Turkish Aselsan Gozcu

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Turkish Aselsan Gozcu

33vd8w3.jpg

Aselsangzc.jpg

Gzc-2.jpg

It is still new but will be inducted in late 2011. Undergoing testing atm.
I have been unable to find the data on this one on the internet. Would this be specific to ground forces surveillance or would your naval forces consider inducting them too? I am of the opinion that rotary drones are far more effective in naval surveillance than conventional take-off and landing spy drones.

I have been unable to find the data on this one on the internet. Would this be specific to ground forces surveillance or would your naval forces consider inducting them too? I am of the opinion that rotary drones are far more effective in naval surveillance than conventional take-off and landing spy drones.

It is pretty new and not much is known about it. What we do know is it has a max range of 150km. Uses Aselflir-300T optics and sensor package. And is armed with two Roketsan Cirit rockets. (These are laser guided and have a range of 8km) The max altitude has not been disclosed but in its test flight it flew to 300 feet (I am sure it can operate much higher)

So far the air force will be taking delivery of them and plans to use them for recon and limited strike capability on PKK terrorist strongholds in northern Iraq and south eastern Turkey. We are also looking to export these to countries that require a recon VTOL UAV with light attack capability.

"Uses Aselflir-300T optics and sensor package."
"So far the air force will be taking delivery of them and plans to use them for recon and limited strike capability on PKK terrorist strongholds in northern Iraq and south eastern Turkey. We are also looking to export these to countries that require a recon VTOL UAV with light attack capability. "

where is your source for these claims? we don't even know if it is intended to be fielded or just a test-bed for future vtol's..

Sold to jordan and azerbaijan..

image_4c28f781a4cc1.jpg

Thermal imaging device GÖZCÜ has laser distance finder, GPS system, digital magnetic compass and laser target designator.

"Uses Aselflir-300T optics and sensor package."
"So far the air force will be taking delivery of them and plans to use them for recon and limited strike capability on PKK terrorist strongholds in northern Iraq and south eastern Turkey. We are also looking to export these to countries that require a recon VTOL UAV with light attack capability. "

where is your source for these claims? we don't even know if it is intended to be fielded or just a test-bed for future vtol's..

My source ? TAI unveils new unmanned combat helicopter | TRDEFENCE

This has also been posted before on here too. This is not a test bed this is something that is going to be fielded and considering we have zero UAVs with attack capability this will probably end up in all branches of service too.

weird, aselflir-300t weighs 120~ kg and this vtol is supposed to have 120kg of max payload...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom