What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Turkish defense companies seek to expand in Southeast Asia
DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL
Published 22 hours ago

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) will showcase its ANKA unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) at a defense exhibition in Malaysia and discuss its export to the country with Malaysian authorities.

With a view to enlarge export portfolios with Asian countries, leading Turkish defense firms will once again attend an international defense fair in Malaysia to showcase their latest air and land platforms

https://www.dailysabah.com/defense/...se-companies-seek-to-expand-in-southeast-asia
I am sorry but when I see SABAH title I think the opposite.

I think sount asian countries are trying to expand in Turkey. :)

Seriously; do we have any past UAV sales to those countries before or will it be the first one?

Seriously; do we have any past UAV sales to those countries before or will it be the first one?

Even though Daily Sabah is the English version of Sabah newspaper, the former one is much more reliable.

Well, the gist of the tweet says that MKE delivered 288 out of 488 to Pakistan, but because it was meant to use NATO standard munition it malfunctioned/had some issues. So MKE offered to take it back, but Pakistan refused because they needed them. In the end MKE offered to revize the launchers without additional payment, and all this because of the close friendship Turkey and Pakistan has.

TBH the NATO standard munition part should have been cleared before ordering the launchers.
MKE deliver what ...??
any detail plz ...

As far I remember we are delivering support to the Indonesian MALE UAV program so its not impossible. We have market there.

uh Kaplan MT by FNSS is another example of our contribution.

Never understood why the biggest Defence companies like Otokar doesn’t buy companies like BMC and other competitors.

Never understood why the biggest Defence companies like Otokar doesn’t buy companies like BMC and other competitors.

A diverse range of companies catering in weapons platforms is a good thing.... It's never good to put all eggs in one basket and expect one company deliver all needs having a monopoly over the industry.

A diverse range of companies catering in weapons platforms is a good thing.... It's never good to put all eggs in one basket and expect one company deliver all needs having a monopoly over the industry.

I agree. Competition serves to companies as well as our nation. As long as it is fair! (we have problems at the last part)

Otokar might want to buy it but as much as it is not written there are rules in strategic sectors like defence industry all over the world. You simply can not put one step forward in high scale capital investment/share trade without the approval of state. It is just the nature of this business. You have one customer inside the country and you need approval of this customer if you want to sell to other customers.(other countries) So; without even a law or legislation state has the power to make you play a move it wants you to play in this game.

uh Kaplan MT by FNSS is another example of our contribution.
Kaplan MT, AV8 Gempita, Indonesian MALE UAV program and also present purchases of ACV 15 and ACV 19. We can get a lot of purchases from there. Now we are also developing new products that could interest them and we can even give them ToT or joint production for some of the products in that list. Southeast Asia is big market and we must be very active there.

Diversity is a good thing, yes. But not to many small companies who wants a sharehold of the cake. Two powerful companies with huge resources should be enough.

The disadvantage is that the small companies/bidders pushing the production price down too far and making production unprofitable, with low innovation.

For example Otokar could buy rheinmetall?:))

Or vice versa. A joint venture could also an option.

Diversity is a good thing, yes. But not to many small companies who wants a sharehold of the cake. Two powerful companies with huge resources should be enough.

The disadvantage is that the small companies/bidders pushing the production price down too far and making production unprofitable, with low innovation.

Let's not forget these companies were almost nothing 10 years ago, 15 years ago some didn't even exist. With small but valuable amount work share given to them by the government, they're slowly but steadily growing to compete with global defence firms around the world. We now have two TOP100 defence companies competing in the world, soon to have a third in that list.

Otokar for example was a humble small company a decade ago, just producing Cobra's with leftover Humvee parts. Now it can not only produce Cobra II which is its successor, but also MRAP's, Tulpar IFV and having a hand in ALTAY tank prototypes. Same applies to FNSS, Nurol and BMC.

Back
Top Bottom