What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

I tried twice. Both times topic was firstly bombardred by chinese gov propagandist and soon after locked and closed. As it seems Chinese have Pakistanis by the balls. I do understand close relationship between Pakistan and China, I understand reasons behind it, keeping India in check, mutual interests and so on. But still... for it to br such cuckholds when in comes to this is emberessing, esspecially if your official name of the country is Islamic Republic.

I'm with you brothers on this issue. Thanks for opening the threads. It would be nice to discuss it with just Pakistanis and Turks.

Indians and Chinese are playing their political games here.

Son günlerde İran hükumet temsilcilerinden biri "okullarda eğitim zamanı gayri-fars dilleri de kullanılıyormuş, bu kesinlikle kabul edilemez, devlet çıkarları için tehlikedir, farsca kırmızı çizgimizdir gibi bir şey sayıklamışdı. Türklerin tepkisini Hoylu imam dile getiriyor: "Memleketi bu kadar sorun bürümüş, ağanın bütün sözü bu ki, okullarda ana dillerde ders demek yasaktır. Sayın bakan, bizim ana dilimiz Türk dilidir, biz Türk dilinden başka dilde konuşmayı başarmıyoruz. Sen benim ana doğum dilime nasıl dersin yasaktır? Neden okullarda, üniversitelerde yabancı dillerde ders öğrenmeye, öğretmeye yasaktır demiyorsunuz da, ana diliyle ders öğrenmeye, öğretmeye diyorsunuz? Eğer bu gün bu bakanlık koltuğuna oturmuşsan, bu vazifeye sahipsen senin bu koltuğun Türk gençlerinin kanındandır, Türk gençlerinin şerefi, namusu, izzeti, şerafeti, şücaeti anasından Türk dilinde öğrendi ve kan verdi ve sen bu gün o koltukta oturuyorsun"

This guys nature of reporting is so obvously dictated that its almost funny. MIT backed Dostum. Guy was literally backed by coalitionm at large from the begining cause he had his militia dating back to the 80s. And isn really a nice guy, never was. Classic warlord... I mean, the war in Afghanistan is old enough to have a drving license exactly bacause of coalition dependence on men like Dostum.

This guys nature of reporting is so obvously dictated that its almost funny. MIT backed Dostum. Guy was literally backed by coalitionm at large from the begining cause he had his militia dating back to the 80s. And isn really a nice guy, never was. Classic warlord... I mean, the war in Afghanistan is old enough to have a drving license exactly bacause of coalition dependence on men like Dostum.
He changed sides a lot but now he is backed by Turkey. I see this as an attack over the Turkish interests in Afghanistan. As even Americans are talking now about negotiations with Taliban I see his return important. As we know Turkey have a lot of investments and companies working in Afghanistan. Turkey also have good relations with the Taliban. I remember several attacks that happened and on the place of attack there were Turkish soldiers or personnel. After every attack of that kind the Taliban apologized to Turkey saying that Turkey was not their target. Now as signs of peace process are more and more Turkey must take active role in this. Maybe Dostum is returning to represent Turkey's interests in that matter.

The Tomb of Hodja Ahmet Yesevi in Western Turkestan, Kazakeli/hstan.

The Turk Education in Kosova and Macedonia.

The Traditional Turkmen Dance from the Turk kids of Iraq in 22. Turkic World Children Festival.

The Çüst... The Traditional Knife of Uzbekeli/hstan.

The handle of the knife is made of Roe and Deer antler.

Last edited:
Turkey moves 1,600 tonnes historic bath house to avoid looming flooding of town
By AFP
Published: August 6, 2018
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1774706-bath-1533567001-718-640x480.jpg

Women take a selfie picture with their mobile phone as the Artuklu Hamam is loaded onto a wheeled platform an moved down a specially constructed road, on August 6, 2018. PHOTO: AFP

HASANKEYF: Turkish authorities on Monday conducted a hugely sensitive operation to move a centuries-old bath house weighing 1,600 tonnes to new location to avoid being engulfed under floodwaters by a controversial dam project.

The Artuklu Hamam bath house in the southeastern town of Hasankeyf was loaded onto a wheeled platform and then moved down a specially constructed road to a new location in a process that took several hours.

bath-2-1533567249.jpg

People gather as the Artuklu Hamam on August 6, 2018. PHOTO: AFP

Much of Hasankeyf will be under water or risk damage in the next years because of the development of the Ilisu Dam project, which aims to drastically improve energy supplies for the Kurdish-dominated southeast.
The moving of the Artuklu Hamam, which reports said is at least 650 years old, is the latest such transfer of a major historical building in the area to avoid being buried underwater.

Turkey under Erdogan: key developments

In May 2017, Turkey moved the 15th century, 1,100 tonne tomb of Zeynel Bey, a Turkic tribal leader, also on a special platform to avoid being buried by the floodwaters.

bath-3-1533567445.jpg

Soldiers stand guard as the Artuklu Hamam is loaded onto a wheeled platform an moved down a specially constructed road. PHOTO: AFP

Both historic buildings have been moved around two kilometres (over one mile) to an archaeological park being set up just outside the town.

Located on the banks of the Tigris river, Hasankeyf is home to a cluster of sites from the Roman, Byzantine, pre-Ottoman and Ottoman eras.

bath-4-1533567584.jpg

Tukish soldiers stand alert. PHOTO: AFP

Batman governor Ahmet Deniz told the state-run Anadolu news agency that the process of moving the historical objects was an example for the world.

“After the Artuklu Hamam, six more objects are going to be transferred. Hasankeyf will truly keep its historic identity. The new Hasankeyf will be a centre for tourism,” he added.

But some local activists have expressed concerns that the unique character of the town is going to be lost forever.

International Conference on Makli concludes

The Initiative to Keep Hasankeyf Alive, an NGO created in 2006 to oppose the dam project, said it will “bring destruction and losses for our region and not be beneficial for the majority of the population”.

The Ilisu project, strongly backed by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has also caused tensions with neighbouring Iraq which shares the Tigris river with Turkey and regards its waters as crucial for the arid regions where it flows.

Turkey’s ambassador to Iraq Fatih Yildiz announced in June that Ankara was putting the process of retention of water in the dam on hold, following complaints by Iraq of water shortages.

“We have shown again that was are able to put our neighbour’s needs above our own,” Yildiz said at the time.

Read more: bath house , Historical , Latest

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom