What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
Turkey to boycott US electronic products, President Erdoğan says

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Aug. 14. that Turkey would boycott electronic products from the United States which has imposed sanctions and raised tariffs against Ankara in a dispute about the detention of a U.S. pastor.

"Turkey has one of the most solid banking systems in the world in all respects," Erdoğan said during a symposium in Ankara to mark the 16th anniversary of the ruling Justice and Development Party's (AKP) foundation.

Slamming the U.S. sanctions on Turkey over the arrest of Pastor Andrew Brunson, Turkish President said Ankara faces an "economic attack."

"We can do two things; one in economy, the other in politics. We have taken measures that economy needs and we will keep doing it ... What is more important, I think, is keeping our political stance strong," he added.

About the boycott, Erdoğan said: "We will boycott America's electronic products. If they have the iPhone, there is also Samsung on the other side. We also have our own Venus Vestel. We will adopt these measures."

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...ronics-products-president-erdogan-says-135774

I am no economist but a poor farmer who advises on economy and mostly my forecasts are on spot but there is always a chance of going them wrong.

Here is my advice on Turkish lira. It is going to climb back up. Yes it is every one is saying that it will come down so how it will go back up? The lira is almost finished in Over sea markets and tourists are pouring into Turkey due to cheap lira in 2 days international markets will start buying and lira will start to go up.

Advice buy or cry. Lira going up soon.

Current Lira price is
6.75 lira = 1USD
And Lira is going to go up

I have visited Istanbul every year for 4 years

I can say I can’t wait to come back my package is basically less than 1/2 against british pound sorry I’m being so selfish

As a Muslim from Pakistani origin I just want to say I support Erdogan and Turkey 1000% and I hope we are behind you even if you go through the Mediterranean by walk

US uses various soft and hard ways to control other country’s Turkey is standing strong like a mountain US needs to understand

In the end victory is for the strong

most likely cuz gold is much slower than currency, i am pretty much convience that lira will resist. plus its a help too.
I have good economic reasons for my advice I am not stating it due to love for Turkey but there are actual economic factors that are going to push Lira to 6.1 against dollar in a day.

Last edited:
2 hours ago it was 6.54 TL for 1 USD...
I am talking about open market and gave the price at which I just bought.

2 hours ago it was 6.54 TL for 1 USD...

At this very moment Lira is 6.48 TL for 1 USD and it is gaining. I will make some good money today.

I had 2200 USD stashed up for emergency cash just got them converted to lira this morning and price given to me was 6.73 TL for 1 USD.

I am no economist but a poor farmer who advises on economy and mostly my forecasts are on spot but there is always a chance of going them wrong.

Here is my advice on Turkish lira. It is going to climb back up. Yes it is every one is saying that it will come down so how it will go back up? The lira is almost finished in Over sea markets and tourists are pouring into Turkey due to cheap lira in 2 days international markets will start buying and lira will start to go up.

Advice buy or cry. Lira going up soon.

I have bought Lira at ~8 in huge number. Let’s wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom