What's new

Turkey, China conduct joint air maneuvers

Overview of AE

AE trainings are realized in close-to-real war environment, with a scenario from easy to hard, with the advantage of high technology and by monitoring the quality of the trainings on the computer environment. The aim is to test the knowledge and abilities of all participants, to raise the level of the training by detecting the hitches and deficiencies.

The fundamental of the scenario consists of the attack of BLUE team with Combined Air Operation (COMAO) on the tactical and strategic targets in RED lands which are defended by fighter aircrafts and SAM systems.

The White Headquarters, sort of the brain of AE in which the AE crew works, is the center building in which the trainings are planned and the statistical studies are carried out.

Command Control Center is the headquarters in which the information (location, position and flight information) of aircrafts, which are transferred through ACMI (Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation), can be observed in real-time. The tracks detected by AWACS and land radars and real-time searching, locking and shooting images of SAM and anti-aircraft systems can be observed. Also the MASE (Multi Aegis Site Emulator) Operation Center, Anatolian Eagle sorties and daily base flights are controlled and commanded here. The main briefing hall, which is located in the same building with CCC, has a capacity of 450 people and the last briefings before Eagle Sorties and the debriefings after flights are carried out here.

Located in the Red Building, Red Forces plan their tasks and have their briefings here. No one except the Red Forces can enter this building. Also in the same way, the Red Forces personnel cannot enter other building.

The national and foreign squadrons participating in Anatolian Eagle trainings are stationed in Blue-1, Blue-2 and Blue-3 buildings. Each building has briefing rooms for squadrons to have briefings and brain-storming.

With a capacity of 260 rooms and 520 beds, the construction of AE dormitory is completed before 2002 AE trainings and the settlement problem was partially solved. In the following years, in the same region with the dormitory, two dormitories, a restaurant, officer and NCO clubs and other activity centers will be built.

The AE Airspace is expended towards south and reached a dimension of 200 nm. east-west and 150 nm. north-south. The Salt Area, the main operation airspace, is being used from ground level up to 50,000 feet.

During the AE trainings the AWACS gives C2 support to Blue forces and the land radar located on the base gives GCI support to Red forces and the Turkish tanker aircrafts give AAR support to both forces.

AE is certainly no joke. There is a reason every major NATO country has had training there. It is one of the few places where this type of training can be carried out at such a large scale and tracked in real time. Red flag would probably be another such place

Last edited:
^^Man you and your bullshit! "most developed Air base in the world"?
children with severe retardation can articulate themselves better than you do...

Read carefully before shoot off the handle. Christ!

Konya Air Base is the most developed Air base in the world:
If you fly a little, you see huge lake; Salt Lake
If you fly a little, you see huge sea; Mediterranean
If you fly a little, you see huge mountains; Taurus.
One experiences all types of weather conditions, depending on the direction he chooses.

Also, Konya Air Base has most advanced Electronic-War facilities for fighter jets.

Turkey produced Kasirga rockets in cooperation with China.

Welcome, Chinese fighter jet pilots...
Turkey is generous to present you the most developed training air base facility it owns.

See you in 2011 Anatolian Eagle, we look forward to see this time J-20 instead of Su-27.

He is merely saying that Turkey will offer the best facilities IT has, not the best facilities the world has.

^^Man you and your bullshit! "most developed Air base in the world"?
children with severe retardation can articulate themselves better than you do...
Do you ever post anything that doesn't insult anyone?

Read carefully before shoot off the handle. Christ!

He is merely saying that Turkey will offer the best facilities IT has, not the best facilities the world has.

his exact title:
Konya Air Base is the most developed Air base in the world

how else will you interpreter this? what he wrote afterwords is irrelevant to your effort "decode" the syntax with such a blunt title, moreover im familiar with his posts, this will sum up his comments context "Everything that Turkey produce and ever-will is the best"...

I m looking forward to Pakistan-China-Turkey partnership in defence projects .Turkey needs indigenous fighters to become self-reliant ,so do we to reduce the dependency on West and China currently is running with various projects .So it will be good if three of us can have a joint venture for a new aircraft or may be for future blocks of jf-17 ,Turkish interest in jf-17 might be an indication of this .

Sino-Pak aircrafts with NATO touch

I m looking forward to Pakistan-China-Turkey partnership in defence projects .Turkey needs indigenous fighters to become self-reliant ,so do we to reduce the dependency on West and China currently is running with various projects .So it will be good if three of us can have a joint venture for a new aircraft or may be for future blocks of jf-17 ,Turkish interest in jf-17 might be an indication of this .

I don't think TuAF is interested in JF-17. That rumor came out when President Gul visited an air base in Pakistan and "interested" in JF-17, that was it. But, I do believe we should cooperate on aviation even if it's not gonna fruit a jointly developed fighter.

Gul our president showed interest in the aircraft. He does not have any say though in procurement.

I don't think TuAF is interested in JF-17. That rumor came out when President Gul visited an air base in Pakistan and "interested" in JF-17, that was it. But, I do believe we should cooperate on aviation even if it's not gonna fruit a jointly developed fighter.
Correct me if I am wrong but according to recent reports, Turkey is considering joining South Korea and Indonesia in the KF-X programme.

From what I can tell Turkey did show interest in joining the KF-X programme but I haven't heard/ read anything since the initial article was posted a few weeks ago. Maybe one our senior turkish posters (Cabatli or Jigs) could give an update. :).

Re: Konya Air base: I agree that is a very advanced facility but i doubt it's the most developed in the world.

Correct me if I am wrong but according to recent reports, Turkey is considering joining South Korea and Indonesia in the KF-X programme.

We are considering it but officials recently commented that it is not really much of a possibility.

Defense Minister Vecdi Gönül said Turkey may cooperate with South Korea, but implied that this is a small possibility. "We can manufacture the new fighter aircraft with them, we don't rule this out. But the decision we have taken now calls for the production of a totally national and original aircraft," he said.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n....onal-original8217-fighter-aircraft-2010-12-16

:cheers:

Is the official trying to imply that Turkey is developing her own 5th gen?

Exactly what Gen the aircraft is going to be is not really out yet. This is still a very early project (funding has only been given for a "on paper design" and nothing more) and the actual date for it to enter service is 2023(without delays). They have said though this aircraft is to serve along side the F-16 (CCIP/50+ block) and the F-35A. The aircraft will be geared towards Air/Air combat.

Exactly what Gen the aircraft is going to be is not really out yet. This is still a very early project (funding has only been given for a "on paper design" and nothing more) and the actual date for it to enter service is 2023(without delays). They have said though this aircraft is to serve along side the F-16 (CCIP/50+ block) and the F-35A. The aircraft will be geared towards Air/Air combat.

The plane, at the very least, should have 4.5 gen capabilities.

Another project to look forward to...

Konya Air Base is the most developed Air base in the world:
...Geographic condition....

What I said is that Konya Air Base is the most developed according to GEOGRAPHICAL TRAINING conditions. Clear?

For example, Israel is very very small country. The IAF jets are immediately reaching the mediterranean sea. That is why, Israel is begging from Greece and Romania to supply israel their air spaces.

Turkey is very very large country. From Konya, it takes 1051 km/2000 km = 30 minutes for F-16 jet to reach east boundary of Turkey. For israel jets, it takes 50 km/2000 km = ONLY 1.5 minutes to get out of israel! Hence, normally, israel jets are training themselves ONLY OVER SEA in practice!

Back
Top Bottom