What's new

Turkic speaking countries might create free trade zone

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The issue of creating a free trade zone by Turkic speaking countries will be discussed during the Baku summit of the heads of states from Turkic speaking countries, Secretary General of the Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic-speaking countries (TURKPA) Ramil Hasanov told Trend on Saturday.

According to him, this issue is on the agenda.

"If the heads of states adopt a common decision on this issue, TURKPA will take concrete steps to legalize them," Hasanov said.

It should be noted that, the issues such as abolition of customs duties between member states of the structure, as well as the project for creation of free trade zones were discussed during the meeting of the TURKPA Commission on Economic, Trade and Financial Affairs this year.

The summit of the heads of states of TURKSOY, dedicated to the 20th anniversary of this structure, will be held in Baku on 15-16 August.

TURKPA was established in 2009, in Baku, the secretariat of the organization is also located in Baku. The secretariat of the organization is constituted of secretary general, his deputies from Turkey and Kazakhstan and an expert group.

The members of TURKPA are: Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

The main goal of TURKPA is the mutual support of Turkic-speaking countries in international organizations, exchange of experience of legislative work, preservation of the language, culture and history of the Turkic-speaking countries, the strengthening of political, economic and cultural ties between member-states of the organization.

Well i hope they do this it is positive for every of this countries.
I wished Turkmenistan wasnt so crazy (My mother is Turkmen)
And i hope Uzbekistan will find the power to apologize to the Kyrgiz and the Ahiska before that happens they ont be a member of this Council.I like Uzbeks but from a brother i want an apology for the massacre in Fergana.

Well i hope they do this it is positive for every of this countries.
I wished Turkmenistan wasnt so crazy (My mother is Turkmen)
And i hope Uzbekistan will find the power to apologize to the Kyrgiz and the Ahiska before that happens they ont be a member of this Council.I like Uzbeks but from a brother i want an apology for the massacre in Fergana.
Very strange that Uzbek and others didn't join. I like them to join and Mongolia too. First we need economic coorporation then military cooperation to be strong and protect ourselves.

Very strange that Uzbek and others didn't join. I like them to join and Mongolia too. First we need economic coorporation then military cooperation to be strong and protect ourselves.
Türkmenistan didnt join because their president is crazy and Uzbekistan couldnt join because khazakstan,Kyrgistan and Turkey wants an apology for what happened 1989-1992 first the Ahiska in Fergana and second the kyrgiz uzbek conflict.

Can you tell us how many countries are there in the world which is Turkic speaking???

Also is Turkey planning to open up Free Turkic Speaking Centers in Pakistan(all of the provinces Major Cities)

Can you tell us how many countries are there in the world which is Turkic speaking???

Also is Turkey planning to open up Free Turkic Speaking Centers in Pakistan(all of the provinces Major Cities)

There are currently 6 indepndent states. Turkey, azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Turkmenistan and uzbekistan.

There are currently 6 indepndent states. Turkey, azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Turkmenistan and uzbekistan.

I know all these languages are Turkic languages, but that's a linguistic classification and doesn't tell us much. Azeri and Anatolian Turkish are close and both parties can understand each other more or less. But can a person from Turkey understand Uzbeki and Kazakh?

For example both Persian and Pashtu are considered Iranian languages. But that is merely a linguistic classification and neither party can understand the other. A Persian speaker won't have a clue what a pashtun is talking about. I'm wondering if Anatolian Turkish and Uzbeki/kazakh is the same.

I've listened to Uzbeki music and I can understand phrases. It also doesn't sound like Anatolian Turkish AT ALL IMO. They sound totally different to my ears.

I know all these languages are Turkic languages, but that's a linguistic classification and doesn't tell us much. Azeri and Anatolian Turkish are close and both parties can understand each other more or less. But can a person from Turkey understand Uzbeki and Kazakh?

For example both Persian and Pashtu are considered Iranian languages. But that is merely a linguistic classification and neither party can understand the other. A Persian speaker won't have a clue what a pashtun is talking about. I'm wondering if Anatolian Turkish and Uzbeki/kazakh is the same.

I've listened to Uzbeki music and I can understand phrases. It also doesn't sound like Anatolian Turkish AT ALL IMO. They sound totally different to my ears.

Yes someone knows Anatolian Turkish can understand language of distant Turkic countries like Kazakhistan or Uzbekistan of course understanding percentage will be half of what we understand from Azeri Turkish but still enough to communicate.Lets say Anatolian Turkish speaker understand Azeri Turkish on %85-%90 percentage for Kazakhistan , Turkmenistan and Kırgızistan percentage will be around %50-%60.Lowest percentage probably belong to Uzbek language with %30 to %40.

Out of my own experience. Uzbek is probably the most far away from Anatolian Turkish.
I had a Uzbek colleaguem. I worked for quite a time.

Yes we could understand each other. Although it was slow and we had to listen very carefully to each other.
@Abii

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't expect a high level cooperation with Turkic states. For Erdogan being "a muslim" > "a turk" . He doesn't try to improve the relations with Tukic states like he did with muslim (arab) states.

Kyrgyz and Usbekh laguagers are hard to me to understand but because of same grammatic its very easy to learn.

Here Kyrgyz president is talking Turkish in Turkish parliament.
hes talking about creating a Turkic Union. ;)

Out of my own experience. Uzbek is probably the most far away from Anatolian Turkish.
I had a Uzbek colleaguem. I worked for quite a time.

Yes we could understand each other. Although it was slow and we had to listen very carefully to each other.
@Abii

Actually, that's not precise. The more distant dialect are Kazakh and Kyrgiz. The Uzbek can be understood around 50% - provided that the speaker speaks slowly and is from countryside (north, east and west). If the speaker is from south or from Tashkent (the capital), then indeed you won't understand much. Your colleague was probably from Tashkent.

I don't expect a high level cooperation with Turkic states. For Erdogan being "a muslim" > "a turk" . He doesn't try to improve the relations with Tukic states like he did with muslim (arab) states.

It will happen - in the past several years tremendous progress has been made that many didn't expect anymore. As all Turkic states develop economically and geopolitically, they become even more attractive to Turkey - and vice verse.

Actually, that's not precise. The more distant dialect are Kazakh and Kyrgiz. The Uzbek can be understood around 50% - provided that the speaker speaks slowly and is from countryside (north, east and west). If the speaker is from south or from Tashkent (the capital), then indeed you won't understand much. Your colleague was probably from Tashkent.

It will happen - in the past several years tremendous progress has been made that many didn't expect anymore. As all Turkic states develop economically and geopolitically, they become even more attractive to Turkey - and vice verse.

Where are you from? I think most important thing is economic relationships. We can create our own sphere of influence and others can't impose anything on us. Turkic countries have luck because they have a lot of natural resources. I think this will jump start things and you can already see energy projects between Turkey-Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan, which is basically the ancient silk-road. When the economy is there, old cultural ties will get stronger, but one thing which needs work is common language. I don't know how that is going to work.

What we're not invited to the Party ? I feel so unloved & unwanted ! :cray:

Where are you from? I think most important thing is economic relationships. We can create our own sphere of influence and others can't impose anything on us. Turkic countries have luck because they have a lot of natural resources. I think this will jump start things and you can already see energy projects between Turkey-Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan, which is basically the ancient silk-road. When the economy is there, old cultural ties will get stronger, but one thing which needs work is common language. I don't know how that is going to work.

Most of the Silk Road runs through Pakistan - And you didn't even bother to include us....I thought we were brothers ! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom