What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

Well, I remember that @Deno has said that sf units purchase those equipments by themselves. Maybe bulletproof vests are given by TSK but scopes, holographic sights etc are purchased by soldiers.

So if you're certain about that ok then ı am mistaken.

Afaik most of the stuff is a mixture of military issued stuff and/or personal equipment/equipment bought on unit/base/battalion level. And this second might be like @Jackal131 said, done internally or externally.

Example; commander decides to buy X of something for entire battalion.
Example 2; bunch of guys want some new stuff, pool together money and order it.

Sometimes the second one precedes the first. One example might be civilian type drones being bought here and there and after a while the military went ahead and ordered a bunch of them (they showed up with commando's during training/operations a few times). Another example might be soldiers buying stuff like combat shirts for themselves and later ordering for whole unit for discount.

If you keep checking out pictures you start deciphering various stuff naturally :)

I can imagine some soldiers buy their own preferred gear, if I remember correctly American soldiers brought their own optics to Afghanistan.

Afaik most of the stuff is a mixture of military issued stuff and/or personal equipment/equipment bought on unit/base/battalion level. And this second might be like @Jackal131 said, done internally or externally.

Example; commander decides to buy X of something for entire battalion.
Example 2; bunch of guys want some new stuff, pool together money and order it.

Sometimes the second one precedes the first. One example might be civilian type drones being bought here and there and after a while the military went ahead and ordered a bunch of them (they showed up with commando's during training/operations a few times). Another example might be soldiers buying stuff like combat shirts for themselves and later ordering for whole unit for discount.

If you keep checking out pictures you start deciphering various stuff naturally :)
This is Ukrainian style. Neighboors and relatives gather and give bulletproof vests to their sons.
I know some villages collected money and gave old IFV's to fighters who are in DonBass.
Do all Turkish private soldiers, commandos use bulletproof vests in operations?

This is Ukrainian style. Neighboors and relatives gather and give bulletproof vests to their sons.
I know some villages collected money and gave old IFV's to fighters who are in DonBass.
Yes
There are enough vest for ever soldier.Also there are enough optics for every rifle.For example,holo for every rifle.Piton or similar optics for every sharpshooter.We have no problem with it but not all of them are modernised or standart.

I can imagine some soldiers buy their own preferred gear, if I remember correctly American soldiers brought their own optics to Afghanistan.

Wouldn't optics be limited in terms of import from US/EU? I've seen atleast one or two knock-off acog scopes.

Nah, it's not Ukraine style. Ukraine = ''seferberlik'' almost.

In fact the most recent vest seen with JOH guys for example looks pretty good. When urban operations first started you saw a lot of regular backpacks and with this new vest a smaller ''daypack'' was given as well.

Ours is basically a continues development in terms of equipment and we've made huge steps forward. Just looking at pictures and stuff being used you can state that there are atleast three different era's; early/mid 2000's - 2008/2012 - 2014+.

But it takes quite some time for things to get replaced and stuff.

Example; we used to see baggy darkgreen BDU pants and sweater (''pusu pantalonu'' is what they called it on Turkish fora), later that was seemingly replaced by more fitting BDU variants and then I didn't see them for like 1-2 years in pictures untill recent operations where a few more different models were seen in use by both POH and JOH.

Yes
There are enough vest for ever soldier.Also there are enough optics for every rifle.For example,holo for every rifle.Piton or similar optics for every sharpshooter.We have no problem with it but not all of them are modernised or standart.

This could be one of few problems in your army. Standardization. On the other side, it is a process which needs time.

Shock and awe!

34CCCB1F00000578-3618507-image-a-90_1464722331476.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom