you( your favourite word known from my other experiences with you).
Apart from that İ'm not just looking for failurs but also achievements of the government. Smething you should also start trying to get rid of this biased attitude of you.

Mate just don't response to me. You're delivering the same smucked attitude on each response without any respect.

Let's get back to this, your source states this : •Türkiye, 2000 yılında kişi başına milli gelirde 62’ci ülkeydi, 2012’de 63’üncülüğe düştü. which is a lie.
Why are you putting sources which has lies in it? İ feel like you should apologize to every other forum member for posting lies here.. Disgracefull!!! A true country comes first mentality:) (based on lies). Shame on you!!!

i leave it to the readers whom to take serious and trust.

-----o------
@olcayto ... calm down, humiliation is not somthing people can avoid; it is reflection of people's intellectuality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chill out guys...

I think everybody can agree the current economy is not bad as 90's but the plan to enter worlds Top 10 economies is absolutely bullshit.

Chill out guys...

I think everybody can agree the current economy is not bad as 90's but the plan to enter worlds Top 10 economies is absolutely bullshit.

You're absolutely right, İ should not get too excited.
Islamic faith&secularism kardeş Biraz kaptırdım kendimi, af ola. Boşuna da gönlünü kırdım, kusura bakma. (ne biçim ismin var, mention yapamıyorum :) )

Chill out guys...

You are right, but it is not the point at this point, if we will look at the future.

i claim that The current government cannot achieve to put The turkish economy in the top 10, for she cannot even make calculations right in the 5-year development plans, how come they can manage that.

-----o------

@olcayto ... neden kırılayım, kendimizce daha iyisini bulmak için tartışıyoruz... ama ülke için. Saygılar.

Last edited by a moderator:
i claim that The current government cannot achieve to put The turkish economy in the top 10, for she cannot even make calculations right in the 5-year development plans, how come they can manage that.

Mate, lets put aside all the numbers, graphs, etc. aside.

Do you remember, how previous governments only laid foundation of the buildings and left them like that. (Birçok binanın havaalanı,hastane, Organize Sanayi Bölgesi, sadece temelli atılıp, açılış yapılıp, öylece bırakılırdı.)

Now i bet that the Number of the Hospitals built in Turkey in the last 5 years, exceeds all the Hospitals built in EU in the last 5 years.

I mean just look at this.YMT Mühendislik Mü?avirlik San. ve Tic. Limited ?irketi This is where i work. We designed over 50 hospitals. And we are only a sand in the beach.

Hospitals, Airports, Roads, Stadiums, the number of the buildings had been built is simply amazing. And it is not in Building sector, it is also in Factories, Energy Structres like dams, power plants, etc.

And only we have built over 10 technology institutes in universities. At the past Forget funding these instutes, they could barely maintain it selves.

Of course we shouldn't satisfy ourselves with these achivements and work even harder for the future of our country.

Technoparks in Turkey have come a long way in the last decade, from only two in 2003 to 36 active technoparks today with 16 soon to be launched. There will be at least a hundred active technoparks in Turkey by 2023.

Turkey

I'm hoping for a more industrialized and tech products in the future.

Mate, lets put aside all the numbers, graphs, etc. aside.

Do you remember, how previous governments only laid foundation of the buildings and left them like that. (Birçok binanın havaalanı,hastane, Organize Sanayi Bölgesi, sadece temelli atılıp, açılış yapılıp, öylece bırakılırdı.)

Now i bet that the Number of the Hospitals built in Turkey in the last 5 years, exceeds all the Hospitals built in EU in the last 5 years.

I mean just look at this.YMT Mühendislik Mü?avirlik San. ve Tic. Limited ?irketi This is where i work. We designed over 50 hospitals. And we are only a sand in the beach.

Hospitals, Airports, Roads, Stadiums, the number of the buildings had been built is simply amazing. And it is not in Building sector, it is also in Factories, Energy Structres like dams, power plants, etc.

And only we have built over 10 technology institutes in universities. At the past Forget funding these instutes, they could barely maintain it selves.

Of course we shouldn't satisfy ourselves with these achivements and work even harder for the future of our country.

Technoparks in Turkey have come a long way in the last decade, from only two in 2003 to 36 active technoparks today with 16 soon to be launched. There will be at least a hundred active technoparks in Turkey by 2023.

Turkey

I'm hoping for a more industrialized and tech products in the future.

if you think it is the key to build schools, hospitals etc. to secure the future of the country, then check out the article in order to see that it is nothing if the human source is of narrow minded people:

The year is 2013, other nations send spaceships to the space, but our scholars talk about,Islamic bicycle:

www.economist.com/node/21562945‎

if you think it is the key to build schools, hospitals etc. to secure the future of the country, then check out the article in order to see that it is nothing if the human source is of narrow minded people:

The year is 2013, other nations send spaceships to the space, but our scholars talk about,Islamic bicycle:

www.economist.com/node/21562945‎

Mate, they finished the moon and send spaceship to Mars. :D

I was talking about the indicators of our Economy. If you want my opinion for the future.

-We should decrease our Energy dependence. Currently we are using to much Natural Gas for our Electricity Plants.

-We should fasten the search for Natural Gas in Mediterranean and Black sea and also exploit our shale reserves.

- We should start to build Engines and if it can be done cars and machine tools like CNC's (Takım Tezgahı)

And sadly those type of fuckers will always exist in the future. Just don't stuck with their BS statements. There also great minds working in our country.

SOCAR Turkey Enerji: Azerbaijan is biggest investor in Turkey

2 October 2013

Azerbaijan is the biggest investor in Turkey, head of SOCAR Turkey Enerji, board member of Petkim Petrochemical Holding Kenan Yavuz told Trend today.

According to him, it is known that TANAP project is one of the strategic decisions of Turkey and Azerbaijan.

"TANAP makes it possible to transport Azerbaijani gas to Europe and this project is particularly important," he added.

According to Yavuz, the amount of investments to be made by the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) in the projects which are being implemented in Turkey (along with the Trans-Anatolian gas pipeline project) will hit $ 17 billion.

"At the moment, Turkey has no investment worth $ 17 billion abroad," he said.

The TANAP project envisages gas transportation from Azerbaijani Shah Deniz field to Europe through Turkey. The initial capacity of the pipeline is expected to reach 16 billion cubic meters per year. About six billion cubic meters of gas will be supplied to Turkey and the rest to Europe.

2 October 2013

Chill out guys...

The top 10 thing, the main point is that there is a certain goal in mind. Achieving it is the secondary goal (eventhough you treat it as the primary goal and do everything possible to achieve it). The point is that Turkey has such an ambitious aspiration and I, for one, am glad they have set an ambitious goal like that. I believe you got to set ambitious goals to yourself in order to get somewhere/improve yourself. If you think you are not going to achieve a certian goal, then you have allready failed.

Personally I think the top 10 goal is ambitious but not un-achievable. Turkey has had economic growth in the recent years and it had to invest alot of it's budget into infrastructure (roads, hospital's etc), and basics in various sector's (for instance military industry, it started with armored cars and are moving on to the more sophisticated products like radars, jet's etc). Once they are done with these basics, Turkey will have more of it's budget available for the more technologically heavy and sophisticated products and R&D projects.

Turkey is still working on laying the foundation at some sector's. For instance, it recently opened a VLSI lab at ITU university in Istanbul (to design their own chip's etc). Once they are done with these types of foundation works, they can move on to the more ambitious projects and start taking the next leap into becoming a top 10 country.

These types of steps are to build the country's 'know how' and to reduce the 'current account deficit' by developing many products domestically. Domestic production not only reduces a country's dependancy on other country's, but it can potentially export those products. These would have a direct impact on the 'current account balance', which currently is Turkey's weak point. No matter if Turkey achieves becoming a top 10 country, it will most definately improve into that direction (unless it decides to abandon this ambition alltogether).

Shell to drill for shale gas in southeastern Turkey

Milliyet – Royal Dutch Shell and Turkey’s state-owned oil company the Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO) will jointly begin to explore for shale gas in Turkey’s southeastern province of Diyarbakir this month.

The first two wells to be drilled in Konacik will have a depth of 3,000 meters and will be followed by horizontal drilling to reach shale reserves thought to be in the area. Shell plans to open over 20 wells if initial drills are found to be successful.
Shell and TPAO signed a deal in late 2011 to jointly explore and produce oil and gas in Batman and Diyarbakır provinces in southeastern Turkey.

Looking to reduce its dependency on imported fuels, Turkey has accelerated energy exploration and production efforts in recent years. The country is thought to have substantial reserves of shale gas in Thrace, in the Central Anatolian provinces of Ankara, Konya, Nevsehir, as well as in Erzurum in Eastern Anatolia and Diyarbakir in the Southeastern Anatolia regions.

Turkey’s auto exports soar in September

Zaman - Turkey exported 31 percent more motor vehicles and parts in September compared to a year earlier, bringing in USD 2 billion of revenue, the highest ever in the last 60 months, according to figures released by the Uludag Automotive Industry Exporters Union (OIB).

Revitalized by the upturn in demand in Europe, Turkey’s largest export market, the country’s automotive industry exported USD 15.7 billion of automotive products in the last 9 months, an increase of 12 percent over the same period of 2012, signalling an upward revision in the annual export forecast of USD 20 billion.

The sixth largest auto manufacturer and the top maker of light commercial vehicles in Europe, Turkey’s auto industry rolled out 1.1 million motor vehicles in 2012 under well-known brands including Toyota, Ford, Renault, Fiat, Honda, and Hyundai.

Many of the carmakers in Turkey have been adding new models and increasing their factory capacities in Turkey for the last few years.

I think next few decades will show us where will go. In 90s we were fall in a financial crise as like rest of the world todan. But it was sucess Story because we fall in alone :) and it was easier to recover from today because only we had trouble in world.

Before last resession in Europe almost we are exporting more then 50 percent. Now dropped to 30 percent but Export growth in totally if Europe stands we will fly.

But next few decades really important. If we want to change leaque we need to produce more tecnologic goods. For example Euro value increases but Germany exports increasing because of their technological products. I gave Germany as example if we compare two countries both of them lack of natural resources and populations almost same. I dont say we will be Germany in a few decades we are begining journey bet but i think it is an good example

Nearly a hundred people gathered in front of the court building in the city of Strasbourg, France. Mücella Yapıcı, from Taksim Solidarity Platform, held a press release on behalf of the group. Mücella Yapıcı defended that the construction was illegal in Taksim Park starting at 27 May 2013, its historical and natural values of the park and the trees had been destroyed. In front of the court, Mücella Yapıcı criticized the police intervention to those who want to stop constructive acts. According to her says, the protests spread to the whole country and became the symbolic manner of our believe, and so transformed into a social awareness. I totally agree with Yapıcı. I think that this action related to apply the European Court is so late. It is not necessary to litigate now; I suppose that this must be too early. Even, we could not wait to damaged to someone or death of someone. On the day of protest, public was exposed to violence and incurred huge losses. Any action by police was not legal and so many people faced with a violence to just protect the rights of protest. This protest, from the beginning, proceeded incorrectly and gave rise to very serious consequences for all the Turkish nation. However, even if it is late, we have to start from somewhere to be able to spread our voices to the all world clearly and to remind the events always. Thus, European Court of Human Rights is the right way to start to spread our voices again for Turkey. Turkey survived a major event and many people got hurt. Experiences during protest were not easy for anyone. We will never forget these days. We will continue to protect our rights, for ourselves and our children. I hope that European Court of Human Rights will be helpful in our decisive steps.

FNOTW: A right step to spread our voice

Nearly a hundred people gathered in front of the court building in the city of Strasbourg, France. Mücella Yapıcı, from Taksim Solidarity Platform, held a press release on behalf of the group. Mücella Yapıcı defended that the construction was illegal in Taksim Park starting at 27 May 2013, its historical and natural values of the park and the trees had been destroyed. In front of the court, Mücella Yapıcı criticized the police intervention to those who want to stop constructive acts. According to her says, the protests spread to the whole country and became the symbolic manner of our believe, and so transformed into a social awareness. I totally agree with Yapıcı. I think that this action related to apply the European Court is so late. It is not necessary to litigate now; I suppose that this must be too early. Even, we could not wait to damaged to someone or death of someone. On the day of protest, public was exposed to violence and incurred huge losses. Any action by police was not legal and so many people faced with a violence to just protect the rights of protest. This protest, from the beginning, proceeded incorrectly and gave rise to very serious consequences for all the Turkish nation. However, even if it is late, we have to start from somewhere to be able to spread our voices to the all world clearly and to remind the events always. Thus, European Court of Human Rights is the right way to start to spread our voices again for Turkey. Turkey survived a major event and many people got hurt. Experiences during protest were not easy for anyone. We will never forget these days. We will continue to protect our rights, for ourselves and our children. I hope that European Court of Human Rights will be helpful in our decisive steps.

LOL, the public was exposed to violence? The officers that used excessive force got arrested and/or their rank stripped off. That's a good thing. Sure, the government might have done something that dissapointed some people, but the problem in Turkey is that every event is seen as a chance for the opposite parties and some violent terrorist groups (like dhkp-c or the urban wing of the pkk/bdp) to take advantage. If you walk towards the police with molotovs, stones and sticks, you should not expect flowers in return. Europeans are at it again, they made the situation look huge and as if the whole nation was involved, but it was just a very small fraction of the whole nation. On the other hand there are many videos showing police brutality in Europe. The Turkish police handled the situation well and only a few people died. Look at riots in Egypt or other countries, then you can see what happens if you set the police completely loose. Turkey this, Turkey that, fact is Turkey handled the situation well, Europeans could learn a few things from Turkey too, nothing to be ashamed of that. The consequences for Turkey are grave indeed, we can now, yet again, see how hypocrite the western countries, not to be trusted. Suppress their own 'occupy xxxxx', but make an elephant of a mice when it comes to Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom