What's new

Turkish airspace closed to Israel, Erdoan says

Stupid PR stunts for Islamist consumption to garner votes from his vote bank.

He has said he wants to run one more time for office but i don't see that happening. He is casuing such a rift that it is making Turkey's number 2 party (CHP) and number 3 (MHP) join ties to get this guy out of office.

The guy is too religious for Turkey. He even said "Muslims can not do genocide" this was referring to the Darfur issue. AKP government seems to be seeking a islamic alternative to the west while still trying to keep ties intact. That won't work. We need to stick with the U.S. and keep our Arab ties at arms length. We have nothing to lose with cutting ties with Israel though as they were purely tourism and military.

Another quote by the PM
"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers"

That one earned him prison time in 98.

Secularism must remain strong.

Aaah As i suspected. he did a publicity stunt and what better way to get Muslim sympathy than diverting their attention to Gaza strip. I believe he would have got the news floated to get the sympathy ( which he did) and then later denied officially so he is in a comfortable position.

Thanks for substantiating my guess.

Give me a break...But then again, I do not care...Anyway...It is foolish to ruin this diplomatic tie between the two countries over the foolishness of some Turkish citizens if Turkey itself did not officially sanctioned the so-called 'aid' fleet. This pretentious act by Erdogan gained nothing for Turkey. Really does not lost anything for the long term either. Once Ergogan got a minimum of Arab approval, things will go back to normal again.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

And you have one that is better than mine..? :lol:

Difference between a human and Robotic life.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

as if israel gives a damn.....

And is if Turkey gives a damn??

Man, you guys are clueless, absolutely clueless. To you guys, this is just an issue of Muslims vs non-muslims. So, you automatically take the side of a non-muslim. You do have a brain somehow. Now use it.

how much will Israel suffer if its jets are not allowed over Turkey??

Turkey needs to remain a strong secular country for any progression to take place. It's done wonderfully over the past 30 years and doesn't need to go back to the 8th AD by siding with the Arabs. You can have ties with them in terms of trade, tourism etc but anything more should be looked with utter skepticism.

Man, you guys are clueless, absolutely clueless. To you guys, this is just an issue of Muslims vs non-muslims. So, you automatically take the side of a non-muslim. You do have a brain somehow. Now use it.

And for all Muslims its a Muslim vs Non-Muslims thing. So they automatically take the side of Muslims.

Quite a few people in my uni were protesting against Israel. Is it a coincidence that were primarily from Liberal Arts courses? :undecided:

Egypt's double game in the region is rather sad, i think the misri's need to understand the larger implications of their limp compliance with the Israeli's on what is now termed by the International community as an "Illegal and un-sustainable" embargo on the Palestinian state.

Other nations should follow the brave example set by Turkey, it is very sad to see the sheepishness of some Arab leaders.

And for all Muslims its a Muslim vs Non-Muslims thing. So they automatically take the side of Muslims.

Quite a few people in my uni were protesting against Israel. Is it a coincidence that were primarily from Liberal Arts courses? :undecided:

what a load of b*ull*sh*i*t is that. havent you seen that majority of us condemn and protest against the evil of Bin Laden and Taliban all the time? Why should there be any exception for the crimes of israel against the palestine state and people?

This blind support for israel has caused billions of dollors waste to american tax payer, they cant defeat Al Qaeda and one of the reason is palestine issue that people buy words of Bin laden.

I do not get why we help those Arabs.. They would kill all Turks if they had a chance. What the **** is Erdogan trying to do?

I do not get why we help those Arabs.. They would kill all Turks if they had a chance. What the **** is Erdogan trying to do?
I think he's trying to use nationalism to further the radical Islamist agenda that is the core of his being. By setting up Israel to kill Turks he hopes to discredit pro-Western voices and compel Turks to take the anti-Israel line, and by sucking up to the Arabs he can enjoy, at the very least, some of their generous hospitality.

Even if he didn't set up the Israelis and what happened was a surprise to him, I doubt his pride will let him admit to a mistake, and his "moderate" Islamist outlook probably won't let him acknowledge that what the militants did to the Israeli boarding party was morally and legally wrong. Just from my experience at PDF, I can't recall any Pakistani Muslim acknowledging that when a Muslim commits a crime against a Jew he is sinning, for either the Jew isn't innocent, or if the Jew is innocent then somehow his people or country are not.

I think he's trying to use nationalism to further the radical Islamist agenda that is the core of his being. By setting up Israel to kill Turks he hopes to discredit pro-Western voices and compel Turks to take the anti-Israel line, and by sucking up to the Arabs he can enjoy, at the very least, some of their generous hospitality.

Even if he didn't set up the Israelis and what happened was a surprise to him, I doubt his pride will let him admit to a mistake, and his "moderate" Islamist outlook probably won't let him acknowledge that what the militants did to the Israeli boarding party was morally and legally wrong. Just from my experience at PDF, I can't recall any Pakistani Muslim acknowledging that when a Muslim commits a crime against a Jew he is sinning, for either the Jew isn't innocent, or if the Jew is innocent then somehow his people or country are not.

Solomon you are totally missing the point, again it has nothing to do with his islamic principles or agenda, the fact is Isreal has committed crimes against Turkish nationals in International waters, Turkey has every right to defend itself, why should it let Isreali killers pass over its airspace since they have not apologised for the incident.

Back
Top Bottom