What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

if Turkey can do it right here with Senegal theres potential for Atlantic naval base
I honestly can’t see why we’d do that ?
Somalia, Sudan, Libya etc. I understand, but a naval base Senegal costs quite a bit and it’s too far away from us.

we should help, invest etc. and earn profit.

when turkey becomes a blue ocean navy then we'll need a base in Senegal

Yes, but our region is hell on earth, so once we have a few more stable and solid democratic nations we can think that far.

It still costs a lot of money. The US can have japan pay for their Okinawa base because historical events, but the same can’t be said about us. We can’t afford all that. So I suggest soft power expansion.

when turkey becomes a blue ocean navy then we'll need a base in Senegal
I'm patriotic as they come but Turkey is no where strong enough to support an ocean navy nor would it benefit her at all since we wouldn't be able to do anything with it. What are we even going to challenge? Japan, China? I don't get it.

Thanks To Turkish Drone, GNA Regain Control of Libyan Capital Tripoli: https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2020/06/06/backed-by-turkey-gna-regain-control-of-tripoli/
I think the US Africa command posting those pictures of Russian warplanes played a big role.

The US doesn’t need to spell things out, but let’s pretend they would. US still has aircraft carrier in mediterranian. And if they positioned it in support of GNA, Egypt would shit itself, UAE would cease any action, and start building sandcastles which would mean russia would be up against US in power projection. Not to forget Haftar and Tobruk and all their tribes would be left alone in the world. Plus economic embargo would rip them a new a-hole.

IMO, so GNA and Turkey did really good and gets a lot of the credit which is fairly earned, but the US support is irreplacable in such global politics.

I think the US Africa command posting those pictures of Russian warplanes played a big role.

The US doesn’t need to spell things out, but let’s pretend they would. US still has aircraft carrier in mediterranian. And if they positioned it in support of GNA, Egypt would shit itself, UAE would cease any action, and start building sandcastles which would mean russia would be up against US in power projection. Not to forget Haftar and Tobruk and all their tribes would be left alone in the world. Plus economic embargo would rip them a new a-hole.

IMO, so GNA and Turkey did really good and gets a lot of the credit which is fairly earned, but the US support is irreplacable in such global politics.
Trump spoke to Haftar on Monday.

Lol, talk about being blunt. Guess he must have said, "withdraw or die".
Anyone can do that, even a CIA agent or a DoD/DoS official. The president of the most powerful country on earth wouldnt call a random african warlord personally if they weren’t trying to protect him and build close relations.

I think Africom had no serious effect on what happened recently. The US has always known about Russia’s involvement in Libya and Russia knows it. So the Africom statement didnt add anything.

On the other hand Russia has held its ground successfully in Syria with the regime even though the US was supporting the opposition. They even managed to largely squeeze out the US from Syria one way or another. They have nothing to fear in Libya where the US is not even present.

And last but not least, the US hasn’t chosen one side in Libya yet. They aren’t giving up on Haftar that easily that is why Trump calls him from time to time. Also they dont want to join GNA’s side as a junior partner to Turkey, they want to own one side.

Anyone can do that, even a CIA agent or a DoD/DoS official. The president of the most powerful country on earth wouldnt call a random african warlord personally if they weren’t trying to protect him and build close relations.

I think Africom had no serious effect on what happened recently. The US has always known about Russia’s involvement in Libya and Russia knows it. So the Africom statement didnt add anything.

On the other hand Russia has held its ground successfully in Syria with the regime even though the US was supporting the opposition. They even managed to largely squeeze out the US from Syria one way or another. They have nothing to fear in Libya where the US is not even present.

And last but not least, the US hasn’t chosen one side in Libya yet. They aren’t giving up on Haftar that easily that is why Trump calls him from time to time. Also they dont want to join GNA’s side as a junior partner to Turkey, they want to own one side.

Russia is also in Mozambique and the Central African republic with the use of wagner mercs.

Back
Top Bottom