What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

Dwx9rjPX0AE8_Z9

Dwx9rjaXQAArKEA

Why does Tunisia not convert their UH-1N into UH-1Y which the Marine Corps was going to do when instead they made new built ones. Instead of buying UH-60s they can just use older airframes and do a complete overhaul, the performance is relatively close to Blackhawks, you can agree or disagree but I'm just putting this out there not just for Tunisia but for all states that still operate the UH-1N. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_UH-1Y_Venom
Also If Tunisia needs an attack helicopter they could easily purchase the AH-1Z which has an 83% parts commonality with the UH-1Y which would simplify logistics a whole lot with less parts needed.

UH-1Y with new engines and 4 composite rotors instead of 2.

UH-1N with two composite rotors.
1024px-AH1Z_at_the_MCAS_Miramar_Air_Show_on_3_Oct_2008.JPG

AH-1Y Venom with the ability to use up to 16 missiles Hellfire and FIM-92 stinger missile in addition to rocket pod

Last edited:
as for the AH-1Y the air force is considering getting them also I do agree with upgrading the Uh-1 and who knows maybe they will do it

as for the AH-1Y the air force is considering getting them also I do agree with upgrading the Uh-1 and who knows maybe they will do it
I mean yeah because with the UH-1Y you get an on par utility helicopter with more passenger carrying capability than the UH-60 Blackhawk which Tunisia purchased recently using existing chassis which are aging and are going to be scrapped anyway. The AH-1Z is a good helicopter in itself simply because of its anti-tank and anti insurgent abilities, instead of using just TOW it uses up to 16 AGM-114 Hellfire's and TOW missiles which are good for engaging tanks under bridges or under overpasses and is on par with the AH-64 at a much lower cost. I do think that Tunisia could use them effectively against terrorists and in case of an armed conflict on anti-tank and armored vehicle hunting roles with the ability to effectively deal with any threat that comes at it.

it's fast respond regiment as he say
فوج تدخل سريع
Those are not for the UN..They went to Mali to shoulder the Berkane French forces ..We thought that role was reserved to Moroccan troops?

Back
Top Bottom