What's new

Turkey's war against Smoking !!!

Do i have to afford the health insuarance cost of drunk people ?? Dont drink alcohol if you not have enough income..

smoke1.jpg
smoke2.jpg
smoke3.jpg
smoke4.jpg
Turkey marks a decade of a revolutionary smoking ban, Health Ministry figures show more than 2.5 million people sought to quit smoking through clinics set up for smoking addicts.

Clinics opened in the early 2000s, increased in number in recent years, especially after the 2009 indoors smoking ban. Nicotine addicts sought help in 502 clinics across the country. However, no concrete figures are available on how many people permanently quit smoking after receiving assistance at clinics. Clinics also offer free medication to smokers to kick the habit.

Smoking, among the leading causes of deaths in the world, kills more than 7 million people every year through the diseases it causes. About 1.8 million people are diagnosed with smoking-related lung cancer every year.

Turkey introduced a nationwide indoor smoking ban in 2009 at restaurants, bars and similar establishments and gradually extended its reach to other enclosed spaces over the years. Still, smoking is prevalent in the nation whose habit saw the coining of the infamous phrase "smoking like a Turk." Another source of concern is passive smoking which experts say causes diseases, like leukemia and liver cancer as well as increases the risk of lung cancer

Turkish authorities have stepped up inspections against the violation of the smoking ban in the recent year. Some 1,500 teams of inspectors inspected businesses and public buildings every day around the country against the violation of the smoking ban. The Health Ministry also set up a hotline for citizens to report violations while an app called "Green Detector" allows users to immediately notify authorities against violations. Since 2009, teams carried out more than 22.8 million inspections.

Apart from clinics, the Health Ministry also offers advice to those trying to quit, through a hotline set up in 2010. The hotline receives about 5,000 calls every day from smokers. A ministry website also gives tips on how to quit smoking and allows users to calculate how much money they can save by not buying cigarettes.

Figures indicate that after the smoking ban, the prevalence of smokers decreased. Increased taxes on cigarettes and free medical treatment for smokers also aided a decline in the habit. Still, authorities are determined to stamp out smoking, which still prevails among the young and kills more than 100,000 people every year due to diseases linked to smoking. The smoking rate was 31.6 percent in 2016, according to the latest available data, a decline from 32.5 percent in 2014. Turkey also introduced a new regulation earlier this year for plain packaging to deter would-be smokers in particular. Under the regulation, which will be fully in force next year, packages of tobacco products will no longer bear the oversized logos, symbols or signs belonging to the brands save for fine print for each. Instead, cigarette packs will be largely covered by health warnings about the dangers of smoking.

https://www.dailysabah.com/turkey/2019/07/18/over-25-million-people-sought-to-quit-smoking

BOOOOOO!? Lies-smoking has never been shown to cause lung cancer. In fact Prof.Schrauzer,a bio organic chemist told a Congressional Committee in 1982 that "no ingredient of cigarette smoke has been shown to cause cancer and that nobody reproduced cancer in lab animals from tobacco smoke."

The worlds oldest humans generally smoke: . Born July 7 1888 Jose Aguineldo dos Santos has smoked for most of his adult life of well over a century as a labourer in Sao Paolo,Brazil.

A heavy smoker – whose documents appear to make him the oldest person to have ever lived – has died at 146, his family have revealed. Indonesian Sodimedjo, who was also known as Mbah Ghoto or “Grandpa Ghoto”, was born in December 1870, according to his papers

Jean Calment died at 122!

Also "Professor Sterling of the Simon Fraser University in Canada is perhaps closest to the truth, where he uses research papers to reason that smoking promotes the formation of a thin mucous layer in the lungs, "which forms a protective layer stopping any cancer-carrying particles from entering the lung tissue."
http://www.sott.net/article/226999-Smoking-Helps-Protect-Against-Lung-Cancer

I don't blame you guys-you've been exposed to fraud,the fake stats and the horror pix of lung cancer without ever asking is it all real?

“Dr. Duane Carr – Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, said this: “Smoking does not discolor the lung.”
Dr. Victor Buhler, Pathologist at St. Joseph Hospital in Kansas City: “I have examined thousands of lungs both grossly and microscopically. I cannot tell you from exmining a lung whether or not its former host had smoked.”
Dr. Sheldon Sommers, Pathologist and Director of Laboratories at Lenox Hill Hospital, in New York: “…it is not possible grossly or microscopically, or in any other way known to me, to distinguish between the lung of a smoker or a nonsmoker. Blackening of lungs is from carbon particles, and smoking tobacco does not introduce carbon particles into the lung.”
And Brigitte even found a Youtube video:
There is even this (in German) in which a forensic medic states that these “tar” lungs do not exist.
Rich White’s Smoke Screens reports the same:
This was confirmed by Dr Jan Zeldenrust, a Dutch pathologist for the Government of Holland from 1951 – 1984. In a television interview in the 1980’s he stated that, translated from Dutch, “I could never see on a pair of lungs if they belonged to a smoker or non-smoker. I can see clearly the difference between sick and healthy lungs. The only black lungs I’ve seen are from peat-workers and coal miners, never from smokers”.

Never accept things at face value even from so called 'experts'. Ask questions and learn to do your own study. A final thought on the 'smokers lungs' you see in every anti smoking picture:THEY'RE SPECIALLY TREATED PIGS LUNGS!!? If smoking were truly so dangerous why is that necessary??

"The inflatable swine lungs have been stained realistically and then specially preserved by the BioFlex odorless, nontoxic process that retains the texture and elasticity of fresh lungs. The lungs dramatically and unforgettably demonstrate the effects of prolonged smoking. A palpable simulated internal tumor and a physical simulated external tumor encourage students to feel the texture of the lungs, and to remember that smoking is a known cause of lung cancer.
So firstly they’re pig lungs. And secondly they’ve been preserved and stained realistically. And simulated internal and external tumours have been added. And all to demonstrate the effects of prolonged smoking! It beggars belief.
No doubt the students aren’t told any of this, and are led to believe that they’re looking at real human ‘smokers’ lungs’.

There are even discussions of the effectiveness of such imagery.
Marketing researchers at the University of Arkansas, Villanova University and Marquette University surveyed more than 500 U.S. and Canadian smokers and found that the highly graphic images of the negative consequences of smoking have the greatest impact on smokers’ intentions to quit. The most graphic images, such as those showing severe mouth diseases, including disfigured, blackened and cancerous tissue, evoked fear about the consequences of smoking and thus influenced consumer intentions to quit."
http://cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/the-black-lung-lie/

Don't believe me-do your own research!

Smoking causes cancer. This is well proven fact. Not just lung cancer. Smoking is related with a lot of cancers. For example it raises risc of leuchemia too. There are non-proven cancers too but only cancer that is proven to be not caused with smoking is thyroid cancers. All other cancers are proven to have connection with smoking or there is not enough proof to correlate it with smoking or not smoking.

Smoking does not effect everyone the same. People who have immune system problems which causes autoiimune diseases are more likely to get asthma, chronicle obstrective lung disease, limb loss because of vasculer system damage. It does not mean if you are not atopic you will not get these. But atopic people have lower cancer risk and they die because of other things.

Cometee reports in USA about cancer-smoking relations are generally ordered by tabacco firms. Lawsuits about tabacco in USA is pretty famous.

I smoke a lot of cigarettes but even I do not say it is harmless. It is one of the worst addictions that you might have. So; stop spreading wrong information which might harm people.

You can not proove something with some old people smoking cigarettes and definetly you can not say "look they are old, smoking and lived enough to reach this age". You can not say that by being blind to all deaths caused by smoking.

Radiation definetly gives you cancer and I had really high local dose of X-Rays in an accident nearly a decade ago. Even burns took years to heal and they are not completly healed. I do not have cancer, so radiation must be safe! Can we say that? NO! Can we advocate people to get into highly radiated places? NO! Can we forget all radiation security protocols in hospitals and give patients extreme doses without thinking because I am alright? F*ing NO!

What if someone says "i don't want to pay TRT taxes, i don't even watch TV" or a atheist and non Muslim says "i don't want to pay taxes for Diyanet because i'm not a Muslim". Do you guys read that bs you spread here?

We have these things here in Austria too, do you actually now how many people left the church, cuz they don't want to pay Church taxes? Nothing you want in Türkiye, believe me. :)

Guys you are acting like 5 year olds. I am sorry for saying that but this is an obvious fact that any sane person can not deny.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom