What's new

Turkey ready to build nukes

It's not a problem if a nation has nuclear weapons as long as it can absolutely keep them from being used outside its control. Nations should adopt the policy that IF they are attacked by a nuclear device, then they have the right to totally annihilate the nation who produced the nuclear material or weapon, no excuses. What is feared is the transfer of nuclear weapons or materials (for a dirty bomb) to non-state actors. States well know the consequences of attacking someone else with a nuclear device. Non-state actors, on the other hand, are not deterred by the same fear of retaliation or they have no place they care about protecting. Some state intelligence services may think they are clever enough to transfer nuclear materials to terrorist groups without leaving any of their own fingerprints behind. The more states that have nuclear weapons, the more possibility there is that someone will do something very, very unwise.

People aquire Atomic bombs to use them one day. it is not for show behind a glass room. if you have it, you will use it if you see the need. as long as there is double policies regarding these weapons by the powerful nations, there will always be a race among the countries to try to overtake each other in this technology, god save us all, if it is not controlled, the future of this planet will be a very messy and sh!tyy one. by barring one nation and allowing the other to have nukes will only create more mistrust and take this world to an unknonw future.

Turkey already has nukes as member of NATO each nato country have their designated nuclear weaponds , just need the activation codes

NATO nukes are American nukes..guarded and kept in American possession in foreign territory.

Turkey is a NPT signatory...any attempt to develop nuclear weapons will result in Iran like sanctions.

Greece hahahaha,
france, Uk doesn't have any enemies why they still posses nuclear bombs?
Then Greece would also got for acquiring nuclear weapons. They might be broke now but one never knows the future. Already there are rumours of Burmese trying to acquire them. At this rate, all will go on arming for nuclear weapons through the black market.

The whole of Europe would become rabid with nuclear weapons.

UK and France got 'em because they were a part of WW2 Allies and agreed to share the new tech. The question is; why would Turks want to use nuclear weapons? They're far more powerful conventionally than Greece who's their main enemy.

Is it just because of Israel? But there's no military threat to Turkey from Israel. They have it simply because they're surrounded by more than 20 hostile countries and conventionally it would take about just a month to take over the land.

Turkey on the other hand is a large country with a powerful military both in tech and numbers. Why unnecessarily take the off-road path when u got a nice asphalt expressway in front of you? :)

I do not think that Turkey will use nuclear technology for mass destruction purposes. Our Conventional Army and Defence technologies have already been losing someone's sleep over.
Besides, Constructing a state of art Nuclear research center completing older ones and universities with technological abilities, is on schedule and It aims to develop every type nuclear technology for some peacfull aims... With 1st Nuclear reactor constructed in Mersin, will accelerate those type works...

That is great newz that Turkey is setting sale in this field....bro
:)

NATO nukes are American nukes..guarded and kept in American possession in foreign territory.

Turkey is a NPT signatory...any attempt to develop nuclear weapons will result in Iran like sanctions.

Can you tell me more about this double standard? This is complete BS. Why do you get to have nukes and we don't? I think just because of this reason, we should develop our own nukes.

No Israel is not a NATO member and they refuse to sign the NPT and deny they have them so they currently hold the legal means to keep their nukes. Like i said though who is going to try to nuke us ? To where we need them

oh my bad.

The question is NOT who's going to try to nuke us. It is WHY we are not allowed to develop our own if we want to. There are numerous countries with nukes, but why does this become a problem when us Turks want to do it. Personally, I am saying this again, I dont like nukes, but USA and other nuke nations telling us that we basically are NOT allowed to just pisses me off.

Turkey does not really have an enemy which is massive and cannot be handled conventionally.Turkish Military is quite capable of handling the main enemy (Greece).There is no need for Turkey to have nuclear weapons.Pakistan and India acquired nukes because we're in a totally different threat environment.I doubt Indo-Pakistan Nukes will ever be used.

Last edited:
oh my bad.

The question is NOT who's going to try to nuke us. It is WHY we are not allowed to develop our own if we want to. There are numerous countries with nukes, but why does this become a problem when us Turks want to do it. Personally, I am saying this again, I dont like nukes, but USA and other nuke nations telling us that we basically are NOT allowed to just pisses me off.

Well i am sure if nukes were required (hopefully they never will be) we would have the economic means to produce them on a small scale. Don't forget we are a member of NATO and have nuclear sharing. Our conventional capability is beyond anyone in the region too.

@mehru

Pakistan is a different Case than Turkey and Face a another Threat Enivirement than Turkey. For Turkey itself the conventional Power is enough for a minimun credible Detterent, also in Scenarios where we Face Confrontation with Russia or a multinational European Force. I will not say that Turkey is able to win a War against these worst Case Threats, but Tukey can inflict to them high Losses of Soldiers and Material.

@into the Wild

Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan are our Brothers, people of these Countries share the same turkic - mongolic Roots as Turks or (many) Pakistanis.

Paksitanis are nothing but Converted Hindus:D

If we really need it, we will have it. Nobody stop us !!! But however i don't want any nukes. Nukes are humanity crimes......

I agree that Turkey should have the capabilities of Nuclear!!!

The Only thing I trust about Turkey is there Military.... They deserve Nuclear capabilities...

the US really ought to be pushing everyone to disarm including the existing powers.

People aquire Atomic bombs to use them one day. it is not for show behind a glass room. if you have it, you will use it if you see the need. as long as there is double policies regarding these weapons by the powerful nations, there will always be a race among the countries to try to overtake each other in this technology, god save us all, if it is not controlled, the future of this planet will be a very messy and sh!tyy one. by barring one nation and allowing the other to have nukes will only create more mistrust and take this world to an unknonw future.

It would be nice if Afhgan had NUKES... ;)

We can sell them some war heads under table.
Pakistan sort of started the nuclear race in islamic world by being the first.
Just getting the nuke alone is not a progress. Being able to continously improve it, understand its working and more important ablility to deliver it are bigger challenges.

hahahahahaha u have clearly said we can sell them warheads undertable so why undertable when ever one knows we have given them bettter of given them openly

It's not a problem if a nation has nuclear weapons as long as it can absolutely keep them from being used outside its control.

So far no other nation but USA used this deadly bomb on Japanese. So what are you implying here? :undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom