What's new

Turkey threatens military action as refugees pour in

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey threatens military action as refugees pour in

6311778.bin

Turkey threatened to launch a military incursion into northern Syria Thursday after refugees fleeing alleged massacres by pro-Assad forces poured across its frontiers.

The warning came as the Arab Red Crescent predicted that as many as 500,000 Syrian civilians could seek refuge in Turkey as government forces widened its recent offensive in the border province of Idlib, a stronghold of the rebel Free Syrian Army.

Turkey has said in the past that a fresh surge of refugees would make it necessary to create a safe area within Syrian territory to protect civilians. Besir Atalay, Turkey's deputy prime minister, said the move, which was considered but rejected last year, was again being contemplated.

Giving impetus to renewed calls for some kind of limited military intervention, Syrian human rights activists claimed that 23 mutilated corpses had been discovered near the city of Idlib, which fell to President Bashar Assad's forces earlier this week.

The victims, who had been blindfolded and handcuffed before being shot, bore the marks of "extreme torture," the U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

The killings were the latest in a series of alleged atrocities that have seen dozens of civilians, often from the same families, executed in recent days. Opposition activists say the practice is part of a new strategy of government terror aimed at emptying towns and villages known to have harboured rebels in the past.

As the uprising against Assad entered its second year Thurs-day, 200 human rights groups joined to urge Russia and China to back UN action against Syria. Both countries have vetoed UN Security Council resolutions seeking to resolve the crisis, arguing that they unfairly singled out the government for blame. At the same time, Russia has continued to supply the Assad regime with arms.

"City after city, town after town, Syria's security forces are using their scorched earth methods while the Security Council's hands remain tied by Russia and China," said Sarah Leah Whitson of Human Rights Watch, one of the groups that issued the demand.

"One year on, the Security Council should finally stand together and send a clear message to Assad that these attacks should end."

The Syrian Observatory said that 9,113 people had died over the uprising's first year, 6,645 of them civilians.

The regime marked Syria's bloody anniversary by staging shows of loyalty. In areas where rebels have not gained a foot-hold, tens of thousands waved Syrian flags to mark the one-year anniversary of the fight against the anti-Assad protests - a sign that Assad continues to enjoy significant support, particularly outside the country's Sunni Arab majority.

Read more: Turkey threatens military action as refugees pour in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7d07ORRy6M&feature=player_embedded

Turkey threatens military incursion into northern Syria as refugees flee across its borders - Telegraph

The warning came as the Arab Red Crescent predicted that as many as 500,000 Syrian civilians could seek refuge in Turkey as government forces widened an offensive in the border province of Idlib, a stronghold of the rebel Free Syrian Army.
Turkey has said in the past that a fresh surge of refugees would make it necessary to create a safe area within Syrian territory to protect civilians.
Besir Atalay, Turkey's deputy prime minister, on Thursday said the move, which was considered but rejected last year, was again being contemplated.
Giving impetus to renewed calls for some kind of limited military intervention, Syrian human rights activists claimed that 23 mutilated corpses had been discovered near the city of Idlib, which fell to President Bashar al-Assad's forces earlier this week.
The victims, who had been blindfolded and handcuffed before being shot, bore the marks of "extreme torture", the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

that has been denied by the government. it was under discussion if i remember, but has been dismissed now.

Syria should attack the terrorists camp in Turkey, under International law Syria is allowed to attack an terrorists camps in any foreign soil, just like Turkey does to Iraq.

The act is it's all BS coming from Turkey about threats Turkey = Joke, you were never going to attack Syria it would to the total destruction of your country. :coffee:

idiot, show me one official statement from the government that threatens with attack on Syria.

"Turkey=Joke" ? we clearly see who the joke here is. and no, idiot. Turkey has the military power assad could only dream off having.

that "joke" country has the biggest economy in the entire middle east. i got to say you really are dumb.

Syria should attack the terrorists camp in Turkey, under International law Syria is allowed to attack an terrorists camps in any foreign soil, just like Turkey does to Iraq.

hypocrit aren't you hmmm?

by your logic we have the legal right to attack and destroy Syria because your assad sheltered that piece of **** communist pkk leader?

trying to say that refugees is terrorists just shows your true identity.

and that you try to compare pkk to refugees!

Turkiye invading Syria will only destabilize the country more. Turks are not helping the matter. This is an internal conflict.

Turkiye invading Syria will only destabilize the country more. Turks are not helping the matter. This is an internal conflict.

why do i even bother...

please, do show me a official link from the government saying that they are going to attack Syria. this is just some BS from the media to be able to gather some more viewers. go check out and if you find any please post it here.

but be sure to check if it is an official government statement! :)

and NO, when thousands of Syrians come to Turkey as refugees it becomes a problem for Turkey. they have to give shelter, food, aid etc. to the refugees.

Turkey is becoming more and more a machine ready to be used by NATO and the USA - it would be not in their interest and certainly they should keep out of the Syrian situation.

idiot, show me one official statement from the government that threatens with attack on Syria.

"Turkey=Joke" ? we clearly see who the joke here is. and no, idiot. Turkey has the military power assad could only dream off having.

that "joke" country has the biggest economy in the entire middle east. i got to say you really are dumb.

hypocrit aren't you hmmm?

by your logic we have the legal right to attack and destroy Syria because your assad sheltered that piece of **** communist pkk leader?

trying to say that refugees is terrorists just shows your true identity.

and that you try to compare pkk to refugees!

I'm talking about FSA camps. plus there is no refugee camps for innocent citizens, they all left after women got raped in those camps.

From what I heard, the descision last year was not to attack Northen Syria, but it is under discussion again.

I'm talking about FSA camps. plus there is no refugee camps for innocent citizens, they all left after women got raped in those camps.

links that say they are raped there?

those are camps from international organizations... keep on barking like a dog for your master.

Back
Top Bottom