What's new

Turkey to Bangladesh: Open your doors to Rohingya Muslims, we'll cover all expenses

There's a reason why I do not trust the Chinese. I don't like them. Bangladesh doesn't have any 'true friends'.

Is that you loki? One of the few that truly gets it.

But most of your compatriots rather cling to China taking a firm side here between MM and BD....and that side being BD (against the tide of evidence of how China continues to support MM immensely where it counts). Apparently BD is some super dooper 1+ trillion USD market for China to clearly pick over impoverished Myanmar.

I mean the trade figures say it all don't they?:

China - BD total trade 2016 = 15.2 billion USD
China -MM total trade 2016 = 12.3 billion USD (MM has more than 3 times less the people than BD)

As far as I can see, China also invests into Myanmar in a realised way much higher than it does in BD (which posters here use projected MOU instead of realised flows to divert from reality).

Refugees drop their donations for Rohingya Muslims on a rug after they leave the mosque at the camp in southern city of Hatay.
For refugees, by refugees: Syrians donate to Rohingya Muslims
Turkey launches nationwide aid campaign for Rohingya

For time being a solution can be for the new refugees to settle them on Chittagong hill tracts and alter the demography there. It will help Bangladesh in the long run from hill secessionists.

For time being a solution can be for the new refugees to settle them on Chittagong hill tracts and alter the demography there. It will help Bangladesh in the long run from hill secessionists.
Thats actually a good suggestion. If we're going to settle them somewhere then Hill tracts it should be. Although the people there is going to protest but in the long term it would work fine.

Thats actually a good suggestion. If we're going to settle them somewhere then Hill tracts it should be. Although the people there is going to protest but in the long term it would work fine.
That would backfire against the government though and the long term peace in the region. The Hill Tribes do not want any more settlers and the treaty we have with them abides by that principle. We shouldn't settle the Rohingya here permanently, and rather work to rehabilitate them to Northern Rakhine. But, as for the time being, we should take whoever is escaping Burma in, and provide them temporary shelter. They could return to Northern Rakhine when Burma recognizes them as citizens, or in a more positive case, they gain their own country.

i think UN need build a nation for world all refugee. they can live there peacefully. that nations president should be selected Ershad. becoz long time he is out of power.

Turkish-Iran Sent Food & Money for Rohingya People
photo.jpg

Defense Update Bangladesh
Published on Sep 12, 2017
Turkey sending huge aid to help Rohingya Muslim. Emergency food, medicines and other needed relief goods are coming from Turkey, Iran, Qatar, Malaysia and also from Indonesia. All Muslim countries trying to solve the Rohingya People crisis along with Bangladesh. The Rohingya peoples are the ethnicity of Bengali nation who speaks mainly a dialect of Chittagong region. They’re living in the Arakan state (now rakhine state) for hundreds of years. But burmese junta government started an ethnic cleansing mission against these innocent peoples. Turkish first lady Emine Erdogan visited the Rohingya Peoples’ refugee camps and distributed aid goods. She assert Bangladesh government to arrange for lands to build shelters for these refugees. Turkey will bear all the costs for building shelters. International community working to collect and send more aid to the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh. Almost 5 lakhs Rohingya Muslims are now taking refuge in Bangladesh mainly in the cox bazar, Teknaf and adjacent areas. Bangladesh government facing hurdles to manage and fed those huge refugee peoples.

They could return to Northern Rakhine when Burma recognizes them as citizens, or in a more positive case, they gain their own country.

Both are never going to happen.

They are stuck with you. Give them Bangladeshi ID/citizenship (like you did to Biharis) and integrate them (before they start to really resent you lot a great deal too). Get your oil-rich ummah to help with the costs of that.

Is that you loki? One of the few that truly gets it.

Indeed it is truly I.

But most of your compatriots rather cling to China taking a firm side here between MM and BD....and that side being BD (against the tide of evidence of how China continues to support MM immensely where it counts). Apparently BD is some super dooper 1+ trillion USD market for China to clearly pick over impoverished Myanmar.

I mean the trade figures say it all don't they?:

China - BD total trade 2016 = 15.2 billion USD
China -MM total trade 2016 = 12.3 billion USD (MM has more than 3 times less the people than BD)

As far as I can see, China also invests into Myanmar in a realised way much higher than it does in BD (which posters here use projected MOU instead of realised flows to divert from reality).

Burma, or more specifically Rakhine has many significant resources. Most notably titanium - A very valuable resource. China has made a lot of investments there. There are tax-free special economic zones just for them.

If we look at the bigger picture, China wants control of South and South East Asia. They want to control as many routes as possible should any conflict with the US surface. They don't care about the ethnic divisions in Burma. But if you ask me, it is unwise to invest in a war zone. That country has witnessed raging ethnic conflicts for generations. Risky investments...

Those big loans from China, I'd think twice. Coming to think of it, they really don't have many friends. They are just client states really. Are they really that naive?

Coming back to Bangladesh, it doesn't have any real friends. To date, not a single major Asian had sided with Bangladesh. My only advise to my compatriots (particularly the anti-India types) is to keep your friends close and your enemies closer and be mindful with whom you make friends with.

Turkeys help is great but it is a drop in the ocean. Rohingyas will be in BD long after the media spotlight moves on.

It is time to arm the rohingyas. There is no reason to remain passive against Myanmar. Put the army on the zero line. Allow rohingya to cross .... shoot Burmese animals on sight...

Neither India nor china would do anything to assist Myanmar

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom