What's new

Tuaf destroys Pantsir/BUK/S-300Airdefence

Yeah, sure. You would destroy S-400, and kill Russian troops as well :D
It's not about whether we would kill Russian troops, it's about whether we could have destroyed the Russian S-400, or the Syrian S-300PMU2 in the vicinity. And we definitely could have.

It's not the attackers side that's afraid.

S-400 is like any other SAM... with advanced EW capabilities and right weapons you can take it out pretty easy.

If you don't have multi layered connected air defence systems, proper Air Force and electronic counter measures (ECCM) you can't defend yourself in critical situations.

S-400 is like any other SAM... with advanced EW capabilities and right weapons you can take it out pretty easy.

If you don't have multi layered connected air defence systems, proper Air Force and electronic counter measures (ECCM) you can't defend yourself in critical situations.
while this sounds good and possible, it hasnt been tested yet in an active, real world scenario. People on this forum confuse lack of use of S300s and S400s with them being incompetent, or shut down. I feel confident its the opposite- their capability is so strategic, national leaders have to decide if they actually want to use that weapon because its effect is very strong(aircraft being shot down, aircrew probably dead, national image damaged or humiliated). THe way you talk about S400s, you make it sound like its a toy weapon made to developing country standards. Even in raw capability, if that thing locks onto your F16 and fires, you and i know what is going to happen. Understand that the lack of action you are seeing is the lack of a political decision(to fire the system at actual enemy aircraft) that is just reflected through the lack of the use of the S300/S400 systems.

while this sounds good and possible, it hasnt been tested yet in an active, real world scenario. People on this forum confuse lack of use of S300s and S400s with them being incompetent, or shut down. I feel confident its the opposite- their capability is so strategic, national leaders have to decide if they actually want to use that weapon because its effect is very strong(aircraft being shot down, aircrew probably dead, national image damaged or humiliated). THe way you talk about S400s, you make it sound like its a toy weapon made to developing country standards. Even in raw capability, if that thing locks onto your F16 and fires, you and i know what is going to happen. Understand that the lack of action you are seeing is the lack of a political decision(to fire the system at actual enemy aircraft) that is just reflected through the lack of the use of the S300/S400 systems.

S-400 alone is not a game changer, that is what i'm trying to say.

Turkey is a really mountainous country and this limits S-400's radar range drastically.

No need to be sarcastic, its not like S-400 invincible. Why is Russia not protecting its ally if the S-400 is such a super weapon?
My post isn't about S-400 is a super weapon or not, it's performance remains to be seen still. It is about some Israeli fan boy here that they would attack Russia in Syria. S-400 belongs to Russia, not some Iranian militia or regime.
Are Russia and Israel that stupid, I don't understand your last question.

Last edited:
My post isn't about S-400 is a super weapon or not, it's performance remains to be seen still. It is about some Israeli fan boy here that they would attack Russia in Syria. S-400 belongs to Russia, not some Iranian militia or regime.
Russia is afraid of Israel, not the opposite.
And as I said, it's not a question whether we will destroy a Russian S-400, it's whether we could, and if Russian forces would be hostile, we will destroy it.

Im basically implying that S-400 is pretty useless in preventing Israeli raids on Syria so its also technically possible to take out those S-400 whether its Syrian or Russian.

Guys, the main purpose of Pantsir is to protect S-400 from incoming missiles.

But we already learned, that Pantsir cant protect even itself. So is someone decides to destroy S-300/400 in Syria it will take just one missile, no more. Maybe even propeller drone with 20 kg bomb. :lol:

If Israel US or Turkey wanted to destroy s400 they have the capabilities to do it this is the main talk point
On the other hand despite being the most advanced air defense system at least if we assume specs on the paper are true in real life s400 doesn’t have real combat experience plus it’s placed in very static postion(khemimin air base in latakia) which makes it very vulnerable Pantisr s1 Tor and Buk are all questionable systems for defending s400 as demonstrated by the last video shared by clash report
All 3 states especially Israel and Turkey have their own political and security targets in Syria for which they need russian cooperation of course i am excluding trade volume which another important reason why neither Russia nor Turkey/Israel would cross redlines
S400 was never a target for TuAF or IAF but definitely if russians decide to shoot down turkish or israeli plane then khmeimim base(including S400 and 5 su-35 stationed here) will be wiped out from Earth’s face

Im basically implying that S-400 is pretty useless in preventing Israeli raids on Syria so its also technically possible to take out those S-400 whether its Syrian or Russian.
Well, I would like see anybody (except Turkey) try to directly attack Russian presence in Syria :D

Last edited:
Well, I would like see anybody (except Turkey) try to directly attack Russian presence in Syria :D
Turkey sure has the capabilities too but with the weak political leaders there is a higher chance that Israel attacks Russians rather than Turkey if the push came.

Back
Top Bottom