What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Does Turkey have Fighter pilots shortage? If yes then my question is to why can they just recruit and train the pilots themselves or are they dependent on USA to train their pilots?

Does Turkey have Fighter pilots shortage? If yes then my question is to why can they just recruit and train the pilots themselves or are they dependent on USA to train their pilots?
Yes, Turkey has pilot shortage Since July of Last year. Quite a few Turkish Pilots Bombed Turkish Civilians and Government buildings like Parliment. Pilot to Aircraft ratio of Tuaf has fallen below 0.90. And Yes, Turkey can train its pilots but It takes time train f16, We can't expect any serious change in the the number of pilots before 2019. On the Other hand Tuaf recruited some retired pilots But Pilots doesn't grow on trees So That is small job pool and THY also needs pilots as well.

From what I understood the plane will be able to fire missiles and that is good but can we expect something looking like the american AC-130s with all the armaments. For example (I got the info from wiki) AC-130J Ghostrider have 1× 30 mm autocannon, 1× 105 mm and it can fire wide range of missiles/bombs. Its very good development.

2jmXPq.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom