What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

TA is planning to fly it next year(2020), they should have already ordered engine, i dont think that we have a secret engine for it .
Thats clearly F-404 or Ej-2000 because 19200 LB generally 85 kn

Hope them choosing not to have an internal gun won’t bite us in the *** later on.

There is no place for an internal gun, but after the picture you can attach a 20mm Pod.

T-50 has its internal gun without any problems. Both have near identical specifications, so if TAI wanted they could easily implement it. Like I said let’s hope it won’t bite us in the ***. Sadly a gun pod will take away a valuable hard point that could be used by targeting pods.

Also sad to see no SOM.

19200 lbf is the new figure in official brochure and That brohhure is revealed to serve a purpose. It indicates an absolute change of previously selected GM engine. Brochure figures are mostly taken from point figures from original manufacturer and There is not much engine with a certain 19,200lbf. I believe It is Klimov RD-93 turbofan. Its combat thrust with afterburner is 19200lbf. F404IN has max 18800-19000lbf with afterburner. Previously, It was F404-102 engine was selected with a thrust around 17700lbf. Same American engine is powering up Korean T-50 fighters as well.

19200 lbf is the new figure in official brochure and That brohhure is revealed to serve a purpose. It indicates an absolute change of previously selected GM engine. Brochure figures are mostly taken from point figures from original manufacturer and There is not much engine with a certain 19,200lbf. I believe It is Klimov RD-93 turbofan. Its combat thrust with afterburner is 19200lbf. F404IN has max 18800-19000lbf with afterburner. Previously, It was F404-102 engine was selected with a thrust around 17700lbf. Same American engine is powering up Korean T-50 fighters as well.
That is the engine used in JF-17 isn't it? It would be very interesting to see Hurjet share engines with JF-17. It could open up whole new avenues for cooperation on aerospace and defense between Pakistan and Turkey.

Although, can I ask if you have an open source for that 19200 lbf figure? I looked around a bit but I only found this poster:
n3vu4x.jpg

which claims the maximum thrust to be 98 kN (22030 lbf) and globalsecurity claims it has a maximum thrust of 81.3 kN (18270 lbf) (link: https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/ws13.htm )

That is the engine used in JF-17 isn't it? It would be very interesting to see Hurjet share engines with JF-17. It could open up whole new avenues for cooperation on aerospace and defense between Pakistan and Turkey.

Although, can I ask if you have an open source for that 19200 lbf figure? I looked around a bit but I only found this poster:
n3vu4x.jpg

which claims the maximum thrust to be 98 kN (22030 lbf) and globalsecurity claims it has a maximum thrust of 81.3 kN (18270 lbf) (link: https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/ws13.htm )

052C692C-E364-4EB4-B0A6-0CCC6AF0AEEC.jpeg

@cabatli_53 if RD-93 is true or lets say a possibility ! dimenional difference between RD-93 and F404-102 comes in to play? since if I am not wrong RD-93 occupies significantly more space and this sure has some serious implications??? may be in design or in range? if RD-93 is true we should be talking about almost a new plane!? (which I hope so):devil: or may be I am just a dreamer!!!

Last edited:
@cabatli_53 if RD-93 is true or lets say a possibility ! dimenional difference between RD-93 and F404-102 comes in to play? since in I am not wrong RD-93 occupies significantly more space and this sure has some serious implications??? may be in design or in range? if RD-93 is true we should be talking about almost a new plane!? (which I hope so):devil: or may be just a dreamer!!!

Bro, If It is true, I believe Size of Hürjet will enlarge and length will increase 1-1,5m more. Hürjet will evolve into a real fighter which will be more or less similar with Gripen in size. Engine selection is the main factor to make an aircraft potent and 19200lb is more than enough to have a payload around 4-5tons.

but TA froze the external shape of the plane 6 months ago, how can they modify it? totally time waste.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom