What's new

Turkic speaking countries might create free trade zone

I m not Khazak im Ahiska Turkish but i still can answer some of your questions.
Generaly Khazaks have a pretty neutral look to Turkey because of the soviet times and the big russian population.
But they accept themselves and us as brothers.
And with the alphabet in Khazakstan only 65-70% can even speak/write Khazak so it is even a problem to let them learn khazak but to make the alphabet more compatible would be too much of work for the khazak authorities and people.
With the military base i can tell you if it would be a Turkish base under the name Turkic alliance or something like that not but a normal Turkish military base would not be liked by most.
The most simple reason is we are more original and our identity is older then yours that is what khazak people think about Turks most of the time they think why should they be the most influental of the Turkics when khazaks/uzbeks/Türkmens and Kyrgiz are much more "pure".

Thank you. I should've picked up that you're Ahiska from your name lol.

So what I'm gathering is that the Russians still in Kazakistan basically are poisoning the view of Turkey and really keeping Kazakistan neutral due to the divide in ethnic populations?

About the more "pure" Turkish thing. I agree. However, I think, and I'd like to hear your view on this too, but doesn't it make sense that Turkey is the leader? Not only are we the most powerful by far but also Türkiye is the land of the Turks. Even though you guys are more pure, Kazakistan, refers to a certain kind of Turk. Türkmenistan refers to Türkmen Turks and so on. Azerbaijan refers to Azeri Turks. There's a reason that even in English the general term is Turkic. If not, the most original of the Turkish populations is the Uyghurs and we should be all grouped as Uyghuric (lol funny word). I don't know, maybe I'm biased.

In addition, while we're the most distant from the home land we may also be the least influenced. We've been independent for much longer and even though we've taken influence, especially linguistically and from mixing with Greeks/Arabs/Persians/etc.. so have Kazaks (Russians), Azeris (Persians), Uyghurs (Han Chinese), etc..

Also, have you been to other Turkic countries in the region? My understand is they're a little less Russian than Kazakistan so maybe they're more pro-Turkey?

The most simple reason is we are more original and our identity is older then yours that is what khazak people think about Turks most of the time they think why should they be the most influental of the Turkics when khazaks/uzbeks/Türkmens and Kyrgiz are much more "pure".

actually khazaks were turkicized mongols like some uzbeks why they think like it ? i dont understand

Thank you. I should've picked up that you're Ahiska from your name lol.

So what I'm gathering is that the Russians still in Kazakistan basically are poisoning the view of Turkey and really keeping Kazakistan neutral due to the divide in ethnic populations?

About the more "pure" Turkish thing. I agree. However, I think, and I'd like to hear your view on this too, but doesn't it make sense that Turkey is the leader? Not only are we the most powerful by far but also Türkiye is the land of the Turks. Even though you guys are more pure, Kazakistan, refers to a certain kind of Turk. Türkmenistan refers to Türkmen Turks and so on. Azerbaijan refers to Azeri Turks. There's a reason that even in English the general term is Turkic. If not, the most original of the Turkish populations is the Uyghurs and we should be all grouped as Uyghuric (lol funny word). I don't know, maybe I'm biased.

In addition, while we're the most distant from the home land we may also be the least influenced. We've been independent for much longer and even though we've taken influence, especially linguistically and from mixing with Greeks/Arabs/Persians/etc.. so have Kazaks (Russians), Azeris (Persians), Uyghurs (Han Chinese), etc..

Also, have you been to other Turkic countries in the region? My understand is they're a little less Russian than Kazakistan so maybe they're more pro-Turkey?

Well we lived in Uzbekistan before Fergana you know the rest......
I can speak about my people most of my people love Turkey over everything but are constantly dissapointed of its actions like the Uzbek/Kyrgiz conflict the conflict of Ahiska/Russians/Uzbek.

actually khazaks were turkicized mongols like some uzbeks why they think like it ? i dont understand
Because most think that they still are much purer then european looking Turks.

Well we lived in Uzbekistan before Fergana you know the rest......
I can speak about my people most of my people love Turkey over everything but are constantly dissapointed of its actions like the Uzbek/Kyrgiz conflict the conflict of Ahiska/Russians/Uzbek.

And are Özbeks more pro-Turkey than most Kazaks?

it is totally wrong old kıpchaks have blond/red hair with blue/green eyes . They must be read manas epic , already khazaks have 70 % mongolic ancestry

Just curious..how does any bilateral trade between Azerbaijan and Turkey take place? Does it involve any third country (Armenia, Georgia or Iran)?

Just curious..how does any bilateral trade between Azerbaijan and Turkey take place? Does it involve any third country (Armenia, Georgia or Iran)?

I don't understand your question.

Trade is done like any other country.
Can you be more specific.

Not Armenia but Georgia, Turkey and Azerbaijan closed borders to Armenia because of occupation of Nagorno Karabagh.

See also:
Baku

I think we can trade with the Nahçıvan exclave through a small sliver of land (Nahçıvan is inside Armenia bordering Turkey) but to trade with Azerbaijan proper we trade through Georgia (that's why Georgia recently has been getting closer and closer to the Azeris and Turkey)

No not really.
They called us Ahiska Russians so it should show you how they think about non Uzbeks.
That's really unfortunate. Not unfortunate, I used the wrong word. Stupid is the right one. You're more Turkish to me then they will ever be, Ahıska turks speak a much closer language, so screw them :)

Kyrgiz have mainly red hair.

I am yet to see a single Kirgiz with red hair. Kirgiz and Kazakhs are essentially the same people, just two different tribes (the Kazakh's are Kara Kirgiz). It's very rare to see red hair among Turkic people - it happens, but it can't be more than 5% of the population, whether Kirgiz or Kazakh, or Turkish, or Turkmen, etc.

Kazakhs are not "turkicised mongols", nor are Uzbeks. Surely, both have Mongol ancestry due to intermarriages for centuries, but that works both ways.

Turks in Turkey, the Anatolian Turks as they are known to other Turkic people, are of Oghuz Turkic stock, like Azerbaijani Turks, Ahiska (Meskheti) Turks, Turcomans of Iraq, and if we consider them separately the Karapapaks and Afshars (which is wrong as both consider themselves Azerbaijani Turkish). The Oghuz Turks are essentially Turkmens - from Turkmenistan. They do have Asiatic features/eyes. So the fact that most Turks and Azerbaijanis today do not have slanted eyes simply means that due to intermarriages with Caucasian, Semitic, Iranic, Slavic, and other peoples, the Oghuz Turks became more "European" in appearance. See, for example, old Persian poetry, before Mongols/Chingiz Khan, for proof on Turks that Persians came into contact with. Also, note the first portraits of Ottoman sultans, before their mothers became non-Turkic and thus subsequent sultans became indistinguishable from "Europeans".

Yeah, i heard something about it, i don't know if it's true or not but;

When 1990's Turks went to Middle-Asia to establish relations with Turkic states, they told Turks " You went to west with slanted eyes, come back with sky (blue) eyes. "

Back
Top Bottom