What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

500 meters high from base station.. It's not like the person who would be shooting at it would be shooting straight up, they're going to be a distance away.. few kilometers away..
Steep mountains + a base being in a valley would negate the difference in height between hostiles on the top of the valley and the observatory balloon.

Obviously the image is for representation purposes only;a balloon deployed at the bottom of the valley is not so useful. The SE is a very rough terrain. I guess it won't be used in such situations. The Syrian border would be a good opportunity though.
Figure-3-Cross-section-of-the-south-and-north-facing-slopes-of-the-Manang-valley.png

Steep mountains + a base being in a valley would negate the difference in height between hostiles on the top of the valley and the observatory balloon.

Obviously the image is for representation purposes only;a balloon deployed at the bottom of the valley is not so useful. The SE is a very rough terrain. I guess it won't be used in such situations. The Syrian border would be a good opportunity though.

Depends on how far the top of valleys are from base station even if they are level with zepplin heightwise, 3km would be sufficient to negate any attempts to down the balloon. Also such balloons I'm sure are fitted with pressure sensors which would warn operator of drop gas, brought down patched and sent up again.. It's not like a single bullet is going to the down the balloon..

For our own airspace, using unarmed MALE class UAVs for ISR is waste of money and resources. Aerostats can stay in the air much much more, less costly to buy/maintain and offer more downlink bandwidth.

500m is high enough to control a very wide area.

The question is how far the onboard equipment (Thermal cameras,...) can provide 360° scanning and control of area when the zeppelin is at 500m and at work?

It can be shot down easily.

I hope we can have theese birds on service next year.Maybe we can arm it until 2019.I think we should totally switch to unmanned version of this Hürkus,or else it's a dead project.Just money grap.
At one side you can't make a plane with propeller in 10 years.On the other side you say that i will make a stealth plane in 9 years.Funny.

I hope we can have theese birds on service next year.Maybe we can arm it until 2019.I think we should totally switch to unmanned version of this Hürkus,or else it's a dead project.Just money grap.
At one side you can't make a plane with propeller in 10 years.On the other side you say that i will make a stealth plane in 9 years.Funny.

I disagree. Speed of development is not necessarily to be linearly growing. Increased know-how will improve the speed in an increasing rate I suppose.

I disagree. Speed of development is not necessarily to be linearly growing. Increased know-how will improve the speed in an increasing rate I suppose.

Sure but the class is totally different.
I think the know-how from Hurkus can accelerate out UAV programs but they are also derivating from propelled to jets.
All in all,we are making f-16's in Turkey.Yes,it is not home made but we do.We should have started to make a jet from the beginning.

You know what. I suppose we can easily convert Hürkuş into unmanned vehicle with Baykar Makina indigenous developed avionics and remote control systems. Not only Hürkuş but some other planes can be easily be converted into unmanned(eg. kamikaze) planes more easily because of increased know-how and acquired technology.

And the next day, Qatar signs a deal with U.S. for 24 Apache hellicopters.We were expecting an export to Qatar.
Bu the way,i hope this deal thie deal doesn't effect our light weight hellicopter's local production.

And the next day, Qatar signs a deal with U.S. for 24 Apache hellicopters.We were expecting an export to Qatar.
Bu the way,i hope this deal thie deal doesn't effect our light weight hellicopter's local production.

Who was expecting a t-129 export to anybody? We cant sell any t-129 because of the US engines. Stop dreaming pls.

+1

Even we can not take our Chinooks(Actually I am not sure that delay is sourced from US end) from US and we are expecting them to give engines to sell.o_O

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom