What's new

Turkey is preparing to buy/make an aircraft carrier!

turkey suld buy more then one AC but i would not say froam amaricans they would ask blood of muslim brothers in return puls still you have to pay for it

images

aircraft-carrier.jpg

I am sure that if Pakistan Navy has the money then they will going to look towards the development of Ormara as their central Naval base with some 3 Shipyards and facilities for Subs and Frigates. More over they will going to do R&D with Chinese on SSBNS, SSKs and Frigates along with other surface vessels. So Aircraft carrier or even a helicopter carrier is now out of question.

I hope this news are false... It says, ship will be around 140m... You can't have an operational carrier or LPH with that lenght. Dokdo (Korean) and Mistral (French) are 200 meters.

And again the news says ship will weight around 25.000 tons. I don't know what they were thnking but 140m ship does not weight around 25.000 tons unless we are incapible to produce decent modern naval meterial which is not true.. Turkish naval industry is one of the leading industuries of our country...

So I think they were making up this story from their ......

I just visited U.S. Naval Institute & Proceedings web page for the original text! "The Commanders Respond" however, for reading some articals it requires membership

Proceedings Magazine | U.S. Naval Institute

Juan Carlos is 27,079 tonnes (24'560 as a.c.c.) but then its 230.82 m

edit: translation

commander of the turkish naval forces announced that we are planing to have STOVL aircrafts

I am pretty sure that the SSM and TSK are doing what they can to invest, and develop defense products that will complement, or cover any insufficiencies.

Osmanl Milletler Topluluu .:.: www.mehmetalidemirbas.com :.:.

‘Osmanlý Milletler Topluluðu’ kurulmalýdýr (2) - GAZETEVATAN.COM

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/davutogl...nya/haberdetay/07.12.2010/1323171/default.htm

esad gidince bunu gercek dusunmeliyiz

this is like the commenwealth of ottoman --- we never colonised like britian and still i cant beleive india is in commenwealth wow i cant believe it they used them as slaves now they are init sometimes i say i wish we did the same instead of allowing them religion , language etc , i have an algerian freind and he said algerians like this idea alot

If the news is true then its a good neews for the region. It will scare the **** out of ISRAEL. Will turkey make the carrier
indegenously and buy it from somewhere.

To be blunt, I woudl rather wish that our navy to have modern Frigates or Destroyers rather than carries like that...

You had to post this now don't you!!!:angry: Damn I got emotional!!

These guys deserved that oscar...

PS: the way her voice cracks just gets me every damn time :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really sad to see that some of my fellow Turks don't use their brains when jumping on the bandwagon of greatness.

I don't think Davutoglu is right in the head with that vision, no matter how you look at it it won't last and it's an empty dream that won't be real. And the most basic argument for why is that Turks are different than the arabs.

An example of this could be... You don't see sunni or shia bomb each others mosques or people. You see this in almost every other muslim country.

In Libya, you see that the rebels don't want to put down their guns because they've tasted the power. And being able to deal death is the ultimate power for small greedy minded people.

Gaddafi may be gone, but a couple of generations have been ruined by the power of having a GUN in their hands. None of them should have been allowed to join the police or army. A big mistake from my point of view.

Turkey leading a Union of old Ottoman breakaways, that's a sad attempt to recreate old greatness, quite pathetic IMO.

Think of your own country first, and make coexistance in peace the very bedrock of your existance, or you'll keep dreaming until the West puts a leash around your neck!

if you can't get rid of corruption among your own first, how can you dream of helping others.

It's really sad to see that some of my fellow Turks don't use their brains when jumping on the bandwagon of greatness.

I don't think Davutoglu is right in the head with that vision, no matter how you look at it it won't last and it's an empty dream that won't be real. And the most basic argument for why is that Turks are different than the arabs.

An example of this could be... You don't see sunni or shia bomb each others mosques or people. You see this in almost every other muslim country.

In Libya, you see that the rebels don't want to put down their guns because they've tasted the power. And being able to deal death is the ultimate power for small greedy minded people.

Gaddafi may be gone, but a couple of generations have been ruined by the power of having a GUN in their hands. None of them should have been allowed to join the police or army. A big mistake from my point of view.

Turkey leading a Union of old Ottoman breakaways, that's a sad attempt to recreate old greatness, quite pathetic IMO.

Think of your own country first, and make coexistance in peace the very bedrock of your existance, or you'll keep dreaming until the West puts a leash around your neck!

if you can't get rid of corruption among your own first, how can you dream of helping others.

Amen to that. Look at your own problems before pointing fingers at others. The neo-ottomanism some people dream of is an empty dream, if Turkey can stand on her own feet and be a model for other neighboring countries we should be contend.

Back
Top Bottom