What's new

TTP will not attack Pakistan Army

We are in serious crisis, economy is down, security situation is worse, there is anxioty everywhere
We need to take drastic measure to improve conditions, let us start peace from here and build economy and security

This is just for North Waziristan. Attacks there were increasingly destroying the relationship with Army and Haqqani, Gul Bahadar and Hekmatyars men so the 3 groups put pressure on TTP to stop there. There is a deal between these and the army.

Also this will not stop the constantly recurring attacks in South Waziristan, Orakzai and the outskirts of Peshawar city.

Also only Bajaur, Mohmand and a few other areas within various agencies have been de-notified as conflict zones. Rest remain volatile.

This is just for North Waziristan. Attacks there were increasingly destroying the relationship with Army and Haqqani, Gul Bahadar and Hekmatyars men so the 3 groups put pressure on TTP to stop there. There is a deal between these and the army.

Also this will not stop the constantly recurring attacks in South Waziristan, Orakzai and the outskirts of Peshawar city.

Also only Bajaur, Mohmand and a few other areas within various agencies have been de-notified as conflict zones. Rest remain volatile.
Well, these policy makers in pak army need to realize that india has been active very aggressive lately and things could go down on indo-pak border real soon.

Stale wine? The last time they promised this, they drove in a convoy upto 100 km from Islamabad with guns, as I remember.

THEY ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION, THEY ARE BEYOND FORGIVENESS; THEY'VE SPILLED TOO MUCH BLOOD.

TOO LATE FOR APOLOGIES, TOO LATE FOR 'OFFERS'

FIND THEM, HUNT THEM DOWN, KILL OR CAPTURE THEM. THAT'S IT.

THEY ARE FIGHTING NO JIHAD. THE REAL JIHAD IS BEING FOUGHT BY PAKISTAN ARMY. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS. THEY WILL BE TREATED THUSLY.

THEY ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION, THEY ARE BEYOND FORGIVENESS; THEY'VE SPILLED TOO MUCH BLOOD.

THEY ARE FIGHTING NO JIHAD. THE REAL JIHAD IS BEING FOUGHT BY PAKISTAN ARMY. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS. THEY WILL BE TREATED THUSLY.

THEY ALSO PUT PAKISTAN IN PROBLEMS WHEN THEY STATE THEY USE PAK TERRITORY TO LAUNCH ATTACKS AGAINST THE USA. THAT MEANS PA EITHER KILLS THEM OR ACCEPTS B-52'S FLYING OVER PAK SKIES.

Stale wine? The last time they promised this, they drove in a convoy upto 100 km from Islamabad with guns, as I remember.

That was the TTP-to be specific its Swat chapter. The response was perfect... and there has been no terrorism in Swat for 2 years until its resurgence in 2012 which was largely because of failure to prosecute terrorists and failure to stop infiltration from lower dir or in some cases even Bajaur. Even before Malala was killed the militants had begun to rely on target killings to kill peace council leaders. Being privy to inside information-the prime suspect of the Malala case has still not been arrested. He is Ataullah.

For us the issue is not supposed to be what goes on Afghanistan-when your home is on fire the first step is dousing the flames in your house rather than helping another. In a visit to US Kayani made the promise that he might go into north waziristan, the only thing stopping the army from doing something this stupid when Orakzai, Kurram, South Waziristan is the vociferous outrage of ordinary Pakistanis and lower lever officers and soldiers.

The valid question is there has been no real new operation launched since 2009 though things have deteriorated. Still have to come to an understanding what exactly we are doing in response to their bombings. Everyone needs even the surrounding areas of Peshawar aren't safe. 200-400 militants are just going around and managed to come by-dhar dhar dhar and the top police officer is dead? What more they even take a few heads?

I think the military's policy and the daily killings of soldiers and cops is a real morale dampener.

Exactly, TTP are scums on the face of earth. They need to be hunted down and their head's chopped off just like they have been treating Pakistan Army. You are 100% right, Pakistan army is fighting real Jihad. TTP has realized that their funds are running out and it will be really hard for them to carry on their dirty agenda once Nato pulls out so they are leaning towards peace now but this is the time for Pakistan army to hit them hard and hit them where it hurts the most! Once their is a patriotic government in Islamabad, there should be no peace with them. Their only option should be to put their weapons down and surrender! Their time is definitely up!

actually every time there was talk of peace deal or "ceasefire" those "chief" militants were mysteriously whacked by US drones literally the next day :)

a lot goes on behind the scenes too which we dont know nothin about. But at any rate, you can't talk with people like these simply because they live by the gun and they'll die by the gun

but those who are just brain-washed and don't have blood on their hands and are willing to renounce violence, we should rehabilitate them. Where is the government to play that role, i dont see them anywhere?

has PM Ashraf visited tribal areas?

PHP:
That was the TTP-to be specific its Swat chapter. The response was perfect... and there has been no terrorism in Swat for 2 years until its resurgence in 2012 which was largely because of failure to prosecute terrorists and failure to stop infiltration from lower dir or in some cases even Bajaur. Even before Malala was killed the militants had begun to rely on target killings to kill peace council leaders. Being privy to inside information-the prime suspect of the Malala case has still not been arrested. He is Ataullah.

For us the issue is not supposed to be what goes on Afghanistan-when your home is on fire the first step is dousing the flames in your house rather than helping another. In a visit to US Kayani made the promise that he might go into north waziristan, the only thing stopping the army from doing something this stupid when Orakzai, Kurram, South Waziristan is the vociferous outrage of ordinary Pakistanis and lower lever officers and soldiers.

The valid question is there has been no real new operation launched since 2009 though things have deteriorated. Still have to come to an understanding what exactly we are doing in response to their bombings. Everyone needs even the surrounding areas of Peshawar aren't safe. 200-400 militants are just going around and managed to come by-dhar dhar dhar and the top police officer is dead? What more they even take a few heads?

I think the military's policy and the daily killings of soldiers and cops is a real morale dampener.

Operations pushed some into the cities.

Are you ready - politically and otherwise - for army to be marching and occupying the cities?

The same people cry and say army is over stepping its boundaries

PHP:

Operations pushed some into the cities.

Are you ready - politically and otherwise - for army to be marching and occupying the cities?

The same people cry and say army is over stepping its boundaries

I believe the issue is really more in the rural areas. Special police can deal with terrorists in cities.

Personally I am a very emotional and at times vengeful person. Lets say someone comes every few days and slaps me every few days. Personally I'd love to give a tight slap to this person. But then there's something in my mind telling me to wait for my day... this basically demonstrates two warring concepts in my head.

One is my wish to see each and every terrorist either dead or brutally punished, that is my emotions speaking and if you think of it these guys are a cancer-it is a matter of justice that a man who has killed a Pakistani citizen before must be punished for it. The other option is what my mind tells me. It is to give Imran Khan's solution a try which is peace talks. Personally the reason my mind is for it is because from his mothers side he is a Burki (from South Waziristan, kaniguram to be specific which is hearland of Burki's) so he may know more and the other thing is the failure of previous operations, particularly rah e haq and rah e nijat (the failure can be gauged from the fact that the top leadership wasn't apprehended and the territory came under militant control again soon after.)... so if these operations failed in their basic objectives... then well nothing else is working so with a heavy heart go ahead and make a deal with the killers of thousands of Pakistanis.

Also FATA isn't really urbanized so I don't see the army occupying cities in the near future but towns or villages with around 20,000 or less population yes... but that is war. As far as the cities are concerned there should be no reason the police cannot deal with the law and order there, including terrorism. In India they have never used the army against the maoists. Also even in Kashmir they never used artillery bombardment or airstrikes. Those too have a high risk of civilian casualties. (I know casualties and have interviewed surviving members of family as a journalist. Not pleasant and it alienates civilians.)

It is in rural areas where there is an issue with the police. For example for about 14 villages in Beer council (in Haripur district) only Telhala has a police station and the police strength is very low. That is where the police can do little to nothing against the type of foe we are facing. I don't know what we are really going to do.

I can suggest what I know but as far as this war is concerned I have no clue how to proceed. Its callous apathy and negligence not to launch an operation after they kill so many people but again the question arises what did operations achieve... did they eliminate the top TTP echelons of power, did they ruin the Taliban and ravage their functioning capability, did they achieve anything? Their are reports of civilian casualties I keep hearing though whenever an operation is launched. So

Afghan Taliban?

Back
Top Bottom