What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

I seriously hope that ukraine and turkey gets going with the cooperation. And it yields results fast. Especially engines and such. Turkey won’t forget good deeds like so many western countries. Our memory is long.

So my brother Pakistan already extend the timeline of the delivery what next & it also shows it trust on our brother TURKEY.
Good for Pakistan and sorry to say that you might wait a little longer if you really insist on T129 to add in your inventory coz our engine isn't ready and it won't be ready for quite a while.

Good for Pakistan and sorry to say that you might wait a little longer if you really insist on T129 to add in your inventory coz our engine isn't ready and it won't be ready for quite a while.
T625 will fly with TS1400 ba the end of 2020 and thats the same engine which will power T129 in the future so maybe next year we may see first T129 flying with it. ;-)

If we give financial weapons I just hope they buy more turkish weapons than the financial support
When you buy weapons, you buy the ecosystem with it...therefore to maintain/ increase capabilities you will have to keep buying from that same supplier.

Turkish-Indonesian Kaplan-Harimau medium tank now in mass production

07 FEBRUARY 2020

The mass production of Kaplan (Turkish name) / Harimau (Indonesian name) has begun. Discussions between both manufacturers are now focusing on export strategies.

Tukish-Indonesian_Kaplan-Harimau_medium_tank_now_in_mass_production.JPG

Kaplan MT - Harimau demonstrated in Jakarta during Indodefense 2018

Nail Kurt, general manager and CEO of FNSS, told Anadolu Agency (AA) that FNNS finalized a contract in the last month of 2019 for the mass production of 18 Kaplan MT tanks, adding that a prototype was set to be delivered at the end of this year, while the rest of the vehicles are planned to be delivered in 2021. "We expect additional orders within this year and in 2021 within the scope of budgeted works," he added. Kurt noted that the producing parties are currently in contact with two other countries for the purchase of the tank.

FNSS and PT Pindad launched prototype development work for the Kaplan MT (Harimau) Medium-Weight Class Tank at the end of 2015, following the signing of a defense cooperation agreement between the governments of Indonesia and Turkey, and the prototype production phase was completed in 2018. The design and development of the vehicle and the production of two prototypes with a technology transfer model were completed within three years. The prototypes were subsequently put through a range of comprehensive and challenging tests by the Indonesian Army and the Indonesian Ministry of Defence in both Turkey and Indonesia.

Kaplan MT (Harimau) successfully passed the tests and became the first medium-weight class tank to be certified by the Indonesian Army and to be qualified for serial production in the country. This also makes it the only medium-weight class tank to be qualified and certified by an end-user in the global market.

The long-term cooperation agreement for serial production was signed between the two companies at IDEF’19, covering the production of 18 tanks within 2 years, at a ceremony that was attended by representatives of the Presidency of Defence Industries, the Indonesian Ministry of Defence and the Indonesian Armed Forces. With export projects entered into force one after another, FNSS has grown to become a reliable supplier to the armed forces of friendly and allied countries. Through this export agreement, FNSS is supporting also the continuity and sustainable development of Indonesia.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/feb...rimau_medium_tank_now_in_mass_production.html

Turkish-Indonesian Kaplan-Harimau medium tank now in mass production

07 FEBRUARY 2020

The mass production of Kaplan (Turkish name) / Harimau (Indonesian name) has begun. Discussions between both manufacturers are now focusing on export strategies.

Tukish-Indonesian_Kaplan-Harimau_medium_tank_now_in_mass_production.JPG

Kaplan MT - Harimau demonstrated in Jakarta during Indodefense 2018

Nail Kurt, general manager and CEO of FNSS, told Anadolu Agency (AA) that FNNS finalized a contract in the last month of 2019 for the mass production of 18 Kaplan MT tanks, adding that a prototype was set to be delivered at the end of this year, while the rest of the vehicles are planned to be delivered in 2021. "We expect additional orders within this year and in 2021 within the scope of budgeted works," he added. Kurt noted that the producing parties are currently in contact with two other countries for the purchase of the tank.

FNSS and PT Pindad launched prototype development work for the Kaplan MT (Harimau) Medium-Weight Class Tank at the end of 2015, following the signing of a defense cooperation agreement between the governments of Indonesia and Turkey, and the prototype production phase was completed in 2018. The design and development of the vehicle and the production of two prototypes with a technology transfer model were completed within three years. The prototypes were subsequently put through a range of comprehensive and challenging tests by the Indonesian Army and the Indonesian Ministry of Defence in both Turkey and Indonesia.

Kaplan MT (Harimau) successfully passed the tests and became the first medium-weight class tank to be certified by the Indonesian Army and to be qualified for serial production in the country. This also makes it the only medium-weight class tank to be qualified and certified by an end-user in the global market.

The long-term cooperation agreement for serial production was signed between the two companies at IDEF’19, covering the production of 18 tanks within 2 years, at a ceremony that was attended by representatives of the Presidency of Defence Industries, the Indonesian Ministry of Defence and the Indonesian Armed Forces. With export projects entered into force one after another, FNSS has grown to become a reliable supplier to the armed forces of friendly and allied countries. Through this export agreement, FNSS is supporting also the continuity and sustainable development of Indonesia.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/feb...rimau_medium_tank_now_in_mass_production.html
I have also read two countries are interested in Kaplan MT

I have also read two countries are interested in Kaplan MT
Are TSK really need a medium tank for them? Because Cheaper to make and deploy in conflict in syria maybe? Also for stopgap for altay?

Btw as i know kaplan didnt have amphibious capability

Are TSK really need a medium tank for them? Because Cheaper to make and deploy in conflict in syria maybe? Also for stopgap for altay?

I wouldn't say we need them for Syria, but they would be a good replacement for M48s. Because of their size, they're perfect for landing ships.

I wouldn't say we need them for Syria, but they would be a good replacement for M48s. Because of their size, they're perfect for landing ships.

Syria is littered with ATGMs.

But the Kaplan wilk prove its worth in other tasks.

A lot of people have said medium tanks are obsolete i dont believe that because medium tanks are still useful for many roles.

Many military experts have said SMGs will go away once carbines become more widespread. Carbines are widespread nowadays but the SMG has not gone and is still being used for many tasks.

Last edited:

Turkey will definitely buy it that’s 100% guaranteed
I was talking about other 2 foreign countries being interested
Medium tanks can be very useful for urban warfare I don’t about this but theoretically if Turkey decides to do an akkor pulat experiment with kaplan then we can say that kaplan is fully ready against ATGM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom