What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

They are also turks in south Punjab namely from Chaghtai tribe. Have a few frnds among them. Though they have completely assimilated with us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chughtai
Also there are large numbers mughals scattered around Punjab. Dont know about other provinces.
And can you summarize the history of turks in Kashmir. I had never heard of them. And cant really understand Turkish. And can you list the surnames they carry.

Some information ...

Azad Kashmir Turks: Girwal , Bararkot, Bheri, Lambian Pattian, Şowai, Çanjal (Pathika), Madar, Kahori, Gari Dupatta (Depotta), Sanweyari, Çinari, Karnah (Leepa – Lipa vadisi), Kohala.

Karluk Turks: Mountainous ragions in Hazara and Azad Kashmir. Turkwa AJK on https://www.facebook.com/pg/turkwaajk/about/?ref=page_internal

Babür(Mughal) Turks: Sind, Penjab, Jammu-Kashmir.

Papra (Phaphra) Turks :Pind Dadan Han, Rawalpindi, Mandu Bahauddin.

Şirvani Turks (Sarwani): Lahor

Osmani Turks: Karachi

Some information ...

Azad Kashmir Turks: Girwal , Bararkot, Bheri, Lambian Pattian, Şowai, Çanjal (Pathika), Madar, Kahori, Gari Dupatta (Depotta), Sanweyari, Çinari, Karnah (Leepa – Lipa vadisi), Kohala.

Karluk Turks: Mountainous ragions in Hazara and Azad Kashmir. Turkwa AJK on https://www.facebook.com/pg/turkwaajk/about/?ref=page_internal

Babür(Mughal) Turks: Sind, Penjab, Jammu-Kashmir.

Papra (Phaphra) Turks :Pind Dadan Han, Rawalpindi, Mandu Bahauddin.

Şirvani Turks (Sarwani): Lahor

Osmani Turks: Karachi
Am familiar with most of above. Been to many of the above places. Even have friends from some of those cities. Live in Islambad/Rawalpindi. But can they really be classified as turks after so long. They have long been assimilated. Its like holding onto something that really doesn't exist. Most probably all of them would identify as Punjabis, Sindhis, Kashmiris or Pukhtoons depending on the culture of the region than turks.
Plz dont take it the wrong way.

And are there any descendants of turks in Baluchistan? To my knowledge there aren't. Seljuks came during there conquest of Persia but they never stayed there or settled. Interested to know more.

Am familiar with most of above. Been to many of the above places. Even have friends from some of those cities. Live in Islambad/Rawalpindi. But can they really be classified as turks after so long. They have long been assimilated. Its like holding onto something that really doesn't exist. Most probably all of them would identify as Punjabis, Sindhis, Kashmiris or Pukhtoons depending on the culture of the region than turks.
Plz dont take it the wrong way.

And are there any descendants of turks in Baluchistan? To my knowledge there aren't. Seljuks came during there conquest of Persia but they never stayed there or settled. Interested to know more.

It is crystal clear what your motivation is in your post.

Given the current situation of Pakistan, and Turks' existance there; you should get rid of that motivation, and make effort contrary for more Turk existance in Pakistan.

The identity and awarness secures the existance regardless of time or momental conditions just like today's Turk Countries like Uzbekeli, Kazakeli, Azerbaijan etc. after soviet assimilation policies;so today's assimilation policy of Pakistan can not change the fact nor your motivation in the posts.

''Plz dont take it the wrong way.''

Also, Afghanistan would really suprise with respect the Turk existance as much as in Pakistan or India.

It is crystal clear what your motivation is in your post.

Given the current situation of Pakistan, and Turks' existance there; you should get rid of that motivation, and make effort contrary for more Turk existance in Pakistan.

The identity and awarness secures the existance regardless of time or momental conditions just like today's Turk Countries like Uzbekeli, Kazakeli, Azerbaijan etc. after soviet assimilation policies;so today's assimilation policy of Pakistan can not change the fact nor your motivation in the posts.

''Plz dont take it the wrong way.''
wow
That defensive?
My motivation? Care to enlighten me, because i seriously dont know about this motivation. I simply asked for your views.
Current situation? And how does having more turks solves are problems?
I asked a genuine question.
Pakistan doesnot have any assimilation policy. Never had. Its been centuries. Are you really comparing that with Soviet where turks were already in majority and a dominant culture?
And thats what i said. They dont identify as turks, they identify as Pakistanis( Punjabis or from whichever culture they are from. I say because my friends who are descendants of turks all identify as Punjabis). To identify with someone or something one needs some or any similarity between the two. And in these times none exists not in language, culture or anything else.

wow
That defensive?
My motivation? Care to enlighten me, because i seriously dont know about this motivation. I simply asked for your views.
Current situation? And how does having more turks solves are problems?
I asked a genuine question.
Pakistan doesnot have any assimilation policy. Never had. Its been centuries. Are you really comparing that with Soviet where turks were already in majority and a dominant culture?
And thats what i said. They dont identify as turks, they identify as Pakistanis( Punjabis or from whichever culture they are from. I say because my friends who are descendants of turks all identify as Punjabis). To identify with someone or something one needs some or any similarity between the two. And in these times none exists not in language, culture or anything else.

You ask a question about a subject that you say you don't have knowledge about in the very first post; and despite my answer, you make a claim in your second post based on your ''poor'' knowledge brings your motivation on the surface, also warns for baiting/trolling attempt.

No knowledge but claim sums a lot up about a person.

My apology to the readers.

You ask a question about a subject that you say you don't have knowledge about in the very first post; and despite my answer, you make a claim in your second post based on your ''poor'' knowledge brings your motivation on the surface, also warns for baiting/trolling attempt.

No knowledge but claim sums a lot up about a person.

My apology to the readers.
So Youtube videos pass as authentic knowledge these days?
Claims really?Is this Claim?
Pakistan doesnot have any assimilation policy. Never had.
They dont identify as turks, they identify as Pakistanis( Punjabis or from whichever culture they are from. I say because my friends who are descendants of turks all identify as Punjabis).
This has been my personnel experience throughout punjab, From Rahimyar khan to Islamabad. And almost all of them identify as Pakistanis. That is a fact. You can ask them yourself if you want.
And This was my question:
But can they really be classified as turks after so long?
Y did i ask this question? Because i dont c anything common with Turks. No one would.

Seeing as you are in capable of answering objectively and continuing further derail the thread i wont be responding.
Allah Hafiz and good day.

Uzbekistan decides to join ‘Turkic alliance’ during Erdogan’s visit

Uzbekistan will join the Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev said on April 30 during Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s official visit to the country.

“We have long negotiated with President Erdoğan. The Uzbekistan flag will also be among the flags in this council,” Mirziyoyev said at a joint news conference with Erdoğan.

Uzbekistan will also attend the meeting in Bishkek. This is a big, important decision,” he added.

The source:http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/uz...-turkic-alliance-during-erdogans-visit-131109

Uzbekistan and Turkey sign over 20 documents, reach agreements on investment projects for US$3 billion
mirziyoyev-erdogan-meeting0418-2.jpg

Twenty-three documents have been signed between the governments, ministries and departments of the two countries on cooperation in the economic, trade, transport, logistics, industrial, energy, scientific, educational, tourism and other spheres.

In addition, Uzbek-Turkish business forum is expected to conclude agreements worth US$3 billion on over 50 new investment projects in Tashkent.

The source: https://www.uzdaily.com/articles-id-43717.htm

Central Asia has a huge economical potential, good that Turkey invests there.
Look what the Arabs did with Oil and Gas money... i wish the same thing to our Turkic brothers wealth and power.

Azerbaijan - Oil, Gas
Turkey - Industry, Technology and mineral ressources
Uzbekistan - Gold, Gas, Uranium, Copper and other metalls.
Turkmenistan - Oil and massive Gas ressources
Kyrgyzstan - rare earth metal, Oil and Gas
Kazakhstan - Oil, Gas, Minerals, rare Metals
+
Turkic countries have THE best geostrategic positions nowdays.
Access to the mediterranean, black, agean, and caspian sea.

Enough ressources to supply Europe and East Asia / hurt the Arabs, Russians and Iranians.
A Turkic Union (like the EU) would be a real POWERHOUSE with a bright future.

Central Asia has a huge economical potential, good that Turkey invests there.
Look what the Arabs did with Oil and Gas money... i wish the same thing to our Turkic brothers wealth and power.

Azerbaijan - Oil, Gas
Turkey - Industry, Technology and mineral ressources
Uzbekistan - Gold, Gas, Uranium, Copper and other metalls.
Turkmenistan - Oil and massive Gas ressources
Kyrgyzstan - rare earth metal, Oil and Gas
Kazakhstan - Oil, Gas, Minerals, rare Metals
+
Turkic countries have THE best geostrategic positions nowdays.
Access to the mediterranean, black, agean, and caspian sea.

Enough ressources to supply Europe and East Asia / hurt the Arabs, Russians and Iranians.
A Turkic Union (like the EU) would be a real POWERHOUSE with a bright future.
The Russians are very smart :D While they've seem to support a Turkic Union they actually have a strategic plans for Eurasian Union under Russian leadership similar to the USSR. If we as a Turkic states are able to isolate the Russian influence (Note: not to halt all economic and political relations with Russia) and to act independently as Turkic states it would be awesome.

Turkey is the most Russia dependent country in Turkic Council, i don't think if we have any right to use sharp words against others, before we get rid of our own Russian dependence. Russia can just cut Turkish industry and economy in the middle, if she wills to. And after a decade, this dependence will double, if not tripple.

Back
Top Bottom