What's new

Turkey's war against Smoking !!!

If you ban Alcohol people will be directed to illegal drugs and other stuff... It is already so expensive because of this huge tax... If it was up to me, I would have just sell alcohol with cola price...

Yeah exactly. Plus high alcohol prices have led to people brewing their own alcohol... which can be dangerous. I think dozens of people died not too long ago in Turkey because of home made alcohol.

Yeah exactly. Plus high alcohol prices have led to people brewing their own alcohol... which can be dangerous. I think dozens of people died not too long ago in Turkey because of home made alcohol.

There is also the issue of alcohol going underground.

I think people dont want to ban alcohol because prohibition did not work hence why many countries did not bother doing it.

Islamic Law bans alcohol despite this ban you still have people who drink from the average citizen to the rulers themselves.

Not all rulers drank of course neither all citizens do. Alcohol just seems to be part of human life that just cant be separated despite prohibitions, restrictions and bans.

Alcohol just seems to be part of human life that just cant be separated despite prohibitions, restrictions and bans.

Yeah pretty much.

If you think about it bars, pubs, clubs and parties wouldn't exist without alcohol. In other words adult life would be quite boring without it. However it must be said that alcohol should never be used in order to alter your mood. If someone is depressed and they drink, it won't magically make them happy. Alcohol should only be used if you're in a good mood already. In which case it will amplify your happiness.

I learnt this the hard way. For 2 years of my life I went out almost every weekend but didn't really enjoy it. Nowadays I go out much less however I always have a fun time.

Which city do you live in btw?

Yeah pretty much.

If you think about it bars, pubs, clubs and parties wouldn't exist without alcohol. In other words adult life would be quite boring without it. However it must be said that alcohol should never be used in order to alter your mood. If someone is depressed and they drink, it won't magically make them happy. Alcohol should only be used if you're in a good mood already. In which case it will amplify your happiness.

I learnt this the hard way. For 2 years of my life I went out almost every weekend but didn't really enjoy it. Nowadays I go out much less however I always have a fun time.

Which city do you live in btw?

I live in Melbourne

There is a ban on smoking in Turkey ???? Coz I was in Istanbul in June and have not seen anyone who was not smoking!!!

There is a ban on smoking in Turkey ???? Coz I was in Istanbul in June and have not seen anyone who was not smoking!!!
The smoking number dramaticly downed on last decade, compared to people were smoking like a crayz at old Turkey.

If somebody drink alcohol they have to be exclusive from health insuarance provided by Turkish state. I dont want to afford treatment cost for people with health problem derived from alcohol by my taxes.

The smoking number dramaticly downed on last decade, compared to people were smoking like a crayz at old Turkey.

If somebody drink alcohol they have to be exclusive from health insuarance provided by Turkish state. I dont want to afford treatment cost for people with health problem derived from alcohol by my taxes.
I agree with you. But of course, than goverment should spend all this huge tax money came from alcohol to Its citizents that drink alcohol. Do you wanna hear a funny thing? This huge tax money would be more than enough to take care of the health problems of all alcohol drinking Turks. It's biggest tax source of Turkish state after all. That and brothels of course.

Last edited:
I agree with you. But of course, than goverment should spend all this huge tax money came from alcohol to Its citizents that drink alcohol. Do you wanna hear a funny thing? This huge tax money would be more than enough to take care of the health problems of all alcohol drinking Turks. It's biggest tax source of Turkish state after all. That and brothels of course.

Do you have any scientific study showing how much collected from alcohol taxing, how much spend for treatment?? What you feeling about it doesnt matter, statistical studies could indicate something real.
And science says different, there are tens direct and indirect harmful side effect to health and social order of alcohol.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180809093453.htm

Smoking alright, but let people drink. Limited alcohol is actually good for your health.

Do you have any scientific study showing how much collected from alcohol taxing, how much spend for treatment?? What you feeling about it doesnt matter, statistical studies could indicate something real.
And science says different, there are tens direct and indirect harmful side effect to health and social order of alcohol.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180809093453.htm
Well, actually It does matter how I feel, because even an idiot can see how huge this tax. Just Compare alcohol taxes around the world, and you can see it yourself. So dont try to manipulete what I said.
And do you believe high alcohol prices good for socialty? Read that; https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-taxes-prompt-turkish-home-brew-idUSKCN1UI14A

This 23 people and their families wont agree with you. Btw, all newspapers can call it ''accident'' I will call it ''murder''.

Last edited:
Well, actually It does matter how I feel, because even an idiot can see how huge this tax. Just Compare alcohol taxes around the world, and you can see it yourself. So dont try to manipulete what I said.
And do you believe high alcohol prices good for socialty? Read that; https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-taxes-prompt-turkish-home-brew-idUSKCN1UI14A

This 23 people and their families wont agree with you. Btw, all newspapers can call it ''accident'' I will call it ''murder''.

Neither accident nor murder. it is :cuckoo: :suicide2:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom