What's new

Turkish army’s drill on Iraqi border [PHOTO]

Sadr isnt with any foreign side,
Just acts on his perceived national interests

I sort of lost interest in this but Kurds are too nationalistic, their society normalized a level of nationalism that we consider to be extremist, no good comes from that.

They formed militia groups around Kirkuk and Tuzhurmatu and keep attacking Turkmen & lraqi military with mortars.

What happened to the lraqi-Turkish border thing? Americans are apparently still sending weapons through that border.

They formed militia groups around Kirkuk and Tuzhurmatu and keep attacking Turkmen & lraqi military with mortars.

What happened to the lraqi-Turkish border thing? Americans are apparently still sending weapons through that border.

I don't know exactly, it died down. Abadi should have finished it, if he starts a new operation now it will again draw criticism from the world.

I sort of lost interest in this but Kurds are too nationalistic, their society normalized a level of nationalism that we consider to be extremist, no good comes from that.
If you are large community and want a country so bad yo would be nationalistic to. They are not thinking like us. They are feeling that they were so close but their dream slowly is going away and thats why its like this. But no problem we also have very good nationalists that are willing to sort the things out even they will not demand salaries just unleash them ;) .

If you are large community and want a country so bad yo would be nationalistic to. They are not thinking like us. They are feeling that they were so close but their dream slowly is going away and thats why its like this. But no problem we also have very good nationalists that are willing to sort the things out even they will not demand salaries just unleash them ;) .

Can't say i'm not one of them, most of us here are nationalistic. But i'm talking about the future, we're better off aiming for a larger unified state. Limiting ourselves to this deep pride based on some country with borders should not be a limiting factor as it is nowadays. US and EU progressed with this in some way.

It is impossible for Iraqi government to give autonomy to Kirkuk, specially right after city liberated from Pan-Kurdish fascists.

If i was them, i would try my chance to go for Tuz Khurmatu-Daquq, and that's enough.

It shouldn't matter, proper governance is more important. The quests for autonomy are motivated by other factors which are not important. If decentralization of governance was such a good solution in Iraq it wouldn't have caused this mess. Look at Nineveh and Basra, both tried to go separate ways from Baghdad. As a result Nineveh became a main HQ for IS, Basra is extremely corrupt despite being richer in oil than Dubai.

If some party decides to declare Kirkuk a Turkmen province it goes back to the level of the Kurdish nationalists, then instead of a million Kurdish flags we will have a million Turkmen flags there. No need for any flags, just proper governance, services and opportunities for the people.

Back
Top Bottom