What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
Transatlantic alliance to cost Turkey ‘$20 billion’

Turkey’s exclusion from the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) of the US and the EU would cause 2.5 percent of its national income to melt, a recently published study shows

A transatlantic free deal trade currently being negotiated between the European Union and the United States could cause the Turkish economy to lose $20 billion if Turkey is left out of a final agreement, an analysis prepared by the Brookings Institute and TÜSİAD has shown.

The EU and the U.S. kicked off the talks to initiate a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) in July.

Since the potential partnership would force Turkey to open up its market to export goods from the U.S without being granted reciprocal preferential access for Turkish goods, the Turkish government and business leaders have been advocating that Ankara be included as well.

Turkey, which will be one of the main losers in the U.S.-EU trade alliance, should engage in a parallel deal with the U.S., Kemal Kirişçi, the author of the study, said in research published by the U.S. Brookings Institute and the Turkish Industry and Business Association (TÜSİAD).

The research demonstrates that Turkey’s potential income loss would be 2.5 percent, which would amount roughly to a $20 billion loss based on Turkey’s GDP last year.

“One immediate consequence that would be expected is that the current $8.5 billion deficit that Turkey had in its trade with the U.S. in 2012 would most probably grow,” the study said.

This is because of the Customs Union agreement’s terms between Turkey and the EU. According to the union deal, the goods of any third party that the EU has a free trade deal with can enter Turkey with zero duties, but the decision to provide the same privileges to Turkey is up to the third party.

Other free trade deals

The report also points at other ambitious free trade talks that the U.S. has been involved in since the deals would deal a blow to Turkish goods’ further competitiveness in the American market. Besides the TTIP, the U.S. is also negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) with 11 East Asian and Pacific countries.

“This is highly likely to happen because the top export items from Turkey to the U.S. [vehicles, machinery, iron and steel products and cement] overlap to a large extent with the major exports items of the EU as well as South Korea and some Asia-Pacific countries,” Kirişçi said.

The exclusion of Turkey in the TTIP mechanism would cause a significant trade diversion in Turkey’s trade alliance with the EU, its top export market with whom it runs a $28 billion trade deficit, to the disadvantage of the former, the study indicated.

“There is a clear recognition that Turkish companies would be seriously disadvantaged by the competition from the U.S. and other third-party companies benefiting from preferential access to the EU,” it said

ECONOMICS - Transatlantic alliance to cost Turkey

Great News Heralds Strong 3rd Quarter

2nd Quarter Growth 4.4% Back to Tiger Mode

Our economy most important element in defence industry growth and things getting better there to ensure 2023 targets.

(Reuters) - The Turkish economy will expand just less than 4 percent this year but growth will not be below 3.5 percent, Economy Minister Zafer Caglayan said on Tuesday in an interview on the CNBC-e television channel.

He was speaking after data showed gross domestic product (GDP) growth of 4.4 percent year-on-year in the second quarter, exceeding a Reuters poll forecast of 3.5 percent. (Reporting by Seda Sezer; Writing by Daren Butler)

Turkish minister sees 2013 growth just below 4 pct - TV | Reuters

Turkish economy 14th strongest economy in the world and getting stronger, in 10 years Turkey will be the economic powerhouse of the world.

Hahaha I think he watches samanyolu 24/7 if they say Turkey invaded mars he will believe it.

itis a hard target till 2023 but nothing is impossibe..

Funny thing is they say we will enter top 10 until 2023 but they dont say that Turkey is 17th since the 80s.

No..Turkey wasnt 17 th. economi...in early 80s Turkey was one of the weakest and tiny economi even in ME..
dont look at just the ranks ...look at the gaps of figures between Turkey and top 17 economies...in all fields of economic and welfare the gaps between Turkey and West countries is gradually lessing every year..
Who could imagined air ambbulances of Health ministry will operate in villages 10 years ago ??

Really really reaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy, weak.

İ highly suggest you do some research on this issue.

Look olcayto i used my super duper paint skills only for you. :lol:

2lxjy15.png

We jumped 3 places in 30 years, do you really think that we will jump 7 places in 10 years?
Our economy is growing but others too so its not that easy to be 10th lagest economy in the world.

Look olcayto i used my super duper paint skills only for you. :lol:

2lxjy15.png

We jumped 3 places in 30 years, do you really think that we will jump 7 places in 10 years?
Our economy is growing but others too so its not that easy to be 10th lagest economy in the world.

Mate this was your statement.

Funny thing is they say we will enter top 10 until 2023 but they dont say that Turkey is 17th since the 80s.

Basically by providing that source you all ready refuted yourself.
Mate, Turkey is not 17th since the eighties. That's just a simple lie. İn the year 2001 Turkey was 22 th. The same source you put down clearly states this. The countries that were ahead of Turkey were Argentina, belgium , switzerland, sweden and the Netherlands.

Our economy didn't jump 3 places in the last 30 years. Our economy did jump 5 places in the last 10 years.
Who the heck was talking about being 10th greatest economy?

İ'll say it again.

Since 2002 we managed to surpass 5 nations in terms of GDP.

P.s instead of using wiki with imf estimates. İ suggest you make use of world data bank.

Mate this was your statement.

Basically by providing that source you all ready refuted yourself.
Mate, Turkey is not 17th since the eighties. That's just a simple lie. İn the year 2001 Turkey was 22 th. The same source you put down clearly states this. The countries that were ahead of Turkey were Argentina, belgium , switzerland, sweden and the Netherlands.

Our economy didn't jump 3 places in the last 30 years. Our economy did jump 5 places in the last 10 years.
Who the heck was talking about being 10th greatest economy?

İ'll say it again.

Since 2002 we managed to surpass 5 nations in terms of GDP.

P.s instead of using wiki with imf estimates. İ suggest you make use of world data bank.

We was talking about goverments goal to enter top ten or not?
No further discussion need if im a liar.

We was talking about goverments goal to enter top ten or not?
No further discussion need if im a liar.

No we were not. I looked at the person you quoted, I looked at the person he quoted. No where states something about being in the top 10, which I didn't respond to either. So I don't understand where this top 10 comes from.

All I simply stated was that your statement that turkey had a economy at the rank of 17 since the eighties was baseless and not true. Plus I added that the economy was at 22nd rank in 2001.

Now I had no intention of calling you a liar. If it came over to you like that, I hereby apologize.

But I want an answer for this.
Is Turkey's economy since the eighties on rank 17 ? Has the economy jumped 5 ranks up since the year 2002 .

Comes from Erdogan

Source

I know the vision to be the top ten economy in the year of 2023, but it was not a subject in this discussion.
The subject in this discussion is this.

The current government should not brag about turkey being the seventeenth economy in the world, since turkey was always on the seventeenth place since the eighties.

Well sinan while you're at it. Is the statement above true or false.

Back
Top Bottom