What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Yes, very valid points.

Given the US backstabbing against Turkey in Syria/Iraq and the visa crisis, everyone has doubts that Turkey will be able to procure the F-35A, let alone the F-35B, so it's in our best interests to look into acquiring some Harriers or Rafale Ms. We can also consider going non-Western with these and maybe order a squadron of Mig-29Ks or Su-33s. China's Shenyang-15 calso looks pretty promising. But they all require a catapult system I think which the TCG Anadolu won't have. It can be added later on too but it'll cost extra $$$.
Let me tell you one thing @Vord
If Us cancels the F35 sales to Turkey I will be the happiest man alive (assuming we get our money back). Because we just dont need them.
Thats right, we dont need F35. What are we gonna use it for? Air superiority? Use TFX. Long range strikes? Even better, use the damn TFX. Bombing/ground attack? Use next gen TAI and Baykar UAVs, the world is changing, nobody will be using manned ground attack craft in the next 30 years anyway.
We have been preparing for this scenario all along. If we could safely get out of this money sucker we are the winners, not US.

There is no TFX, and even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s. Also, there are always huge risks in big projects.

F35 is an amazing machine that will cover gap of retired F-4s, there is no Plan B. In worse case scenario, you could find yourself begging for 5th generation fighter jet from US, Russia, China in 2030, with tripple price, if you couldn't get F35.

There is no TFX, and even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s. Also, there are always huge risks in big projects.

F35 is an amazing machine that will cover gap of retired F-4s, there is no Plan B. In worse case scenario, you could find yourself begging for 5th generation fighter jet from US, Russia, China in 2030, with tripple price, if you couldn't get F35.

F-35 is a risk, Greece goes upgrading F-16s to V configuration, worth 2.3 Billion USD.
They will get AESA radars, new avionics and new cockpit.
F-35 have a permament datalink as in civil airplanes to LM and transmit technical fault data.
That was pointed by a retired Turkish General some days ago.

Turkish Government founded a source worth 18 Billion TL for next year by shorting local communities budget,
this will directly flow into TF-X project. There is no return.

Dude there is TF-X. Turkey has already signed a contract with UK to help in the design.
Are you aware that Rolls-royce will supply an upgraded EJ-2000 engine to power TF-X?
Turkey can make the all the parts(with UK BAE design help) minus engines for TF-X and no reason why it won't be in service before 2030.
The TF-X will get hundreds of export orders from Muslim countries and so Turkey should be able to recuperate
most of the huge development costs.

There is no TFX, and even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s.

Are you trolling?

You are Turkish. Please learn a bit about your own country's arms programs before commenting.
In Jan this year, Turkey and UK signed a 100 million UK pound deal for UK to help
Turkey design it's TF-X fighter.

In Jan this year, Turkey and UK signed a 100 million UK pound deal for UK to help
Yes you are trolling. What i meant by TF-X was obviously fighter jet's itself, not the development project, since it is even more obvious that i pretty much know about the existence of TF-X project since i wrote this to you;

There is no TFX, and even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s.

which you didn't read. The word of "project" implies the development project of TF-X.

Repeat after me; There is no TF-X right now, even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s.

Yes you are trolling. What i meant by TF-X was obviously fighter jet's itself, not the development project, since it is even more obvious that i pretty much know about the existence of TF-X project since i wrote this to you;

which you didn't read. The word of "project" implies the development project of TF-X.

Repeat after me; There is no TF-X right now, even if project will be successful, there won't be any TF-X around until 2030s.

Ok.
Let us wait and see when TF-X comes into service.
Remember Turkey is already manufacturing F-35 parts and UK is one of the premier weapons producers in the world.

Ps - your last sentence was really silly dude lol

Ok.
Let us wait and see when TF-X comes into service.
Remember Turkey is already manufacturing F-35 parts and UK is one of the premier weapons producers in the world.

Ps - your last sentence was really silly dude lol

Panavia Tornado definition phase as replacement for F-104 was finished 1969 and the first jet was 1974 in the air. There is no doubt that Turkish fighter jet will be in the air 2023.

Wow.
Just wow.
It may be the first time I am hearing the phrase "F35 is an amazing machine" in any context. Any sane person in the aviation sector will tell you that the F35 is very far away from being amazing anything. The words F35 and Amazing don't fit into the same sentence.
You say there is no TFX. You ain't got no salary either, but I bet you still keep working and spending in the hopes that you will get a salary at the end of the month.
The matter of the fact is, nothing is for certain. Just like you say there is no TFX i can say there is no Turkish F35. Are we left in the open, defenseless, then?

You say there is no TFX. You ain't got no salary either, but I bet you still keep working and spending in the hopes that you will get a salary.
There is no plan B for F-4 replacement except F35.

Just like you say there is no TFX i can say there is no Turkish F35.
There is, in serial production line. We even sent parts
121220130144185872914_2.jpg

Any sane person..
... any sane person knows that we won't keep our airforce without 5th generation multirole fighter jet until 2030s o_O lmao

F35 is an amazing machine
Yes, F35 is an amazing machine to fulfill the gap of retired F-4s. Problem?

Seriously I'm fed up with writing the same shit over and over in this thread to the same people who still have fantasies in their heads because of too much sci-fi. Before you go and write stuff with out any merit read up. F35 is the best 5th gen, fighter jet on this earth and anything else atm is food for it. Your F16V were getting destroyed in a ratio of 1:12 in test fights by F35s. Turkey hasn't even real Combat Unmanned Vehicles (Which the TB2 and Anka-2 AREN't) and some people talk about Unmanned Fighter Jets which even the US can't produce as a better option than the BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. You people know so much that half the world who buys F35s has no idea what they are doing but you have you found the solution! Why not build Unmanned Fighters even though nobody on the world has the capablities for it. Lets wait 15 Years for the TF-X while your Air Fleet is withering away, genius people just genius. The Chinese needed years from the first pototype to their first J-20 in service and the russians still have problems and the development is stalling over and over again, but sure lets wait for the TF-X. And always the same shit "we aren't gonna get F35s" "The US won't allow it" The US can do shit since contracts have been signed, I'm not gonna repeat myself over and over again to the people who write the same shit without any merit every week in this Thread. The Brits have to send their F35s to us for Maintance and TAI is making parts of the body for the F35s including the Turkish ones but sure guys we are't gonna get our F35s. I swear delete your Accounts the moment the first Turkish F35s touches Turkish ground.

There is no plan B for F-4 replacement except F35.

There is, in serial production line. We even sent parts
121220130144185872914_2.jpg

... any sane person knows that we won't keep our airforce without 5th generation multirole fighter jet until 2030s o_O lmao

Yes, F35 is an amazing machine to fulfill the gap of retired F-4s. Problem?

Don't try to reason with them, they will write the same shit in a week again and you will have to explain it again and again. This is the thousand times that this dicussion is being led here.

F35 is the best 5th gen, fighter jet on this earth

The F-35 was supposed to be a relatively cheap fighter that filled the "low" in the high-low fighter concept (the "high" being the superior but expensive F-22). It wasn't meant to be the best 5th gen fighter and is not (the F-22 is). It barely even succeeded in being cheap(ish). The F-35 is arguably not even 5th gen since supercruise was (until the F-35) considered a requisite of 5th gen fighters and the F-35 doesn't have it. As to the half the world buying it - the only reason they will buy it is because there won't be a Western 5th gen alternative for at least 15 years. One thing that's great about the F-35 is that its sensor system is very advanced, but the same system could've been designed into a fighter that wasn't so mediocre in every other way. Turkey will indeed buy it because there's no alternative. Having an F-35 is still better than having a fatigued and dated F-4 (or no fighter at all).

There is no TF-X
I am telling you, there is indeed such a thing as TFX. Google it. You will see that we have a jet fighter project called TFX. I don't know how you missed it. It was all over the news for quite some time.
After Lot-10, price for per F-35 is already below $95million o_O
Wow that is a serious discount. Now I am convinced, lets buy 500.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom