What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

This thing looks great.

57bad65491bf44874b8f88cd123daf92

cb270f2999033c33268ba7283d43eb78

Did the MoD announce any type of helicopter to eventually be part of this package? And wasn't the OPV 70 also part of the interest?

They'll also need a few of these to patrol the coast for the illegal immigration problem and the influx of people trying to get into Tunisia, so the helos are a must as soon as possible because they're an intricate part of this vessel. Until then, though, they can actually use the Blackhawks.
by the look to the real one I think they removed that section

by the look to the real one I think they removed that section

I completely missed that. Interesting, I wonder why they eliminated it.

Sfax: Launch of military frigate made in Tunisia
05/03/2018 19:31, TUNIS/Tunisia

cache_660x660_Analog_medium_9926783_2906693_05032018.JPG

(TAP) - A military frigate, the result of technical co-operation between the industrial and naval constructions company (SCIN) in Sfax and officers and engineers of the Ministry of National Defence, was launched Monday at the fishing port of Sfax.

The 27-meter frigate is destined for the Tunisian Navy, said SCIN Chief Executive Wassim Koubaâ, adding that it can accommodate a crew of more than 10 people and is fast and able to navigate at sea for very long distances non-stop.

He added that the cost of manufacturing the frigate, called "Utique", was 40% cheaper than the one proposed by other foreign companies.

Moreover, SCIN is manufacturing a second military patrol on behalf of the Ministry of National Defence and which will be put into service in a month, he added.

Patrollers are made by Tunisian experts and comply with international quality and safety standards, as part of the public-private partnership established since 2012 with the company SCIN, said the same source.

In 2015, the company had made the patrol boat "Istiqlal" (Independence) for the Navy fleet.

https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Regions/9927880-sfax-launch-of

I completely missed that. Interesting, I wonder why they eliminated it.

Sfax: Launch of military frigate made in Tunisia
05/03/2018 19:31, TUNIS/Tunisia

cache_660x660_Analog_medium_9926783_2906693_05032018.JPG

(TAP) - A military frigate, the result of technical co-operation between the industrial and naval constructions company (SCIN) in Sfax and officers and engineers of the Ministry of National Defence, was launched Monday at the fishing port of Sfax.

The 27-meter frigate is destined for the Tunisian Navy, said SCIN Chief Executive Wassim Koubaâ, adding that it can accommodate a crew of more than 10 people and is fast and able to navigate at sea for very long distances non-stop.

He added that the cost of manufacturing the frigate, called "Utique", was 40% cheaper than the one proposed by other foreign companies.

Moreover, SCIN is manufacturing a second military patrol on behalf of the Ministry of National Defence and which will be put into service in a month, he added.

Patrollers are made by Tunisian experts and comply with international quality and safety standards, as part of the public-private partnership established since 2012 with the company SCIN, said the same source.

In 2015, the company had made the patrol boat "Istiqlal" (Independence) for the Navy fleet.

https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Regions/9927880-sfax-launch-of
maybe they don't need it so they removed to decrease the cost of purchasing or for more room for emigrants wen they save them .

maybe they don't need it so they removed to decrease the cost of purchasing or for more room for emigrants wen they save them .
Mostly for cost saving. We don't need helis on it. at least for our current need.
Some Camcopter or over type of VTOL UAS is enough to answer basic task/need.

it's just a patrol boat not a frigate ... sadly our press doesn't know the difference
Inshallah we get a "Destroyer" when they make a 40+m one...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom