What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Would you be willing to drop Islam for Tengrism ?

Bro Orkhon alphabet is our history, our culture, our value. If any nation lose its language, Beliefs, culture it is not nation anymore. For example when i see Georgian alphabet i like because it is their own alphabet, so their culture make differences it is mean different colors makes allways wealth for humanity.

So thats why Orkhon alphabet is my dream, alphabet is nothing to do with Islam. I would like to see 3 alphabet in my country Orkhon should be official alphabet, Arabic for learn Islam and get contact with Muslim world, Latin alphabet for get connect to rest of world.

Traditional Turkic music is awesome... but that last song you posted looks so fake. With all those western beats in it it sounds so awful.

On the other hand that's my favorite Turkmen song... I don't know much about your popular music but I love that song. :D

At least 24 people - including nine children - have been killed after heavy rain triggered landslides in a remote village in Kyrgyzstan. Around 40 families living close by have been evacuated. Kyrgyzstan's president has declared Sunday a day of national mourning.

May Allah gran them Cennet.

ChhZll0WgAEGwub.jpg

What is known (by general Turkish population) about Iraqi Turkmen when it comes to language, it is said they speak the Istanbul Turkish dialect; how much this dialect differ from other Turkish dialects

What is known (by general Turkish population) about Iraqi Turkmen when it comes to language, it is said they speak the Istanbul Turkish dialect; how much this dialect differ from other Turkish dialects

lraqi Turkmens speak the Azeri dialect of Turkish and that belongs to Oghuz group so for the Turks from Anatolia, Balkans, Azerbaijan & Turkic community in lran, it's easier to understand but Azeris can understand them best probably.

You can find more information here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghuz_languages

lraqi Turkmens speak the Azeri dialect of Turkish and that belongs to Oghuz group so for the Turks from Anatolia, Balkans, Azerbaijan & Turkic community in lran, it's easier to understand but Azeris can understand them best probably.

You can find more information here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghuz_languages

But you (mainland Turkish dialects) can fluently communicate with someone speaking Iraqi Turkmen dialect?

I am considering learning the language to be able to talk to part of my family whose Arabic is bad, which is what I speak.

Last edited:
But you (mainland Turkish dialects) can fluently communicate with someone speaking Iraqi Turkmen dialect?

I am considering learning the language to be able to talk to part of my family whose Arabic is bad, which is what I speak.

You could definitely use lstanbul dialect(which is the standart dialect in Turkey) to speak with lraqi Turkmens but if you learn Azeri dialect you would be able to communicate more fluently.

Maybe some of our Azeri members can help you out with that.

You could definitely use lstanbul dialect(which is the standart dialect in Turkey) to speak with lraqi Turkmens but if you learn Azeri dialect you would be able to communicate more fluently.

Maybe some of our Azeri members can help you out with that.

Istanbul dialect more useful then since it works as well to communicate with them and is spoken by more people in the world, easier to find resources for learning

Back
Top Bottom