What's new

Turkey to Bangladesh: Open your doors to Rohingya Muslims, we'll cover all expenses

Over 1 lakh Rohingyas flee to Bangladesh
Indonesian FM arrives today
Mohiuddin Alamgir with Mohammad Nurul Islam in Cox’s Bazar | Published: 00:25, Sep 05,2017 | Updated: 00:29, Sep 05,2017
23301_125.jpg

An Indian student activist writes posters for a rally against the Myanmar government to protest against the treatment of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, next to a picture of Myanmar’s civilian leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, in Kolkata on Monday. — AFP photo

The number of Rohingyas fleeing to Bangladesh to save life crossed one lakh on Monday and thousands remained stranded along the border as violence, erupted on August 25, in Rakhine state in Myanmar escalated

Escalation of violence forced aid groups in Myanmar to suspend their humanitarian operations from Saturday amid United Nations’ call for restraint and calm in Rakhine state, cautioning that the situation might otherwise lead to a humanitarian catastrophe.

The ongoing violence erupted on August 25, when Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army reportedly attacked at least two dozen different police posts and checkpoints and one military base across three townships in northern Rakhine state and the Burma Army launched ‘clearance operations,’ left at least 400 people dead.

The insurgent group, later, said that they launched the attacks to pre-empt possible attacks by army and security forces on Rohingyas.

Over one lakh Rohingyas entered Bangladesh fleeing persecution in their homeland Rakhine state amid the ongoing violence and Bangladesh continued struggling to manage such influx, local administrators said on Monday.
Cox’s Bazar deputy commissioner Ali Hossain said
that estimation based on information provided by humanitarian agencies showed that nearly one lakh Myanmar citizen had entered the district.

A top official in Bandarban said that 10,000-12,000 Rohingyas entered the district.
Bandarban deputy commissioner Dilip Kumar Banik however, said that they had no estimation of Myanmar citizens entering the country.

They said that they did not have information how many Rohingyas were stranded along the border.
‘Bangladesh is struggling to cope with influx. Different humanitarian agencies are providing help to the newcomer Rohingyas but that is too little compare to the need,’ Ali Hossain said.
Many of these Myanmar citizens, including children, women and elderly people, were suffering from food, shelter and medicine crisis, he said.

The newcomers are building makeshift shelters in reserved forests in adjacent areas of Kutupalang and Balukhali Rohingya camps, he said.

‘We are not stopping them or taking the makeshift camps down on humanitarian grounds,’ he added.
Bangladesh Coast Guard detained 2,011 Rohingyas from Saint Martin’s island on Sunday, said Ali Hossain, adding that all were brought to safe place in Cox’s Bazar town. Of the detained 1,266 were children, 487 women and 258 male.

Reuters reported that two blasts rocked a Myanmar area near Bangladesh border on Monday, accompanied by the sound of gunfire and thick black smoke.

Border Guard Bangladesh said that a Rohingya woman lost a leg from a blast about 50 metres inside Myanmar and she was carried into Bangladesh for treatment. Reuters reporters heard explosions and saw a black smoke rising near a Myanmar village.

A Rohingya ‘refugee’ who went to the site of the blast––on a footpath near where civilians fleeing violence huddled in no man’s land––filmed what appeared to be a mine: a metal disc about 10 centimetres (3.94 inches) in diameter partially buried in the mud. He said that he believed there were two more such devices buried in the ground.

Two ‘refugees’ also told Reuters they saw members of the Myanmar army around the site in the immediate period preceding the blasts at about 2:25pm.

The spokesman for Myanmar’s national leader Aung San Suu Kyi, Zaw Htay, said that a clarification was needed to determine ‘where did it explode, who can go there and who laid those land mines. Who can surely say those mines were not laid by the terrorists?’

Earlier on Saturday bodies of Rohingya couple Jaker Ullah and Ayesha Begum were found near Tumbroo border. Local people and Rohingays said both were bullet injured and they went inside Mynamanr to collect their belonging.
Border guard battalion-34 commanding officer Manjurul Hassan Khan said that the bodies were found on the zero point.

New York-based rights organisation Human Rights Watch on Monday said that new satellite imagery showed several hundred buildings burned in Rakhine state.
Imagery from the Rohingya Muslim village of Chein Khar Li in Rathedaung township showed 700 buildings burned, a near total destruction of the village, said the rights group.

Myanmar officials blamed Rohingya insurgents for the burning of homes and death of civilians but rights monitors and Rohingyas fleeing to Bangladesh said that the Myanmar army was trying to force Rohingyas out with a campaign of arson and killings.
UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in its weekly regional humanitarian snapshot on Asia and the Pacific on Monday showed that as of September 3, about 87,000 Rohingyas crossed from Myanmar into Cox’s Bazar following violence.

UN refugee agency UNHCR Bangladesh in a post on its website on Monday said that large groups of Rohingyas had been crossing into Ukhiya and Teknaf areas of south-eastern Bangladesh bordering Myanmar. Many were seen wading through vast paddy fields and making their way to the nearby villages carrying whatever they could salvage from their homes.

Kutupalong camp received about 20,000 new arrivals in 10 days. Another camp, Nayapara, received an estimated 6,500. Other new arrivals were scattered in makeshift shanties and local villages.
‘This is a true crisis,’ said refugee relief and repatriation commissioner in Cox’s Bazar Mohammad Abul Kalam. ‘The number of people has more than doubled in the camps. Kutupalong camp is beyond capacity. Every family has taken in new arrivals, every available space is occupied. I’m not sure how long we can sustain this.’

Body of one more Rohingya woman who was fleeing violence in Myanmar was found floating in the Naf River at Teknaf. With this one local and different Bangladesh forces recovered 54 bodies of Rohingyas in the past seven days from the river.

Leaders of registered and unregistered Rohingya camps in Bangladesh said that Rohingyas were taking the sea route boarding wooden boats in a desperate move to reach Bangladesh to save life.
Reuters reported that nearly 90,000 Rohingyas had fled to Bangladesh in 10 days, pressuring scarce resources of aid agencies and communities already helping hundreds of thousands of refugees from previous spasms of violence in Myanmar.

Indonesian foreign minister Retno Marsudi met Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi and other officials on Monday to urge a halt to the violence.
Suu Kyi’s office said that Marsudi expressed the Indonesian government’s ‘support of the activities of the Myanmar government for the stability, peace and development of Rakhine state.’

They also discussed humanitarian aid and the two countries would collaborate for the development of the state, Suu Kyi’s office said without giving further details.
Retno Marsudi is also scheduled to travel to Bangladesh to urge authorities to protect Rohingya refugees.

There were more anti-Myanmar protests in Jakarta on Monday. Indonesia has the world’s largest Muslim population.

Pakistan, which has a large number of Rohingyas living there, on Sunday urged ‘authorities in Myanmar to investigate reports of massacre, hold those involved accountable and take necessary measures to protect the rights of Rohingya Muslims.’
http://www.newagebd.net/article/23301/over-1-lakh-rohingyas-flee-to-bangladesh

Erdogan Says World Remains ‘Indifferent’ to Violence Against Muslims in Myanmar
SAM Report, September 5, 2017
erdugan.jpg

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday the world “stayed indifferent” to “mass killings” of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, adding that he had discussed the issue with the leaders of around 20 countries of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).

“I have already discussed this [Rohingya crisis] with around 20 leaders of the OIC countries… On September 19, we will raise this issue at the United Nations General Assembly and will discuss it with global leaders. Unfortunately, mass killings of the Muslims have taken place in Myanmar. But the world stayed indifferent to this,” Erdogan told journalists.

Almost 400 people have reportedly died in clashes between the country’s security forces and Rohingya Muslims. According to the authorities, those killed included 370 Rohingya, 13 members of Myanmar’s security forces, two government officials and 14 civilians. The violence provoked sharp criticism from the international community.

On Friday, Erdogan strongly criticized global media for insufficient coverage of the violence against Rohingya and called the situation a genocide against the Muslims.

In late August, Muslim insurgents of Rohingya origin attacked security posts in the state of Rakhine. The attacks prompted a harsh response from Myanmar’s authorities, with the ongoing clashes between Burmese armed forces and Muslim insurgents killing hundreds of people and forcing thousands to flee their homes.

Rakhine is a site of frequent clashes between Myanmar’s Muslims and Buddhists. The conflict that started about a century ago has gradually escalated since 2011 before hitting its peak in 2012, when thousands of Muslim families sought asylum in the special refugee camps on the country’s territory or fled to Bangladesh. Yet another escalation started in 2016.

Open your doors to Rohingya Muslims, we’ll bear their expenses: Turkey tells Bangladesh
Turkey’s foreign minister has urged Bangladesh to open its doors for Rohingya Muslims fleeing violence in Myanmar’s western Rakhine state and offered to bear their expenses.

Mevlut Cavusoglu was speaking at an event held on Friday in connection with Eidul Azha in the Mediterranean province of Antalya, Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

Cavusoglu said if Bangladesh opened its doors for Rohingya Muslims fleeing Myanmar, Turkey was ready to cover their expenses.

“We have also mobilised the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation. We will hold a summit on Arakan [Rakhine state] this year. We need to find a decisive solution to this problem,” he added.

Cavusoglu also spoke on the phone with former UN Secretary General and the head of the Advisory Commission on Rakhine, Kofi Annan, on Friday.

Violence erupted in Myanmar’s Rakhine state on August 25 when the country’s security forces launched an operation against the Rohingya Muslim community. It triggered a fresh influx of refugees towards the neighbouring Bangladesh, though the country sealed off its border to refugees.

According to media reports, Myanmar security forces used disproportionate force, displacing thousands of Rohingya villagers and destroying their homes with mortars and machine guns.

The region has seen simmering tension between its Buddhist and Muslim populations since communal violence broke out in 2012.

A security crackdown launched last October in Maungdaw, where Rohingya make up the majority, led to a UN report on human rights violations by security forces that indicated crimes against humanity.

The UN documented mass gang-rape, killings – including infants and young children – brutal beatings, and disappearances. Rohingya representatives have said approximately 400 people have been slain during the crackdown.
SOURCE SPUTNIK/EXPRESS TRIBUNE
http://southasianmonitor.com/2017/0...remains-indifferent-violence-muslims-myanmar/

21231307_1958696291020127_2736631672747322695_n.jpg

Muslims have been dehumanized. That doesn't mean they are always victim, there should be effort by us to make sure we get facts and judge fairly for every situation. In this specific situation, it shouldn't be hard to tell who is the victim here. The rohingya's seeming to be collectively punished for something or just ethnically cleansed.

Dear Falcon the thing in my mind far as Muslims are concerned as a whole is that there are guerrilla wars going on in a few Arab countries (as always). And apart from a few white poster boys most of the participants are Arabs (no surprise here either). Then why is it that the whole Muslim world gets a bad rep? I mean there is Indonesia, Malaysia... heck even in Pakistan terrorism has gone down by a significant % and we observe almost no attacks these days. Our government is committed to IBOs against terrorists and is on the offensive at least internally.

Now coming to the point western nations and their people are engaged in a vicious propaganda cycle against Muslims despite knowing the facts on the ground. The fact that it's their governments in bed with the terrorists or should I say "moderate rebels". My point is just because a few thousand of a specific race/ethnicity commit vicious attacks does not give them any right to extrapolate that to the whole Muslims world. I mean duh there are billions of Muslims around the world.

The fact that this whole situation stops us from helping even the oppressed Muslims makes me absolutely mad. And to be truthful being a Muslim today almost amounts to being a cuck. Most of the Muslim countries do not have that advanced of tech as compared to western countries and we mostly depend on them for complex or intricate solutions. We are also not very well protected as evident by the whole situation around us. Basically, we are sitting ducks and an embarrassment for the Muslims nations that actually have their stuff going in the right direction aka Iran or Turkey. Oh and please don't even take the name of KSA in front of me I might end posting a pic of fat fuking cunt whom they have sent to our country for training purposes. I mean really!... and then you rant Houthis aren't kicking your lazy arses.

I realize my reply is not well put together. You can chastise me for that.

Regards

Dear Falcon the thing in my mind far as Muslims are concerned as a whole is that there are guerrilla wars going on in a few Arab countries (as always). And apart from a few white poster boys most of the participants are Arabs (no surprise here either). Then why is it that the whole Muslim world gets a bad rep? I mean there is Indonesia, Malaysia... heck even in Pakistan terrorism has gone down by a significant % and we observe almost no attacks these days. Our government is committed to IBOs against terrorists and is on the offensive at least internally.

That's more to do the way some Westerners associate Arabs with the color brown, and they see other brown people as the same. Also that there interests in the Middle East, it is reported more often thus people are critical of people that they really have nothing in relation to or are affected by them. No one is reporting on civil strife in anything below North Africa and Middle East. Even if atrocities are taking place, there is no attention on them so those people won't be criticized or be associated with violence. Due to Western interest in the Middle East, they have important allies and interests there, there is coverage on all conflicts there and some people with time like to criticize them.

Islam is not popular not because of Arabs, mostly because of world modernization and cultural shift taking place. People are moving away from religion. You have to also understand those people on the internet are mostly trolls or frustrated people with nothing going on their lives and don't take them seriously. They are people with issues. Normal people are not commenting all the time on Youtube with such comments.

Now coming to the point western nations and their people are engaged in a vicious propaganda cycle against Muslims despite knowing the facts on the ground. The fact that it's their governments in bed with the terrorists or should I say "moderate rebels". My point is just because a few thousand of a specific race/ethnicity commit vicious attacks does not give them any right to extrapolate that to the whole Muslims world. I mean duh there are billions of Muslims around the world.

The fact that this whole situation stops us from helping even the oppressed Muslims makes me absolutely mad. And to be truthful being a Muslim today almost amounts to being a cuck. Most of the Muslim countries do not have that advanced of tech as compared to western countries and we mostly depend on them for complex or intricate solutions. We are also not very well protected as evident by the whole situation around us. Basically, we are sitting ducks and an embarrassment for the Muslims nations that actually have their stuff going in the right direction aka Iran or Turkey. Oh and please don't even take the name of KSA in front of me I might end posting a pic of fat fuking cunt whom they have sent to our country for training purposes. I mean really!... and then you rant Houthis aren't kicking your lazy arses.

I realize my reply is not well put together. You can chastise me for that.

Regards

Buddy feel free to let out what you want. :D

You are going all over the place, but if I understand correctly, you want a prosperous and professional Muslim world. Let me tell, we are on different pages. I want them, but if being 'professional' means there is injustice and ulterior motives all over the place, I don't identify that and that's not what I envision. Unfortunately man don't take this is an insult, but you are like the typical person with typical thinking. I want to move you guys away from this common way of thinking. Muslims are not like the common people, in the sense we can't just let nature play itself out. By this I mean, every government in the region has their own ulterior motives which they try presenting with pan-cultural or religious overtones, doing this they are deceiving people. And the people who aren't deceived, are insulted or forced to play along. Muslim people are not supposed to promote this kind of behavior or embrace it. Because it's unlawful. You may say well that is how politics works, yes it is.

Politics is really something immoral that I would not want to be associated with. No genuinely good person will agree to rule a country if he/she is a God fearing person that knows what harm to people they could be contributing to. Thus this is why I don't embrace any government in the region. I don't look up to any of them as a role model. Unless I was looking from efficiency perspective like you are. To me I am concerned with ethics today as the region is unethical mess. I would prefer we change our values on an individual to individual basis.

So really to achieve that level of ethics we need as a people in my opinion, you have to give up inclinations you have towards any government or sect or party or movement in the region. If you have really strong inclinations preventing you from being able to call right from wrong, then you need to look inward. That is an ethical crisis. And it must reflect on ones personality. If someone is promoting an agenda of one specific government they have attachment to, and claim it is morally superior when it isn't, then this person must have some issues as a person. Probably not a trustworthy, sincere or honest person. Probably does people wrong, likely lacks some manners, etc....

We need to work on ethics on a personal level, since masses of individuals have enabled this state we have today. And that makes it clear it is an individual problem, there are character flaws that need to be addressed. I want people to be ethical, and Islam and personal life experiences have pushed me to push for that. The first thing people and Allah(SWT) saw in the Prophet Mohammed(SAW) was his ethics. There was no Islam when he was young, he could not differentiate himself with a different ideology or culture. He was recognized as different to his superior ethics. He did not gain popularity out of that or a social status, on contrary it caused him to suffer and gain nothing. Yet he stuck with that character until he reached age of 40 where God declared him ethically superior, rewarded him and forgave him for everything, and began his mission.

His time was no different than our time, except that God is not intervening to our knowledge anytime soon. But, like back then, being ethical isn't really rewarded. Being professional and following the trend is. I have to yet see a a just politician that is fair on every matter. And of course among normal people, they are not going to aspire to be ethical. You gain nothing out, especially if you get into politics. Now as Muslims, we are supposed to be a a unique people that strives against the not so pretty nature of the world. Thus all I am telling you guys is to try, even a little bit, to give ethical stances at least in politics. Your personal life don't stress out much and try to be overly good, everyone has enough on their shoulders.

As for Arab's, the Arab world is an emergency state right now even if it doesn't seem like it on the surface. Governments focus are all on internal security. What you publish nowadays can make government suspicious of you too. These gov't's don't care for their own people let alone anyone else.
Well, this is going to explode badly :enjoy:

If bangladesh did it.
no matter bangladesh will be a great nation as compare to arabs,in the history of islam.
Pakistan is the top on it.
Lol

India cant handle Pakistani let alone the Coalition of 30+ Muslims countries Under Pakistan's nuclear ambrela

There is No Muslim coalition.The greatest joke currently made by some brain dead people is that there exists some kind of "Muslim ummah".The Islamic world is divided by sects,etnicicity, language,culture etc

Lol

There is No Muslim coalition.The greatest joke currently made by some brain dead people is that there exists some kind of "Muslim ummah".The Islamic world is divided by sects,etnicicity, language,culture etc
i dont agree with you

I request Bangladeshi people that

Guys!!! Rohingya are in need of your help since you are the closest. You're a large country and the total Rohingya population is less an 1% of your population.

Pakistan has been hosting Afghan refugees for over 3 decades and currently #2 (we have been number #1 for many decades) after Turkey for the highest number of refugees.

If you open your doors to our brothers in need, we can share the economic burden.
Who is we? Pakistan is definitely not a part of that. No official statement

All countries especially the Muslim countries need to raise this issue. Can we not raise our voice against banana shit hole of Burma?
So JF-17 sale is still on?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom