What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Some time ago i wrote @ WAFF about this kind of a thing... If i'm not wrong we were discussing the topic 'In near future there will be no manned jet fighters"... I said our air force should never do such a thing... We should never produce unmanned fighter jets but we should produce hybrid jets just like this F-16... Because if our enemies can control our unmanned jets then it means we can not move any of our jets... So in war time if we understand that enemy started to control our jets then we should cancel unmanned flights and our pilots should directly use our jets... The good thing of this hybrid solution is you are able to use jet above human limits... So we should start to work on such technologies when it's early enough... And also we should start 'human eye video camera project' so our pilot should see the area just like he is in the jet when he is in land station and there will be no hardship for our pilots, they will be safe and comfortable @ land bases... Who can do it ?.. Sure ASELSAN can do it... I think it's an additional kit only... So as i said above if enemy controls our jets then just remove kits from our jets and and let our pilots get in the cockpit...

News say project is about training but as we see capability it shouldn't be about training only but for real missions too...

And i thing the statemnt of US about F-35 is just a lie for misleading or it's a wrong statement... I'm talking about "F-35 is the last manned fighter jet" statement...

As i see future of fighter jets will be this F-16 project...

İlk pilotsuz F-16 teslim edildi!

1.jpg

Last edited:
Some time ago i wrote @ WAFF about this kind of a thing... If i'm not wrong we were discussing the topic 'In near future there will be no manned jet fighters"... I said our air force should never do such a thing... We should never produce unmanned fighter jets but we should produce hybrid jets just like this F-16... Because if our enemies can control our unmanned jets then it means we can not move any of our jets... So in war time if we understand that enemy started to control our jets then we should cancel unmanned flights and our pilots should directly use our jets... The good thing of this hybrid solution is you are able to use jet above human limits... So we should start to work on such technologies when it's early enough... And also we should start 'human eye video camera project' so our pilot should see the area just like he is in the jet when he is in land station and there will be no hardship for our pilots, they will be safe and comfortable @ land bases... Who can do it ?.. Sure ASELSAN can do it... I think it's an additional kit only... So as i said above if enemy controls our jets then just remove kits from our jets and and let our pilots get in the cockpit...

News say project is about training but as we see capability it shouldn't be about training only but for real missions too...

And i thing the statemnt of US about F-35 is just a lie for misleading or it's a wrong statement... I'm talking about "F-35 is the last manned fighter jet" statement...

View attachment 207493
Autonomous fighters are the future, surveillance drones are like a test field for future autonomous fighters, look at Global Hawk its as big as a fighter and could easil be armed to teeth.

RQ-4_Global_Hawk.jpg

A Autonomous fighter has plus sides such as no training for pilots and no human casualty in fights.

View attachment 207493

Having a pilot in a fighter doesn't mean you can control the fighter. You may loose the fighter and the pilot and the mission goal and be a kamikaze attacking your own bases if you really loose control to the fighter. Isn't it why we want to make our own fighters which is the only way you can be sure you will keep control of your own weapon. Unmanned planes have their use and will coexist with manned or optionally manned fighters. We need them all to be on top of our game.

Having a pilot in a fighter doesn't mean you can control the fighter. You may loose the fighter and the pilot and the mission goal and be a kamikaze attacking your own bases if you really loose control to the fighter. Isn't it why we want to make our own fighters which is the only way you can be sure you will keep control of your own weapon. Unmanned planes have their use and will coexist with manned or optionally manned fighters. We need them all to be on top of our game.

I don't say we should quit UAV business... We should improve in that field too but what i say is about replacement of current fighetr jets shouldn't be replaced with UAVs... I say in the future we should replace our fighter jets with hybrid solution like above... In this solution 1st choice is to use jets like using UAVs... But land station pilot console should be improved for sure... You can't use fighetr jets successfully with current UAV land concsoles...

And i say in war time if enemy starts to control our jet in UAV mode then we should remove these kits from all of our jets and our pilots should get into jets... I think in this way because UAVs are more avaliable to be controlled by enemy with EW systems... UAVs have direct links with control units of themlselves by using communication... If enemy ruins this connection between UAV and land station then there will not be another reserve situation like using jet in classic way... So i'm talking about 2 different capability, both UAV & manned usage in 1 jet but on the other side there is 1 capability in 1 jet which means losing that 1 capability means loss of the war... There will be no time for fixing it... We should take our precations before be face the loss...

Again i don't say there should be no unmanned fighter jet... What i say is "Ok let's have it and let's add clasic capability too"

What is that?

Electronic Warfare units bro...

I don't say we should quit UAV business... We should improve in that field too but what i say is about replacement of current fighetr jets shouldn't be replaced with UAVs... I say in the future we should replace our fighter jets with hybrid solution like above... In this solution 1st choice is to use jets like using UAVs... But land station pilot console should be improved for sure... You can't use fighetr jets successfully with current UAV land concsoles...

And i say in war time if enemy starts to control our jet in UAV mode then we should remove these kits from all of our jets and our pilots should get into jets... I think in this way because UAVs are more avaliable to be controlled by enemy with EW systems... UAVs have direct links with control units of themlselves by using communication... If enemy ruins this connection between UAV and land station then there will not be another reserve situation like using jet in classic way... So i'm talking about 2 different capability, both UAV & manned usage in 1 jet but on the other side there is 1 capability in 1 jet which means losing that 1 capability means loss of the war... There will be no time for fixing it... We should take our precations before be face the loss...

Again i don't say there should be no unmanned fighter jet... What i say is "Ok let's have it and let's add clasic capability too"

Electronic Warfare units bro...

That's one way of being on the safe side by having both manned and remotely operated capability on the same platform. Which may be valuable when the pilot looses conciousness or needs land assist. The other way is to have some number of UAVs for certain missions and some piloted platforms for mansafe or complex missions. If the platform is purpose built for unmanned operation it dispenses with lots of support structures used for manned flight so they should be more economical and design flexible.

For TürHaK our UAV capability or the available technology is not ripe enough to go for it. We will need mature multiple redundant communications for reliable operation. It will take some years of course to get there but sooner or later it should happen. It will also depend on the opponents capabilities to intercept your comms that will come into play. If your opponent is incapable then you are good.

That's one way of being on the safe side by having both manned and remotely operated capability on the same platform. Which may be valuable when the pilot looses conciousness or needs land assist. The other way is to have some number of UAVs for certain missions and some piloted platforms for mansafe or complex missions. If the platform is purpose built for unmanned operation it dispenses with lots of support structures used for manned flight so they should be more economical and design flexible.

For TürHaK our UAV capability or the available technology is not ripe enough to go for it. We will need mature multiple redundant communications for reliable operation. It will take some years of course to get there but sooner or later it should happen. It will also depend on the opponents capabilities to intercept your comms that will come into play. If your opponent is incapable then you are good.

We made our comments...

Anyway... Thx... It was a nice discussion...

Technology is not developed well enough to replace every manned thing with an unmanned.All of the UCAV Project's in the World has only ground attack capability now (including X-47B) .More interestingly there isn't a true supersonic UAV in the World (except scramjets and Iranian smart drones :D) I think we won't see an unmanned air superiority fighter until 2040s.Moreover as @xxxKULxxx point out, all of the future projects have a manned version as far as i know.

Last edited:
Technology is not developed well enough to replace every manned thing with an unmanned.All of the UCAV Project's in the World has only ground attack capability now (including X-47B) .More interestingly there isn't a true supersonic UAV in the World (except scramjets and Iranian smart drones :D) I think we won't see an unmanned air superiority fighter until 2040s.Moreover as @xxxKULxxx point out, all of the future projects have a manned version as far as i know.

I think this statement is wrong or they call it like that just for misleading armies & countries...

I mean this statement...

f35 the last manned fighter - Google'da Ara

Ne demek istediğini tam olarak anlamadım.Açıklayabilirmisin?

Back
Top Bottom