What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

"UKRAINE AND TURKEY HAVE AGREED ON JOINT PRODUCTION OF AIRCRAFT

Ukraine%20and%20Turkey%20have%20agreed%20on%20joint%20production%20of%20aircraft.jpg

Kyiv and Ankara have agreed on the joint production of the aircraft on the basis of the Ukrainian concern “Antonov”. About it RIA Novosti reported in the press service of Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Gennady Zubko on Friday, may 13.

“In particular, the development and production of a passenger plane TAN-158 on the basis of An-158 aircraft; transport aircraft for the Turkish side on the base aircraft An-178; aircraft for the Turkish side on the basis of plane An-70” — quoted Zubko press service. The decision was taken in the framework of the tenth session of the intergovernmental Ukrainian-Turkish Commission on trade-economic cooperation.

7 may 2015 in Ukraine first took to the air prototype military transport aircraft An-178. The plane created on the basis of An-158 and is designed to replace the An-12. According to the developers, it is able to carry up to 18 tonnes of cargo a distance of over thousand miles and 10 tons at a distance of about 4 thousand kilometers.

The Ukrainian concern “Antonov” was created in 2005: it is an Association existing since 1989, the same state-owned enterprises with the production cooperation of the Kyiv Antonov design Bureau. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the concern has focused on several projects, including passenger and cargo-passenger aircraft an-140, an-148 and An-158, as well as military-transport aircraft an-70. This is one of the few companies implementing the full cycle of creation of the aircraft — from design to production."

UKRAINE AND TURKEY HAVE AGREED ON JOINT PRODUCTION OF AIRCRAFT

"Ukraine and Turkey agreed to develop three models of aircraft based on An-158, An-178 and An-70

View attachment 305030

Ukraine and Turkey have agreed to jointly develop three models on the basis of existing aircraft «Antonov».

This was reported by the press service of Deputy Prime Minister Gennady Zubko, whoon Friday may 13, has headed the Ukrainian delegation at the tenth session of the intergovernmental Ukrainian-Turkish Commission on trade and economic issues.

«We have agreed on partnership in the aircraft industry and the development of space technologies. Together with Turkey, Ukraine is ready to develop and manufacture new passenger and transport aircraft «Antonov». In particular, the development and production of a passenger plane TAN-158 on the basis of An-158 aircraft; transport aircraft for the Turkish side on the base aircraft An-178; aircraft for the Turkish side on the basis of plane An-70″, — said Zubko.

Negotiations between the state enterprise «Antonov» and Turkish Aerospace Industries on the development of aircraft based on An-158 started in the summer of 2013. In October of the same year, then-President Viktor Yanukovych showed Recep Erdoganaircraft an-158.

Antonov an-158 is designed to carry up to 99 passengers over distances up to 3000 km Developed on the basis of regional jet of new generation An-148. The aircraft made its first flight on 28 April 2010.

Antonov an-178 is a passenger transport version of An-158. It can perform all the basic tasks of transport aircraft, including logistical support, airdropping cargo on platforms, transportation of patients, transporting equipment, shipping equipment and engines. The aircraft made its first flight on 7 may 2015.

Antonov an-70 is also one of the novelties of «Antonov». He is able to carry up to 300 paratroopers or 47 tons of cargo. The aircraft made its first flight on 16 December 1994."

Ukraine and Turkey agreed to develop three models of aircraft based on An-158, An-178 and An-70

This project is being carried out by TAI and Antonov for domestic requirements.

On the other hand, The sole owner of TRJET is SNC corporation. STM left the partnership in Trjet project.

I dont get it. If you want your own plane till 2023 you dont make another aggrement for another plane.

I don't know If posted already or worth posting it as an industry update but here is an Aselsan presentation/marketing from last year:

"A group of Aselsan staff received by Mochamad Ridwan Kamil, Mayor of Bandung/Indonesia, and informed him on Aselsan's Traffic System Solutions, Vehicle Recognition, Tracking and Enforcement Systems, Advanced Traffic Management Systems, Electronic Toll Collection Systems (August, 2015)"

CNvgAH_U8AAH7mx.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I read about this in 2013,never heard of it again until now.
They showed some white cloth,13 thin layers weighing 1 kg which was bulletproof.

You may call me sceptic but whenever i see some kinda revolutionary technology i just assume the worst. Especially if it is from rural areas. I ill stick with aselsan, roketsan etc

You may call me sceptic but whenever i see some kinda revolutionary technology i just assume the worst. Especially if it is from rural areas. I ill stick with aselsan, roketsan etc
Whats this got to do with rural areas?
What does it matter where it comes from,as long as it is from our country and made by our people?
Dont do what ''they'' do,we are an inclusive society where every member counts.
Its because of thinkers like you that we are where we are now(in a big mess),im sure you're fine with it.

Turkish defence exports valued at USD 1.6 billion in 2015

The Turkish defence sector achieved exports of USD1.66 billion in 2015, the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) revealed on 12 April in its annual report on defence industrial activity.

The figure - which was against overall defence industrial turnover of USD5 billion - is virtually unchanged from a level of USD1.64 billion in 2014, but is ahead of export output of USD1.29 billion and USD1.57 billion in 2012 and 2013 respectively.

Turkey maintains a long-term target of reaching defence and related exports of USD2 billion and overall turnover of USD8 billion by the close of 2018, according to the SSM
http://www.janes.com/article/59528/turkish-defence-exports-valued-at-usd1-6-billion-in-2015

Turkey’s defence exports rise in first two months of 2016

Turkey’s defence exports rose 30 percent in the first two months of the year compared to the same period last year, according to statistics released by the Turkish Exporters' Assembly on Friday.

The country’s defence exports for Jan-Feb 2016 are valued at over $255.9 million, a 30 percent increase compared with $196.4 million in the same period last year.

The US remained Turkey’s largest defence customer, buying imports worth $87.4 million, accounting for 34 percent of defence exports. This was followed by Germany at $30.4 million, and the United Arab Emirates which spent around $25.8 million on Turkish defence products.

The exports included aircrafts and helicopter parts, engines, armored land vehicles, speed boats, missiles, rockets, launching platforms, command and control systems, light weapons and electronic systems including transmitters, simulators, sensors, and military software.
(...)
http://www.trtworld.com/turkey/turkeys-defence-exports-rise-in-first-two-months-of-2016-65562

Nice job! Quality counts.

Significant Increase in Defence and Aerospace Industry Exports
2.jpg

2015: 1.660 $

Whats this got to do with rural areas?
What does it matter where it comes from,as long as it is from our country and made by our people?
Dont do what ''they'' do,we are an inclusive society where every member counts.
Its because of thinkers like you that we are where we are now(in a big mess),im sure you're fine with it.

It is not about being racist or not... We always see these kinda news. Someone from erzurum finds an engine who run on water and goes 100 km with 1 liter of water or this super kevlar thingy.

I respect companies who puts their money and engineers on R&D.

Not some crazy inventor guy who will get his 5 minutes of fame and disappear.

Giving fame and attention to these kinda guys what makes our society in mess if u ask me.

I just respect the credbility.

Turkey to modernise Pakistan’s F-16s
By APP
Published: May 15, 2016
24SHARES
Share Tweet Email
1103620-fjets-1463276105-264-640x480.jpg

F-16 Fighter jets. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISTANBUL: Turkey has agreed to modernise the Pakistan Air Force’s fleet of F-16s at a cost of $75 million amid the controversy surrounding the purchase of new jets from the United States.

A senior official of the Istanbul-based Foreign Economic Relations Board (DIEK) on Saturday told reporters both countries have struck a deal in an aviation project under which some Pakistani fighter planes have already been flown to Turkey.

Pakistan to comply to certain conditions to secure US military aid

Volkan Yuzer, Asia-Pacific regional coordinator at DIEK, said Pak-Turkish multi-faceted relations were growing in the defence sector. He added Turkey was already manufacturing engines for F-16 jets in addition to making some of their spare parts.

Talking about business opportunities in Pakistan, Yuzer said at least 100 Turkish companies were already operating successfully in the country and had invested $2.7 billion in various projects by 2014.

More investment, he added, is expected in the energy, infrastructure and beverages projects. Replying to a question on signing the Free-Trade Agreement between the two countries expected by September this year, Yuzer said both sides were working out the details of the agreement.

Delay in F-16s sale: Defence secretary expresses concern with US commander

According to the website of Turkish Aerospace industries (TAI), the Pakistan Air Force had awarded the tender of modernisation of its 41 F-16 aircraft to TAI in June 2009. The upgrade of jets started in the last quarter of 2010 when the first three aircraft were flown to Turkey.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 15th, 2016.

"Turkey expects 120 thousand tonnes of steel production annually with the new steelmaking shop

kirikkaleyeye_dev_yatirim_1463489547_1571.jpg

The new steelmaking shop will be installed at MKE Agır Silah ve Çelik Fabrikası- Kırıkkale located at about 80 km from Ankara. The renovation of the steel complex will benefit from the long tradition of high-quality metallurgical industry in the Kırıkkale district, and from the plant's strategic location.

The new facilities will include all technological process equipment for melting and refining of high-quality special steel to be cast as ingots from 2.5 t to 30 t weight, providing a more flexible and economical production process, and replacing the ingots that used to be purchased from external markets with ingots produced by the plant itself, for further processing in downstream existing facilities.

Construction has begun on July, 2015, and will be operational on April, 2017. Government has spent €62M for the new steelmaking shop, Such as Altay Main Battle Tank and MİLGEM Project, Turkey's defense industry expected to benefit from it."

Kırıkkaleye'ye dev yatırım

Last edited:
"New Turkish gov't to focus on 4th industrial revolution, more local production

Presenting the 65th Government Program in Parliament on Tuesday, Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım stressed the government's accelerated work on the fourth industrial revolution and information technologies and addressed other plans to make the jump from the high-middle- to high-income bracket. According to the new government program, investments and projects will focus on science and technology, which will in turn strengthen Turkey's aerospace and defense industries as well as develop information-communication technologies with the aim of increasing Turkey's growth rate and welfare. " Daily Sabah

(I didn't post it for political purposes)

I hope they try to make some really nice steps in the right direction as technologies are the future. Turkey should not stay behind this time but I think they realized it too late.

Turkish company develops new Turkar Armored Personnel Carrier

Turkar Armored Personnel Carrier (c) military-informant.com

Turkish company HİSARLAR GRUP develops new Turkar APC (Armored Personnel Carrier ) and introduces in Ukraine during the official visit of the President of Petro Poroshenko in honor of the National Day of State Border Guard Service of Ukraine in Kiev. That repored by military-informant.com.

HİSARLAR GRUP unveils the new Turkar APC in Ukraine on the eve of the international exhibition Eurosatory 2016 in France.

The new Turkar APC is designed primarily to be used by military for convoy protection, border patrol, counter insurgency, troop transportation, medical evacuation and command control vehicle.

Turkar APC features a V-shaped monocoque armored hull design that offers advanced protection to the man crew.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom