What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

Well if they do... TN will officially go bankrupt...

There are ways to fund them in long-term processes to ease the burden, and if any of the recent US/Tunisia relations are any indication, it's not a far fetched proposition. I also don't think a batch of -- new or even former -- F-16s would be a bad thing at all. I think the US is the best way for Tunisia to go with a fighter upgrade. The F-15 might be a bit of a stretch, but I don't see why a batch of F-16s or even F/A-18s wouldn't be ideal for Tunisia.

There are ways to fund them in long-term processes to ease the burden, and if any of the recent US/Tunisia relations are any indication, it's not a far fetched proposition. I also don't think a batch of -- new or even former -- F-16s would be a bad thing at all. I think the US is the best way for Tunisia to go with a fighter upgrade. The F-15 might be a bit of a stretch, but I don't see why a batch of F-16s or even F/A-18s wouldn't be ideal for Tunisia.

Even more loans for TN and it will be her End...
And Jets aren't a "crucial" necessity" for TN... Therefore putting Billions in it, is useless for the Country. Better strengthen the Land Forces/Naval forces for now. That are a priority for current TN problems.

If they want they can Add more Light Attack Helis for Support if they wish, but New shiny Jet's is "IMO" useless for now.

But, If we have to choose something, to "modernize" our Air Force, then Used F-16 with recent updates is what we should go for. F-15 isn't interesting for our current Air Force doctrine.

But if Money, isn't a problem in the Future, I will personally prefer Few Dozens of Rafale.

Even more loans for TN and it will be her End...
And Jets aren't a "crucial" necessity" for TN... Therefore putting Billions in it, is useless for the Country. Better strengthen the Land Forces/Naval forces for now. That are a priority for current TN problems.

If they want they can Add more Light Attack Helis for Support if they wish, but New shiny Jet's is "IMO" useless for now.

But, If we have to choose something, to "modernize" our Air Force, then Used F-16 with recent updates is what we should go for. F-15 isn't interesting for our current Air Force doctrine.

But if Money, isn't a problem in the Future, I will personally prefer Few Dozens of Rafale.

I can see the logic in that, absolutely. Our friend @Mootaz-khelifi doesn't agree with your last sentence whatsoever, you know that, right? :D

But here's a question for you: You say "And Jets aren't a "crucial" necessity" for TN... Therefore putting Billions in it, is useless for the Country," and while Tunisia is a relatively small country, it is in a strategic considering the turmoil to its east and potential problems penetrating from the west and southwest. That being said, is 12 F-5s (while IMO they are outstanding aircraft and in mint condition) enough to adequately capable of protecting the country's full land and coastal territory? Even if current warfare strategy has seriously shifted from great battlegrounds to anti-terrorism, the aerial aspect has also changed in the sense that patrolling and long-distance precision targeting has actually become even more important a much larger role for all air forces in the region than prior to the WOT. I think "useless" is a bit harsh TBH.

3045-004-B3FD0945.jpg

I can see the logic in that, absolutely. Our friend @Mootaz-khelifi doesn't agree with your last sentence whatsoever, you know that, right? :D

But here's a question for you: You say "And Jets aren't a "crucial" necessity" for TN... Therefore putting Billions in it, is useless for the Country," and while Tunisia is a relatively small country, it is in a strategic considering the turmoil to its east and potential problems penetrating from the west and southwest. That being said, is 12 F-5s (while IMO they are outstanding aircraft and in mint condition) enough to adequately capable of protecting the country's full land and coastal territory? Even if current warfare strategy has seriously shifted from great battlegrounds to anti-terrorism, the aerial aspect has also changed in the sense that patrolling and long-distance precision targeting has actually become even more important a much larger role for all air forces in the region than prior to the WOT. I think "useless" is a bit harsh TBH.

3045-004-B3FD0945.jpg

Indeed Sweds are his favorite.

As for F-15, It's mostly a Question of Price. With 12 pcs of them you can get almost 3 times more in F-16 with relative recent versions and With lower cost per Hour and Maintenance.
Added to that, TN pilots seems to be trained or at least familiar with the F-16 platform, according to some leaked images/docs from the past...

So ,my "uselessness" about F-15 was more about it's usage in the TN equation than it's specifications.

As for If TN need an Air force, Yes ofc, she needs one(already have one, but let's say it's meaningless). But Do we need one (like other countries in the region) now? When the core branches of our military aren't fully operational/Equipped yet? I believe Extra spending on such equipments in our current situation isn't the right move, Since Our West Brother isn't going to attack us neither our East one ( Tbh even he does, he has nothing except land forces/ Guerrilla lvl equipment)

Since our "Air" Doctrine/necessity need to be low cost/close support... I believe Attack helis like the OHs is a better investment than Jets. At least in those coming years.

Hopefully in the future, if the money is back in the pocket, Investment in more advanced aircraft should be a priority.

Last edited:
Unleeeeess the Saudis are willing to help :p:
Saudis giving a multi Billion loan to TN for Fighter jets... I already imagine the protest sur L'Avenue...
Average Joe will be: "The country is falling and El Beji is buying planes... Dégage! Dégage!... El Kassas Président!"

Saudis giving a multi Billion loan to TN for Fighter jets... I already imagine the protest sur L'Avenue...
Average Joe will be: "The country is falling and El Beji is buying planes... Dégage! Dégage!... El Kassas Président!"

Most probably they'd claim as well that we're sending soldiers to Yemen or something :lol:

Most probably they'd claim as well that we're sending soldiers to Yemen or something :lol:
TN is already in the "Alliance" but mostly as a "moral" support. They know, we can't send soldiers or anything of that matter.
I suppose it has something to do with the "Arab Nato" thingy... Since it's open for new members and we aren't in it yet. So maybe a move of persuasion to come in, as a "look what we can offer" thingy.

Why the snorkel is put backwards...Should its role is to feed fresh air to the engine?
Fixed one meant for river passage.
(Most Modern) Military vehicles are already designed with proper intakes for all Environment.

Indeed Sweds are his favorite.

As for F-15, It's mostly a Question of Price. With 12 pcs of them you can get almost 3 times more in F-16 with relative recent versions and With lower cost per Hour and Maintenance.
Added to that, TN pilots seems to be trained or at least familiar with the F-16 platform, according to some leaked images/docs from the past...

So ,my "uselessness" about F-15 was more about it's usage in the TN equation than it's specifications.

As for If TN need an Air force, Yes ofc, she needs one(already have one, but let's say it's meaningless). But Do we need one (like other countries in the region) now? When the core branches of our military aren't fully operational/Equipped yet? I believe Extra spending on such equipments in our current situation isn't the right move, Since Our West Brother isn't going to attack us neither our East one ( Tbh even he does, he has nothing except land forces/ Guerrilla lvl equipment)

Since our "Air" Doctrine/necessity need to be low cost/close support... I believe Attack helis like the OHs is a better investment than Jets. At least in those coming years.

Hopefully in the future, if the money is back in the pocket, Investment in more advanced aircraft should be a priority.
Indeed Swedish JAS 39 C/D are what i love
TBH Anything but french or eastren
Rafale is very costy For Tunisia our fragil economy i think JAS is best choice and if we got C/D we can easly Upgrade it to E/F
upload_2018-9-28_20-51-47.png

Indeed Swedish JAS 39 C/D are what i love
TBH Anything but french or eastren
Rafale is very costy For Tunisia our fragil economy i think JAS is best choice and if we got C/D we can easly Upgrade it to E/F

That's why I said "if we've got the money for" I will go for the Rafale. Since it's almost the perfect multi-role fighter in the jungle.
Otherwise With our current financial situation, I think few Dozens Used F-16s with recent version will be our go-to.
Many pilots are Familiar with; It's Cheap; Good a his job; Low cost Maintenance and Pcs. Sub-sys or/and Munitions could be sourced from many countries at interesting discount prices, like Turkey catalogue of Missiles.

Ps: as for your picture about prices, The price per hour is way lower right now, Few ex-Rafale pilots spoke about it on specialized Air Force French Forum.

Back
Top Bottom